PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Mouse Lag

Kriosasacil
06-11-2016, 11:32 AM
I've been having weird mouse lag issues for a while that at times can make the game unplayable. It's hard to explain as it seems to fade in and out. The mouse will feel normal then suddenly start to drag behind. I've never had any issue like it with other games. It only occurs in Siege, If i was to change to CS:GO or any other game it would be perfectly fine. I'm not running the game on high settings and my fps stays around 100. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Things I've tried:

VSync: On(1 and 2 frames) and Off
Refresh Rate: 144 to 60
Task Manager: Priority High
Second Monitor: Off
Window Mode: Borderless,Windowed, Fullscreen
Caped Fps
Disabling Steam-Overlay
Nvidia Debug Mode

PC Specs

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera

RAM: 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0

Graphics: 4GB EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 SSC

Audio: Logitech G430 Headset

Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Cherry MX Brown

Mouse: FinalMouse 2015 800 dpi

DSA_Ratu
06-12-2016, 12:07 AM
I've been having weird mouse lag issues for a while that at times can make the game unplayable. It's hard to explain as it seems to fade in and out. The mouse will feel normal then suddenly start to drag behind. I've never had any issue like it with other games. It only occurs in Siege, If i was to change to CS:GO or any other game it would be perfectly fine. I'm not running the game on high settings and my fps stays around 100. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Things I've tried:

VSync: On(1 and 2 frames) and Off
Refresh Rate: 144 to 60
Task Manager: Priority High
Second Monitor: Off
Window Mode: Borderless,Windowed, Fullscreen
Caped Fps
Disabling Steam-Overlay
Nvidia Debug Mode

PC Specs

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera

RAM: 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0

Graphics: 4GB EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 SSC

Audio: Logitech G430 Headset

Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Cherry MX Brown

Mouse: FinalMouse 2015 800 dpi

Do you find you're also getting audio bugs?
Does your CPU usage spike during these lag periods? Because that's what's happening to me in addition to the input lag.

Kriosasacil
06-12-2016, 02:37 AM
I'm playing right now, no mouse issues as of right now but I've got NZXT Cam open on second monitor to watch system usage. I'd imagine if cpu spikes to 100% i'd just change the affinity of rainbowsix.exe

Kriosasacil
06-13-2016, 06:32 AM
Do you find you're also getting audio bugs?
Does your CPU usage spike during these lag periods? Because that's what's happening to me in addition to the input lag.

I'm not hearing any audio bugs, but when it occurs I do notice a spike in CPU Usage. My overall cpu load was hitting 99% and going up and down. I tried changing the affinity of the rainbowsix.exe process to reduce load but it didn't solve anything regarding mouse issues. Considering my computer specs, I feel my CPU (FX-8350) is adequate so I don't think the computer itself is the issue.

Kriosasacil
06-16-2016, 11:46 AM
I believe I have found a correlation with frame rate and CPU Usage. I guess I didn't experiment with capped frame rates enough. If I cap my fps to 30 my cpu usage stays around 50% whereas if I have it capped at 144, I have occasional stuttering. Current solution I have is to cap the fps to 100 which sucks considering my computer is capable of displaying more than 144 to my 144hz monitor. I have a feeling it has something to do with the physics and destruction as that would be a CPU intensive task.

Cruzi-
09-12-2016, 04:37 AM
I've been dealing with this issue ever since beta, Only way I've been able to reduce it is by capping my fps to 60 (60 hz), tho my PC can run it higher than 90 fps, tho it feels like 60 fps is smoother compared to 80~110 fps considering the very very micro fps spikes, i used MSI afterburner to cap my fps, i tried V sync, but the input lag was too much, same with pre-buffered frames option on the Nvidia control panel, and the mouse's polling rate seems to help a bit as well, graphic options dont seem to matter much except for MAA options being at temporal filtering making the game more blurrier, makes scopes bug out a little, but higher fps compared to just off where it gets sharper, i'm sure it's the game's fault despite my CPU maxing out at 100% when the mouse lag happens, mainly because i don't have that issue in other games, especially GTA/Division/H1Z1 etc where CPU seems to matter a lot, Just Siege. really really hope it gets fixed soon, but doubt it'll happen. Could be the cause of audio drivers maybe, but i tried a lot in that area but no luck, even played the game with no sound enabled, completely disabling Realtek and everything related to it, but still happened sadly. hope someone finds a fix or it gets fixed soon

Bad engrish i know, sorry

Running a Phenom II x4 965BE @ 3.8, GTX 960, 16 GB.

PaddyWa
09-12-2016, 12:28 PM
I'm playing right now, no mouse issues as of right now but I've got NZXT Cam open on second monitor to watch system usage. I'd imagine if cpu spikes to 100% i'd just change the affinity of rainbowsix.exe

How do you change the affinity? Just wondering as I have this stuttering issue too. The only way I can stop it is to turn V-sync 1 frame on.