PDA

View Full Version : Excited for the Beta (and snow visual quality)

TrialsFusioniot
06-20-2016, 08:07 AM
I signed up for beta! Really knocking on wood that I can help with the game!
I am Snowboarder and spent countless hours in the mountains. I will be the kind of player who goes cross skiing and actually hikes up the mountain for hours, the way it is meant to be. not using spawn points.

That said, the snow quality is not good so far. It looks plastic and pale. Maybe add more detail around the player and then fade it out. Like some mormal maps, specular highlights etc.. So far it looks very pale. No comparison to the characters and their snowboards on the back.

Fruitarian
06-20-2016, 11:04 AM
I signed up for beta! Really knocking on wood that I can help with the game!
I am Snowboarder and spent countless hours in the mountains. I will be the kind of player who goes cross skiing and actually hikes up the mountain for hours, the way it is meant to be. not using spawn points.

That said, the snow quality is not good so far. It looks plastic and pale. Maybe add more detail around the player and then fade it out. Like some normal maps, specular highlights etc.. So far it looks very pale. No comparison to the characters and their snowboards on the back.

Me too.. love just blissing out on the mountain!

Drop your comments over in my feedback thread if you would, I said much the same. Even about focussing quality around the player! There are specular highlights you can see in some of the good quality videos, but I think as you say, the textures / bump mapping / variety needs to take a step up.