PDA

View Full Version : A small suggestion...

GH_Klingstroem
05-13-2004, 09:03 AM
we all know about the AI beeing an issue. I personally am quite happy with it, even tho you after a while get used to them and know what they will do in a few secs...
anyway, my problem is that when I fly as leader, my AI wingmen can always spot the enemy, but they never say anything to me. I just suddenly realise that they are not in formation with me anymore... I was thinking that a better thing would be that they get better at spotting enemy AC as they get more experience. So for example a novice will basicly never see them and its up to you to find them. But of course they get better and better... That way, I would really care about getting my novice wingmen pilots better and try to make them get more kills and so on.... In this game I have never been surprised by an enemy attack which takes a bit of the exitement away. I stil wait for the mission where my whole flight gets attacked by surprise and and I see them first as tracers pass by. A better thing would be if instead of just silently breaking off as my wingmen do now, they should tell me where the enemy is and it will be up to me when to break formation and attack... What do you guys thing about this?!?! Am I totally lost now, pls let me know! I know that its too late for this game but maybe its an idea for their next game (Battle of Britain)?!?
Cheers

GH_Klingstroem
05-13-2004, 09:03 AM
we all know about the AI beeing an issue. I personally am quite happy with it, even tho you after a while get used to them and know what they will do in a few secs...
anyway, my problem is that when I fly as leader, my AI wingmen can always spot the enemy, but they never say anything to me. I just suddenly realise that they are not in formation with me anymore... I was thinking that a better thing would be that they get better at spotting enemy AC as they get more experience. So for example a novice will basicly never see them and its up to you to find them. But of course they get better and better... That way, I would really care about getting my novice wingmen pilots better and try to make them get more kills and so on.... In this game I have never been surprised by an enemy attack which takes a bit of the exitement away. I stil wait for the mission where my whole flight gets attacked by surprise and and I see them first as tracers pass by. A better thing would be if instead of just silently breaking off as my wingmen do now, they should tell me where the enemy is and it will be up to me when to break formation and attack... What do you guys thing about this?!?! Am I totally lost now, pls let me know! I know that its too late for this game but maybe its an idea for their next game (Battle of Britain)?!?
Cheers

popse
05-13-2004, 09:21 AM
Totally Agre that communication with AI is thin and could be improved to increase the tactical value of the singelplayer campaign.

Waiting for the patch.....
http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/finland/finnish-soldiers.jpg

Popse

Harh
05-13-2004, 01:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GH_Klingstroem:
...A better thing would be if instead of just silently breaking off as my wingmen do now, they should tell me where the enemy is and it will be up to me when to break formation and attack...Am I totally lost now, pls let me know! I know that its too late for this game but maybe its an idea for their next game (Battle of Britain)?!?
Cheers<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems that only things are to change with patch are some bug fixes, new planes
flyable , long awaited things like dedicated server and then, I think, developers
will fully move to the PF and BoB, abandoning Il2FB. Game had been supported for
too long. And it was partially because the addons being created for the game.
After Il2 release game was patched (read: updated and freely addoned) because
FB addon was being created. After FB AEP was in development on the same engine.
Now devteam will release patch, setting ending point to FB. Most of other addons
are going into PF and no longer to FB AEP. Sorry, it is a bit offtopic. And this all is
only my point of view and I'm not insisting on it.

Answering to your question, GH_Klingstroem, I would say that this useful feature,
which some of us was thinking sometimes is not going to be implemented in AEP.
Maybe it will be in PF, but... hmm... there is no one to report it to devteam.
Maybe you should use PF forum and get feedback there.

[This message was edited by Harh on Thu May 13 2004 at 12:34 PM.]