PDA

View Full Version : Game Ideas

HashBrown_Doyler
06-14-2016, 07:26 AM
Im hoping that steep has a similar system like in the Skate games when you can place a marker and go back to your marker so that you can get back to your spot quickly and this game looks so freaking amazing I can't wait to play it :D

downfail28
06-14-2016, 10:38 PM
[SIZE=4The game definitely needs to have a snowfall element to it. The snowfall needs to be random and it could be paired with an app that would notify users when there is a new snowfall. The snowfall could be random and the greater the time between snowfall the more dangerous the mountain would be and there would be more tracks on ski lines and stuff that people who backcountry ski and snowboard in real like deal with. Also, one of the best elements of Skate 3 was the hall of meat where after you crashed it would show the bones you broke in your body in red and the bones you hurt in white. That would be a cool aspect to add to the game and it would make crashing less of a drag like it ruined your game and it would create a lighter more funny perspective to crashing. Also avalanches and destruction from avalanches would be a cool element to add [/SIZE]

Ayojuan15
06-15-2016, 04:19 AM
I would like to see film and photoshoot challenges that are similar to amped 1 and 2. Allow 6 players instead of 4 for races and freestyle. A day/night cycle with dynamic weather. Unique unlocks that you can earn through progression such as certain masks, snowboards, wing suits, etc. A "follow the leader" multiplayer mode where the leader has to set a score for a specific amount of jumps and if the follower does not reach the score, he is eliminated. Allowing a custom sound track. We have not seen any rails of any sort, so a variety of them would be cool. Also, there should be plenty of multiplayer events so that the game doesn't get repetitive. So far this game looks great, and can't wait to play the beta.

jrossi11
06-15-2016, 04:59 PM
You should definitely add night and day dynamics, including the great mountain sun rise and sunsets. It would also be great if it would sometimes snow. If you could develop a way to add snowmobiles, maybe as dlc or just as an update, that would also be awesome. Just to use them to quickly move around the mountain. I by no means want it to be a primarily snowmobile game with races, but if you want to enhance the experience by trying to not quickly teleport places but make it seem more like real life, that would be a cool aspect. It could be only available by turning teleportation off, and if you turn it back on, the snowmobiles are no longer available.

xZRadiationZx
06-15-2016, 08:42 PM
This may be a little hard to explain but bare with me,
So in the E3 conference yesterday (masterclass) a visitor asked if a combination of transport type could be used at once, for example, go off the edge of a cliff on your snowboard then going straight into a paraglide or wingsuit! I thoguht this idea was epic but the devs either didnt understand the question or they said it isn't in the game but, i think ths should be added to the game if it isn't already in it!

Deadpige0n
06-16-2016, 09:46 PM
I really like what Iīm seeing so far when it comes to the mountains, snow and wingsuit/parachuting parts. What worries me a bit is the snowboard part as that is my main interest.
I just finished watching the 15 min gameplay video and my conclusion is that the snowboard part looks smooth and then very unsmooth when they jump, Also the jumps donīt have landings. I would highly suggest you have a look at Peace Park 4 with Danny Davis to get an better idea of what jumps should look like and please add half pipes, rails, corner jumps and competition elements in that area.

Peace park 4 video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otMZkKRFkrA (Please watch this)
If these things are not added I think the game will get boring within a day or two.

The world is starving for a sort of realistic vinter game and I love that you are on the ball, just make sure to add a soul to it!

Best of luck to you.

hobknocker69
06-17-2016, 10:06 AM
1. I really think they should add in the names of the tricks you perform in game. Like as well as points show like " MELON! " or "360" and things like that. And then as well as challenging friends to your lines you could do a trick challenge like do a back flip off this ramp and then a 540 of this rock etc. And then a random challenge would be like do these tricks in order and hit point score in total. And also knowing what tricks you do in free roam is just better in general because you can tel your friends etc. what you did.

2. This is not my idea all credit goes to Olli43 the youtuber but he suggested a game mode kind of like top fun in GTA5. There is a team of skiers and a team of wing suiters and the wing suiters guys have unlimited lives and the skiers only have one. The skiers have to get down the mountain to the check point and the wing suiters have to try and hit them and knock them over

Gabyiesch
06-18-2016, 03:29 PM
Will we be able to go speedriding?
For those who don't know; it is a combination of paragliding and skiing.

And are there plans for a summer variant or DLC or something to go biking?

TrialsFusioniot
06-20-2016, 07:25 PM
I just finished watching the 15 min gameplay video and my conclusion is that the snowboard part looks smooth and then very unsmooth when they jump, Also the jumps donīt have landings.

Agree, the landing do not reflect the riders mass and looks cartoonish.
In Amped 2 the rider would always act as if pushed down by its own weight when landing and the camera would shake a bit and he would become a bit unstable when the landing was bad.

Ayojuan15
06-21-2016, 04:23 AM
Adding in more types of game modes could reach a larger audience. They could add a scoring system on wipeouts to see who can do the most damage to their bodies. A game mode where you have to do a specific sequence with a set score you have to reach. Any mini-games of some sort such as collecting collectibles, I think someone here mention a triathlon type event where you have to use all three sports in a race or scoring event, there needs to be more content to have players coming back.

TrialsFusioniot
06-21-2016, 10:10 AM
triathlon type event where you have to use all three sports in a race or scoring event,

Like 6 checkpoints, includeing start and finish
(cross) Ski from 1 to 2
Paraglide from 2 to 3
Snowboard from 3 to 4
hike from 4 to 5
wingsuit from 5 to 6 and finish

hiking needs to be more advanced with slipping off and falling down when doing wrong steps

Man, am I excited!!!

Demnian
06-22-2016, 03:14 PM
You should add mountains in the summer not only winter. Just watch any wingsuit video ever. And locations with little cities between the mountains (check the ALPS and European sites for inspiration) with lodges that you can buy with some currency, where your character resides and can chill with friends into and shops where they sell snowboards that have different perk or stats and some cosmetics. A little cities where you land and you can take a car or helicopter or maybe even a bus to the jumping area, the top or chosen destination. Good example are ski lifts that take you to the top and you can watch and enjoy the graphics when you are going up. Also lifts will have zip lines that they are attached to and and gliding with ski or snowboard on those lines without breaking balance is a good challenge. There are so many sports that can be added to this game. Speedboats in the lakes, Longboard down the mountain, and much more... just watch any GoPro video and get inspired by the locations as well... For DLC you might add a new locations with new sports and content.