PDA

View Full Version : wathc dog 2 hacks

FlamieHaze
06-21-2016, 10:00 PM
will there be any anti cheats on watch dog 2?
like watch dog 1 there is alot of hackers, and every say hack are allowed

Dead1y-Derri
06-21-2016, 10:04 PM
will there be any anti cheats on watch dog 2?
like watch dog 1 there is alot of hackers, and every say hack are allowed

Hi,

Can you go into more depth by meaning hackers/hacks?

Do you mean people who actually exploited the game?

FlamieHaze
06-21-2016, 10:06 PM
Hi,

people can use hack on watch dog, i have try contect support also i posted on they facebook, everyone say hack are able, so i i showed pic, they say i photoshotoped it,

Rekalty
06-21-2016, 10:08 PM
Hi,

The PC version had serious issues with people using trainers/injectors/other cheats in multiplayer/invasion, since the game lacked any kind of anti-cheat, anything the client was told, was simply accepted. I've had run-ins with lots of invaders that were totally unkillable and moved faster than the fastest cars, never reloaded, and so on. Made me opt out of invasions all together after a short while, and I'm fearing that it will be the exact same issues this time, since it looks like it's running peer-to-peer again.
Mostly, I hope they don't lock/gate gear/weapons/cars behind having to do x amount of invasions, but the game really should have some actual anti-cheat, at the very least during online sessions.

people can use hack on watch dog, i have try contect support also i posted on they facebook, everyone say hack are able, so i i showed pic, they say i photoshotoped it,
There's a certain amount of irony about people cheating in a game about hacking. But yeah, it's happened to me several times as well, I'm a bit sad that support just brushes it off any accuses you of falsifying evidence, even though it's hardly a secret that cheating was a big issue online on the PC.

Just searching for Watch_Dogs online cheating, will show lots of videos about it.

Dead1y-Derri
06-21-2016, 10:09 PM

If you're meaning people illegal hacking the game online then there potentially be a code of conduct for online behaviour most likely with Ubisoft as we've seen with recent games such as Rainbow Six Siege and The Division where those who are cheating will actively be banned or suspended or punished in some way.

FlamieHaze
06-21-2016, 10:14 PM
The PC version had serious issues with people using trainers/injectors/other cheats in multiplayer/invasion, since the game lacked any kind of anti-cheat, anything the client was told, was simply accepted. I've had run-ins with lots of invaders that were totally unkillable and moved faster than the fastest cars, never reloaded, and so on. Made me opt out of invasions all together after a short while, and I'm fearing that it will be the exact same issues this time, since it looks like it's running peer-to-peer again.
Mostly, I hope they don't lock/gate gear/weapons/cars behind having to do x amount of invasions, but the game really should have some actual anti-cheat, at the very least during online sessions.

There's a certain amount of irony about people cheating in a game about hacking. But yeah, it's happened to me several times as well, I'm a bit sad that support just brushes it off any accuses you of falsifying evidence, even though it's hardly a secret that cheating was a big issue online on the PC.

Just searching for Watch_Dogs online cheating, will show lots of videos about it.
i have this kind of **** too, even so they have 999 ammo, if people try to hack you in MP they cant even die when you shoot them

If you're meaning people illegal hacking the game online then there potentially be a code of conduct for online behaviour most likely with Ubisoft as we've seen with recent games such as Rainbow Six Siege and The Division where those who are cheating will actively be banned or suspended or punished in some way.

i have asked too, they seem like ok with real hacking and not the in game plugin hack program, that is y, i need a good answer from them, if not i be geting a refund and a 2nd dissapointed

Rekalty
06-21-2016, 10:16 PM
Games like Watch_Dogs are quite different from Siege or Division, since the latter run on servers, while WD is client-side and peer-to-peer hosted, Ubisoft can't simply "remove" someone's access to a login server, since there isn't any. The only thing they can do is restrict access to the game, making it unplayable, and I have yet to hear or read about them ever doing anything like that, in a singleplayer game with online features. (Like WD, FarCry, AC, etc)

Dead1y-Derri
06-21-2016, 10:17 PM
i have this kind of **** too, even so they have 999 ammo, if people try to hack you in MP they cant even die when you shoot them

i have asked too, they seem like ok with real hacking and not the in game plugin hack program, that is y, i need a good answer from them, if not i be geting a refund and a 2nd dissapointed

I don't know if the developers will release any information at this time as it is still a good few months before launch but I think the recent action against using illegal hacking/glitches in games like The Division and Rainbow Six Siege do show promise.

FlamieHaze
06-23-2016, 02:24 AM
I don't know if the developers will release any information at this time as it is still a good few months before launch but I think the recent action against using illegal hacking/glitches in games like The Division and Rainbow Six Siege do show promise.

has been aday or 2, seem like no mod or admin replay, so i guess is allowed, well i got my answer, see ya

Rekalty
06-23-2016, 10:28 AM
has been aday or 2, seem like no mod or admin replay, so i guess is allowed, well i got my answer, see ya
How very passive agressive of you :P It's not that it's "Allowed" it's simply never actually enforced by the devs, not even bothering to incorporate even the most basic anti-cheat measures. At least, that's how they seem to have approached the PC release of their games for years. And again, with the lack of central servers in games like this, even if they wanted to, it's a bit difficult to tell which people are cheating online.