PDA

View Full Version : Can you play WD 2 purely as a SP game without any other players on the map ?

BlastThyName
06-20-2016, 04:44 PM
Can you play 100% solo in this game or is it like the division ? Can you free roam 100% SOLO without players on the map with you ? Are you allowed to open or close your free roam session to strangers ? I just want to play by myself, me and the game world period. No real players ruining my fun.many thanks to those who can shed light on this.

I read even in single player mode you can run into other players and ask them to co-op (friends or strangers) hence my question, I want to immerge myself in the game world and I don't wanna see anyone else, no friends, no strangers.

Can you completely close your game off to anyone ? I read that you can turn off co-op, that's that at least.

Rekalty
06-20-2016, 04:56 PM
Yes, you can turn invasions and co-op off completely, just like the first game, making it effectively a full singleplayer experience.

BlastThyName
06-20-2016, 05:02 PM
Yes, you can turn invasions and co-op off completely, just like the first game, making it effectively a full singleplayer experience.
Fantastic news if true. But do you have a source ?
I could not find anything conclusive about that.

By "invasion" are you referring to players being part of your game world or a random dude "hacking" you ? I know you could turn MP features off in the first game but with this trend of MP/co-op focused AAA games I felt I had to ask.

Rekalty
06-20-2016, 05:13 PM
Fantastic news if true. But do you have a source ?
I could not find anything conclusive about that.

By "invasion" are you referring to players being part of your game world or a random dude "hacking" you ? I know you could turn MP features off in the first game but with this trend of MP/co-op focused AAA games I felt I had to ask.
Invasions are the PvP modes where other people invade your gameplay session and mess with you, or you do the same to others. I think they mentioned it in the Q&A they did a few days ago, that you're able to both disable multiplayer features as well as just play the game "offline" as they said. I'll see if I can dig up a quote for you, unless someone else beats me to it.

(Reddit post about playing "offline") (https://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/4o4v37/qa_w_jonathan_morin_and_dominic_guay_thursday/d4c61k7) that's the closest I could find, I'm sure they said we could disable invasion/co-op, but I can't find the quote right now.

BlastThyName
06-20-2016, 05:23 PM
Invasions are the PvP modes where other people invade your gameplay session and mess with you, or you do the same to others. I think they mentioned it in the Q&A they did a few days ago, that you're able to both disable multiplayer features as well as just play the game "offline" as they said. I'll see if I can dig up a quote for you, unless someone else beats me to it.

(Reddit post about playing "offline") (https://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/4o4v37/qa_w_jonathan_morin_and_dominic_guay_thursday/d4c61k7) that's the closest I could find, I'm sure they said we could disable invasion/co-op, but I can't find the quote right now.
Thanks a lot. I interpret the last line as you able to turn off selective MP features or all of them if you wish.
I don't want to be forced to shut down my internet before playing the game, I would like MP features to be disabled if I wish in the option menu.

I just don't want to be able to see my online friends nor do I want them to hack my game, nor do I want to co-op with them.

I'm a strange animal I know but gaming is all about escapism to me.

Rekalty
06-20-2016, 05:26 PM
Thanks a lot. I interpret the last line as you able to turn off selective MP features or all of them if you wish.
I don't want to be forced to shut down my internet before playing the game, I would like MP features to be disabled if I wish in the option menu.

I just don't want to be able to see my online friends nor do I want them to hack my game, nor do I want to co-op with them.

I'm a strange animal I know but gaming is all about escapism to me.
Oh, I'm of the same breed, I prefer gaming alone for the most part. Co-op is fine once in a while, but I often dislike PvP (more so in this game, because the first one had no anti-cheat at all and cheaters constantly invaded, at best I could interrupt them, but couldn't touch them.) so I also prefer to at least have the option to disable such things, which we were at least able to do in the first game, and from what I've heard and read, that is still very much an option, thankfully. I'll come back to this thread, if I manage to dig up the quote, or the devs mention it again.

BlastThyName
06-20-2016, 05:35 PM
Oh, I'm of the same breed, I prefer gaming alone for the most part. Co-op is fine once in a while, but I often dislike PvP (more so in this game, because the first one had no anti-cheat at all and cheaters constantly invaded, at best I could interrupt them, but couldn't touch them.) so I also prefer to at least have the option to disable such things, which we were at least able to do in the first game, and from what I've heard and read, that is still very much an option, thankfully. I'll come back to this thread, if I manage to dig up the quote, or the devs mention it again.
Ah yes you are right, cheaters really plagued Watch Dogs on PC but when you have a trusted client infrastructure what can you do....

Anyway this line annoys me to no end :

ot like in WD1. You can either invite a friend in your game through the in-game phone or invite another player you meet in the world directly and enjoy free roaming together.

But what if I really don't want to meet friends or other players in my single player ? Hence why I asked whether or not you could disable MP free roam and close your game off to any other players friends or otherwise.

Seems like you will be able to do that but I really wanted to ask.

Dead1y-Derri
06-20-2016, 11:51 PM
I can imagine like it was said before that you would be able to fully disable online features considering many do want a full single player experience. Personally I hope it gives options like disable co-op but still have random invasions.

Rekalty
06-21-2016, 05:27 AM
I can imagine like it was said before that you would be able to fully disable online features considering many do want a full single player experience. Personally I hope it gives options like disable co-op but still have random invasions.
And I'm the opposite, would like to disable invasions but still have co-op enabled. Who know that people would cheat in a game about hackers... :D

Dead1y-Derri
06-21-2016, 10:22 PM
And I'm the opposite, would like to disable invasions but still have co-op enabled. Who know that people would cheat in a game about hackers... :D

I am all for options that give players more choice on their experience in game :)

Rawrena
06-22-2016, 03:10 PM
Ah yes you are right, cheaters really plagued Watch Dogs on PC but when you have a trusted client infrastructure what can you do....

Anyway this line annoys me to no end :

But what if I really don't want to meet friends or other players in my single player ? Hence why I asked whether or not you could disable MP free roam and close your game off to any other players friends or otherwise.

Seems like you will be able to do that but I really wanted to ask.

Hiya - you can turn off coop mode completely if you wish. No players will appear in your single-player game if you don't want them to.

BlastThyName
06-24-2016, 10:40 PM
Hiya - you can turn off coop mode completely if you wish. No players will appear in your single-player game if you don't want them to.
Applies to free roam and co-op or are the two linked ?

Thanks a lot, to everyone.