PDA

View Full Version : BOE and COE

Lasham_1
03-09-2004, 11:03 AM
Can anyone tell me if the product called "Combat Over Europe" being sold by Amazon.co.uk in conjunction with AEP is the same as Justflight's BOE under a different name, or is it a completely different product. If so which one would you recommend?

Lasham_1
03-09-2004, 11:03 AM
Can anyone tell me if the product called "Combat Over Europe" being sold by Amazon.co.uk in conjunction with AEP is the same as Justflight's BOE under a different name, or is it a completely different product. If so which one would you recommend?

DONB3397
03-09-2004, 11:24 AM
There is a complete thread on this subject a few days back. Go to Netwings and read the review of BOE if you haven't done this. It was developed by a group of credible sim developers, including Starshoy and Luthier, and has a broad range of missions/campaigns/skins. Not everyone is happy, but most seem to like it. A post AEP patch is being prepared to take advantage of the new a/c.

COE is a different group and not highly regarded by posters here. Haven't seen an objective review yet.

In fairness, my copy of BOE is enroute. Hope some of the guys who have one or both of these will take the time to post their opinions here.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/3fe77b7e_1812a/bc/Images/Sig---1.jpg?BCh2UTABU0w9LZQo
There is no 'way' of winning;
There is only Winning!

JG52-6High
03-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Ok, i got my BoE a week ago, and i am not only satisfied. Concerning off-line play, i`m having a blast, but i mainly bought BoE to play Dynamic online Campaigns with my squadies, and this feature is, to say the least, patch-worthy. Either i am dumb, or nothing really works the way it should in that mode..
But, nice skins, and it`ll get really good once its fit for AEP, and of course once they patch that Ngen thing!

Greetings

christopher65
03-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Asked the same question a couple of days ago.Bought a copy of combat over europe the other day from Game.Installed it and immediatly thought about uninstalling!!
Lots of skins-sure-but mainly ones ive already downloaded from il2-skins!!As for the missions,well I dont think I will be playing many of them.If crossing the Gulf of Finland is meant to represent the channel then my local river is 100miles wide!!!Mission length is long and content dull.Make more interesting missions myself.
It is a genarally poor product and wouldnt reccomend buying it-sorry.

Lasham_1
03-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks to DONB3397 for your ref to Netwings, I have been checking all recent reviews but must have missed that one.

Thanks also to Christopher65 for your views on COE, I will now definitely go for BoE, in addition to eventually getting my hands on AEP.

Lasham_1

ucanfly
03-09-2004, 02:57 PM
There have been many comments that many of the skins in COE were "taken" from free work featured at IL2 skins without permission. If that is true that is shabby beyond belief. Also slimey of them to insinuate that you are getting new planes - which you are not. I for one am not gonna even think about getting it.