PDA

View Full Version : E3 Steep Masterclass - Must See!

Fruitarian
06-22-2016, 11:56 AM
It's here at last everyone! Well worth watching - the Devs do a wonderful job of introducing and explaining the core of their new game. Easily the best Ubi masterclass I saw by some stretch, and I watched in shabby live quality, now delighted to see it again in full HD.

If you want to understand the game better, this is what to watch.. sit back and enjoy. The entire thing is around 45mins, and the team are really generous with gameplay.. I love their enthusiasm.. maybe because I share it :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhq8IlvZe1c&feature=youtu.be

Fruitarian
06-22-2016, 01:32 PM
And here are my impressions now I've seen it all again in HD..

Wow. What a demo. That wingsuit segment for instance, in Go-Pro is amazing. The sound design is really captivating as is the unique perspective. So much detail here.. congratulations.

Some ideas for you to consider. I apologise for all the critical feedback, but it is love really, please take it as such :o..

Snowfall - Ultra Natural has the most from what we've seen but still seems almost invisible when riding. Will we get a weather option of thick particles, passing through clouds, fog etc? Also is it possible to have snow accumulate on our avatars as in the Division? (Make the call to Sweden, and get them to send you the tech on a usb stick! :) )
G-Force Warning - The current Black and White filter I feel pulls you OUT at the moment you want to be IN. Heartbeat works well, but maybe a radial blur filter that really focuses the attention on your avatar in these critical moments, instead of desaturating it?
Paragliding Red Arrow - Again to me this feels like a UI choice, which compromises the overall experience. To have all this beauty, astonishing vistas, and then a very gamey red arrow for thermals is distracting. You already have another effect I saw which is an overlay of soft arcs moving in the direction of the wind. This is far more sympathetic and actually feels like air currents. If possible please replace the arrow with these.
Control / Navigation - Extraordinary to see this core gameplay is such wonderful condition. Truly. There’s nothing I would add. You’ve achieved the most sophisticated model ever seen in a mountain game. The way you can control your brake, change your orientation on skis with little pops, all of the cool little flourishes we usually can’t recreate seem to be possible with your dual stick system. Kudos.
DLC Mountains - You have announced Alaska will be coming free for all, which is superb, thank you. The worst thing that could happen for Steep would be DLC which divides the community, and as we have seen with other Ubisoft commitments, there is a really player-minded trend now at last, of delivering gameplay content for free, and then paying for it with cosmetic transactions. I would really support such a model, and even a Season Pass if it means more depth and density in the Live Programme to follow for all players.

Can’t thank you enough guys. Was a joy watching Sebastien and Arnaud brimming with information ;) And pouring out their dedication and passion which has been a secret for so long. Couldn’t be more behind your team at Annecy, and game. Keep going now the word is out!

UbiSkyBear
06-22-2016, 02:39 PM
It's here at last everyone! Well worth watching - the Devs do a wonderful job of introducing and explaining the core of their new game. Easily the best Ubi masterclass I saw by some stretch, and I watched in shabby live quality, now delighted to see it again in full HD.

If you want to understand the game better, this is what to watch.. sit back and enjoy. The entire thing is around 45mins, and the team are really generous with gameplay.. I love their enthusiasm.. maybe because I share it :cool:

Thanks for sharing this video, Fruitarian! :cool:

Fruitarian
06-22-2016, 03:45 PM
Thanks for sharing this video, Fruitarian! :cool:

Pleasure SkyBear. It's Ubi we should thank for the mean feat of carving up the hours and hours of live streams from last week. Was holding out for it, great to see the guys sharing the love in HD..

TrialsFusioniot
06-22-2016, 04:39 PM
Thanks for sharing this!

Fruitarian
06-22-2016, 05:19 PM
Thanks for sharing this!

You're welcome! It's a great showing huh?

xZRadiationZx
06-23-2016, 12:02 AM
As soon as I saw it was uploaded I instantly watched it again as I watched it live! It make the game ook epic and I just cannot wait to play it!!