PDA

View Full Version : Watch Dogs 2 will be on Wii U ?

momilloux
06-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Hello, I would like to know if WD2 will be on Wii U. If it will not be do for Wii U, why it will don't ? (I'm sorry if my English is not correct, it's because I'm french)

Rekalty
06-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Don't get your hopes up. It was not mentioned in the trailers, nor is it listed as being released on that platform. Spec-wise, it's far far behind current-gen, I doubt they would massively downgrade the game, just to make it able to run on Wii U.

mfraley65
06-08-2016, 09:44 PM
I do not see why it would really. Same with the 360 and PS3. This game needs to be made with the One/PS4 in mind minimum and much better on PC. The WiiU really does not have the power and would have to be scaled back pretty far due to the extra features in this game.

And the install base is not the large given the % that would buy this game on there.

I did purchase Watch Dogs on WiiU to support the system. I would actually like to see this new one launch on the new Nintendo console as well. I am going One/PC on this and would buy the game on that system as well. IF that system is viable for a game like this. Hard to tell without any more information unless I missed something recently.

Rekalty
06-08-2016, 09:56 PM
I do not see why it would really. Same with the 360 and PS3. This game needs to be made with the One/PS4 in mind minimum and much better on PC. The WiiU really does not have the power and would have to be scaled back pretty far due to the extra features in this game.

And the install base is not the large given the % that would buy this game on there.

I did purchase Watch Dogs on WiiU to support the system. I would actually like to see this new one launch on the new Nintendo console as well. I am going One/PC on this and would buy the game on that system as well. IF that system is viable for a game like this. Hard to tell without any more information unless I missed something recently.
No PC Spec reqs have been posted yet, in fact, no info about the graphics were even mentioned in the reveal, but it was listed as aPS4/XBOXONE/PC title in the trailer as well as on the store (they sure are busy to get those pre-orders rolling, aren't they...) so that might be a hint of its reqs, nothing last gens could even hope to run.

Moultonborough
06-09-2016, 02:38 AM
They said Watch Dogs would be the last Ubisoft title on WII U. So far they have held to that so I don't expect to see Watch Dogs 2 on WII U at all.

InsaneDriver06
06-09-2016, 03:04 AM
Hello, I would like to know if WD2 will be on Wii U. If it will not be do for Wii U, why it will don't ? (I'm sorry if my English is not correct, it's because I'm french)

I would expect it would be on more powerful console like the rumored Nintendo NX, possibly for March 2017. More news at E3 2016 this month. But not a Wii U.

mfraley65
06-09-2016, 05:49 AM
"No PC Spec reqs have been posted yet, in fact, no info about the graphics were even mentioned in the reveal"

I am not so worried about graphics. I just hope we start to see better worlds that are more alive. Like what they hinted at in the reveal. AI is a big area I think needs improvement and has for quite a while. I have noticed minor improvements to AI in a few games but it seems that it is just moving more slowly with the big push for graphics all the time. And sure, I love great graphics. But I will sacrifice them any day for improved AI. And physics as well although physics has been handled much better and improved upon faster and is in a better state currently.

On a side note I really wish PC had the discounts that I can get on One/PS4. I really want the PC version but just will not pay a premium of $20 over the console versions. Especially since it seems they are all digital now. I am not against digital I just prefer physical on some things. I would love to buy an edition with a steelbook to add to my others. Seems like on this one I am only seeing PC digital.

BetaVHS
06-15-2016, 08:28 PM
i'm so disappointed...I know that Wii U doesn't have enough power, but the present console generation are so expensive...I don't have the money to buy a new console or to upgrade my computer. Still, I'm not a gamer, but I love WD...please Ubisoft !!!! (sorry for my english, but I'm french)

Rekalty
06-15-2016, 08:38 PM
i'm so disappointed...I know that Wii U doesn't have enough power, but the present console generation are so expensive...I don't have the money to buy a new console or to upgrade my computer. Still, I'm not a gamer, but I love WD...please Ubisoft !!!! (sorry for my english, but I'm french)
Sorry, it's just not gonna happen. Not unless they downgrade the game again :P

SofaJockey
06-15-2016, 08:41 PM
I agree with @Rekalty.
It won't happen, nor should it as it will compromise the game.
I realise that's not the platform the OP has, which is a shame.

Ubi-Ligario
06-17-2016, 09:57 AM
Hi momilloux and welcome to this forum!

We can confirm that the game will be available on November 15 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. These are basically the platforms where you will be able to play Watch Dogs 2 ;)

Izaac0923
11-30-2016, 07:13 AM
I agree with @Rekalty.
It won't happen, nor should it as it will compromise the game.
I realise that's not the platform the OP has, which is a shame.

please put it on wii u its the only gamesystem i can afford with wd please put wd2 n it please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Izaac0923
11-30-2016, 07:18 AM
Sorry, it's just not gonna happen. Not unless they downgrade the game again :P

Please bisoft puton wii u please pretty please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

napacehbik
11-30-2016, 01:59 PM
Please bisoft puton wii u please pretty please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(
Dude. WiiU never was too succesfull, now it's almost dead. WD had the lowest sales on WiiU: http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=watch+dogs Hardware wise it's a pastgen console like X360 and PS3 so they would have to rework half of the game. It probably was worth doing 2,5 years ago with WD1 but not so much now. In short, sorry, not gonna happen.

HiTork
12-05-2016, 08:30 AM
I don't think it's impossible to make a watered down port for the Wii U (after all, they some how managed to make the original CoD: Modern Warfare work on the first Wii), but it isn't worth it financially for Ubisoft to do it because of how poorly it has done in the market. The Wii U initially had some third-party support during the first or second year of its existence, but lack of sales has basically scared every developer off except for Nintendo themselves. Go to the Wii U section for games at your local store and chances are for games from the past couple of years are either almost all going to be Mario or Zelda related.

OP, I'm going to assume you are young based on the rather desperate pleas you have made to Ubi to make a Wii U port, but chances are it isn't going to happen based on the reasons we have all listed so far in this thread.