Setting: San Francisco Bay Area

Returning plot points include
1. Dedsec Hacker Collective
2. Blume Corporation/ ctOS

What is new in Gameplay?

1. Ability to hack cars/any person. Hack an entire group
2. A DIY new melee weapon using a billiard ball and Lanyard
3. A RC car and drone for more stealth/mobile hacking
4. Improved driving mechanics (This is relative I guess)
5. No more typical Ubi game , tower unlock required.
6. Each region to have side stories and quests
7. More non-lethal weapon options
8. Improved NPC AI (Remains to be seen)

Silicon Valley Compnaies

1. Google is renamed nudle(Noodles :P)
2. Tidis kinda looks like Oracle
3. Invite represents either Facebook or Twitter

Famous Landmarks seen so far

1. Golden Gate
2. Bay Bridge
3. Coit tower
4. Pier 39
5. Google/Nudle(having been there, it really looks close)
6. Lombard drive

Trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh9x4NqW0Dw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzlbaMboCiM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ipUwUcHASI

The game is looking good so far

What do you guys like most and are excited about?

DevP240SX
06-10-2016, 12:04 AM
I like how they added other parts of the Bay Area instead of just having San Francsico, but I'm concerned about how they're going to fit the different aesthetics and feel of the East Bay into just Oakland (judging from the maps in the Special Editions)

RVSage
06-10-2016, 05:03 AM
I like how they added other parts of the Bay Area instead of just having San Francsico, but I'm concerned about how they're going to fit the different aesthetics and feel of the East Bay into just Oakland (judging from the maps in the Special Editions)

As a resident of bay area , I totally understand how different it is, eagerly looking forward to the variation, in each. Wondering if they will go as south as San Jose.

I am looking forward to the E3 demo and I really hope they avoid the graphic downgrade this time. It is really crucial and also I hope for a polished product across platforms

koster447
06-10-2016, 07:10 AM
i would like to see a private beta code hit my email so i can check it out and give feedback for a month or 2...

Ubi-Elyon
06-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Very good recap thread RVSage, thanks for this!
I will stick it on the top ^^

RVSage
06-10-2016, 06:37 PM
Very good recap thread RVSage, thanks for this!
I will stick it on the top ^^

Sweet, thanks :)

RVSage
06-13-2016, 10:39 PM
That gameplay, awesome as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=243NzPs0vG4

Danpen_231
06-16-2016, 08:15 PM
That this game look a lot more, fun then the old one :D Keep up the good work ubisoft!

Dead1y-Derri
06-19-2016, 08:07 PM
Can anyone understand what point number 5 means: 5. No more typical Ubi game , tower unlock required.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Rekalty
06-19-2016, 08:13 PM
Can anyone understand what point number 5 means: 5. No more typical Ubi game , tower unlock required.

Devs stated that they aren't going to be "Radio Towers" that needs to be unlocked to get access to, or view missions in areas, the full map is unlocked and open to begin with. It's been a trope for a while now, that every Ubisoft game had some kind of mechanic about unlocking a tower of sorts, to view an area of the map, be it Sync points in Assassin's Creed or bonfires in Far Cry. Heck, The Crew had actual radio towers you had to drive close to...

So yeah, it's not like Ubisoft to not have this, thus the remark that it's unlike them :P I guess the OP could have phrased it better, it's rather vague and oddly written.

Dead1y-Derri
06-19-2016, 08:25 PM
Devs stated that they aren't going to be "Radio Towers" that needs to be unlocked to get access to, or view missions in areas, the full map is unlocked and open to begin with. It's been a trope for a while now, that every Ubisoft game had some kind of mechanic about unlocking a tower of sorts, to view an area of the map, be it Sync points in Assassin's Creed or bonfires in Far Cry. Heck, The Crew had actual radio towers you had to drive close to...

So yeah, it's not like Ubisoft to not have this, thus the remark that it's unlike them :P I guess the OP could have phrased it better, it's rather vague and oddly written.

Ah I see, yeah I remember all of those. I mean we had Radio Towers in Far Cry, Bell Towers, and even bonfires etc all within Far Cry and Sync points in AC. So yeah I get what you mean now :)

FitsHisFace
06-20-2016, 10:27 PM
Ah I see, yeah I remember all of those. I mean we had Radio Towers in Far Cry, Bell Towers, and even bonfires etc all within Far Cry and Sync points in AC. So yeah I get what you mean now :)

Far Cry's Towers were mostly just walk in (land on top) but I found WD1 to be more of a challenge as you had to find a way-in to most of the towers and some of these were good little challenges that mixed up gameplay.

Really just looking forward to WD2 as its my favourite game of Xbox One so far. Only DLC that was actually worth buying too.

Dead1y-Derri
06-20-2016, 11:47 PM
Far Cry's Towers were mostly just walk in (land on top) but I found WD1 to be more of a challenge as you had to find a way-in to most of the towers and some of these were good little challenges that mixed up gameplay.

Really just looking forward to WD2 as its my favourite game of Xbox One so far. Only DLC that was actually worth buying too.

Yeah the CTOS towers did have me wondering how to get into them and then you'd spend a good few minutes looking at the situation and it turns out it was the most obvious thing in the world.

RVSage
06-21-2016, 07:50 PM

I guess Rekalty, summed up my point pretty well :) And yes I phrased it a bit vaguely

Tower unlock, or map synch, was/is a very common mechanic across many Ubi games, by moving away from it, Watch_dogs became more unique,
And by improving focus on hacking, it differentiates itself more from GTA.

Dead1y-Derri
06-21-2016, 10:15 PM
I guess Rekalty, summed up my point pretty well :) And yes I phrased it a bit vaguely

Tower unlock, or map synch, was/is a very common mechanic across many Ubi games, by moving away from it, Watch_dogs became more unique,
And by improving focus on hacking, it differentiates itself more from GTA.

I agree completely :) I was getting really tired of this mechanic. I mean when it got to the stage we had to light bonfires in Far Cry Primal I am now glad to read that a different way of doing things is going to be implemented.

Gore_King
06-25-2016, 01:53 AM
Hello

some game missions can be master hack missions, with special requirement, skills, features or something like that. Is that possible to be? :cool:

regards

Rekalty
06-25-2016, 10:57 AM
Hello

some game missions can be master hack missions, with special requirement, skills, features or something like that. Is that possible to be? :cool:

regards
Didn't you post this exact same post somewhere else?... But I digress. Reading what you wrote, I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're actually asking, could you try clarifying?

Gore_King
06-26-2016, 06:11 PM
Didn't you post this exact same post somewhere else?... But I digress. Reading what you wrote, I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're actually asking, could you try clarifying?

yes some told me i am in the wrong thread, so i changed. In the game will be hacking missions be right? I want to know there are "master hack missions" i mean missions
with advanced, special or master hack skills with diffcults or something else. The game should not be to easy ;-)

Rekalty
06-26-2016, 11:06 PM
yes some told me i am in the wrong thread, so i changed. In the game will be hacking missions be right? I want to know there are "master hack missions" i mean missions
with advanced, special or master hack skills with diffcults or something else. The game should not be to easy ;-)
You're English is rather... broken, but I'm guessing you're asking if there will be hacking missions in Watch_Dogs 2? Well, of course there will be... I doubt (or at least hope not) that we'll be seeing missions that has us using interesting and unique hacking abilities just one time, granted, Ubisoft has done that before, but I really hope they've stopped with that nonsense, letting us try some very interesting gameplay, only to never use it ever again in the rest of the game.

Still, we're quite far from release, I'm sure they have more to show us (and to prove to us) before release.

Ubi-Elyon
06-27-2016, 10:19 AM
Hey guys,

I unstick this thread as you can find the last updates on the game in the Reddit Q&A discussion (http://bit.ly/RedditQAWD2).

Gore_King
06-27-2016, 08:13 PM
You're English is rather... broken, but I'm guessing you're asking if there will be hacking missions in Watch_Dogs 2? Well, of course there will be... I doubt (or at least hope not) that we'll be seeing missions that has us using interesting and unique hacking abilities just one time, granted, Ubisoft has done that before, but I really hope they've stopped with that nonsense, letting us try some very interesting gameplay, only to never use it ever again in the rest of the game.

Still, we're quite far from release, I'm sure they have more to show us (and to prove to us) before release.

I think it would be cool if that like in Batman Arkham Asylum, City and Knight be. Parts, with the Distance Hacking device,or something else. You know what i mean?