PDA

View Full Version : Unfinished patch or installation bug ?

kvestion
01-24-2004, 06:28 AM
Today I felt like starting a new campaign (haven't been playing FB for a little while), so I picked a german South fighter campaign. But from the first mission, it seems I'm playing some beta version or something !

Briefings are ok, but debriefings are completely messed up, sometimes you don't get killcounts, sometimes you do, half of the text comes in caps, some of it is underlined and some is not...

Is this due to the 1.22 patch ?

I mean it doesn't do much harm to the game, but I can't believe that the patch was tested and approved this way... Maybe it's just an installation bug ?

kvestion
01-24-2004, 06:28 AM
Today I felt like starting a new campaign (haven't been playing FB for a little while), so I picked a german South fighter campaign. But from the first mission, it seems I'm playing some beta version or something !

Briefings are ok, but debriefings are completely messed up, sometimes you don't get killcounts, sometimes you do, half of the text comes in caps, some of it is underlined and some is not...

Is this due to the 1.22 patch ?

I mean it doesn't do much harm to the game, but I can't believe that the patch was tested and approved this way... Maybe it's just an installation bug ?

Heavy_Weather
01-24-2004, 07:42 AM
well personally i havent flown offline with the new 1.22 patch but did you back up the original file before installing the newest patch. if so you can go back and see if it was like that before.

"The wise man is often the man who plays dumb."

kvestion
01-25-2004, 06:26 PM
Well I hadn't much to back up, this campaign is brand new. I started it after installing 1.22.

Strangely, it seems that nobody has started an offline campaign since 1.22 to let me know... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif