PDA

View Full Version : Uninhabited island; can't make way point; doesn't show on patrol screen

TamaraUK
06-18-2016, 11:30 AM
Continuous mode: An uninhabited island with resources appeared on the map, but it doesn't appear on the trade / patrol screen when I want to make a way point. How do I make a warehouse there?
Ta

dmdilks
06-19-2016, 01:22 AM
Did you take a ship to it with at lease 10 tools and 10 wood?

TamaraUK
06-19-2016, 07:06 AM
Did you take a ship to it with at lease 10 tools and 10 wood?

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I can't get the island to appear on the Patrol screen, so I can't direct a boat to go there. I started with Wolf's Haven added a warehouse and populated Frowsham, so I know how to do things once I can land on an island. This island called 'Uninhabited' doesn't come up with the other names when I click to create a new trade route. :(

dmdilks
06-19-2016, 12:52 PM
I play the Mod Iaam of the game. Can you take screen shot of it.

TamaraUK
06-19-2016, 09:55 PM
I play the Mod Iaam of the game. Can you take screen shot of it.

Hi dmdilks,
Thank you for your prompt reply and continued support. :D

Here is a labelled screenshot.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nh2ua8amw7j3d5k/Create%20new%20route_1.jpg?dl=0

I clicked on 'create new route' and 'add warehouse'

I have a ship with enough stuff to build the warehouse and then some.

Ta

dmdilks
06-19-2016, 11:19 PM
So what you are saying you can't even take a ship to that island try to build the warehouse from that ship. If that is true I have never ever had that happen of any of the Anno series games. When you made the map did you let the game make it for you? You can setup everything yourself if you do it. You can even set it where you have set to reveal the map with no clouds.

TamaraUK
06-20-2016, 08:45 AM
So what you are saying you can't even take a ship to that island try to build the warehouse from that ship. If that is true I have never ever had that happen of any of the Anno series games. When you made the map did you let the game make it for you? You can setup everything yourself if you do it. You can even set it where you have set to reveal the map with no clouds.

Yup. That's the situation. :(

I just discovered the game on GOG and am a complete newbie, so I stated on easy and let the game decide everything. I thought I would start on continuous, rather than 'wasting' the campaign mode before I learned the basics. I looked at a very good beginner video by Alphatucana and started reading different tips whenever I ran into a problem. I have the 'Prima Official Guide' and found the Wiki.

I think, for now, I want the game to progress slowly so I can learn from folks like you and what I read to come up with good strategies for world building. It is great to finally find a strategy game that does not require war, empire building or constant techno-evolution.

I saw your thread about 'What happened to the forum?' It is a huge shame - both for all of you who put so much into it and those of us who are just now discovering the game.

If you're saying you've never heard of my problem before, maybe I should start again. The continuous game page in the wiki seems to have very good tips for starting out. Would you recommend the same islands to start with and / or do you have other ideas I should think about?

Thank you for your help.

dmdilks
06-20-2016, 02:43 PM
Here is another link that might help http://anno.uk.ubi.com/pc/game2web.php

Setting up a game.
Page 1
Pick easy player or no players

Page 2
Island Size - Large
Island Difficulty - Easy
Neutral Powers - Off or Medium
Fertilities - Many