PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou, rogues.

Clannicus
06-08-2016, 10:34 AM
First off, let me state that I'm a casual, older gamer, not sme L33T uber ninja and, this is not about bragging or ego stroking, as you'll see. I've been ganked countless times in the past, to the point where I was just running away when I saw the rogues symbols, to deny those d**ks the satisfaction of another cheap kill, where they usually outnumber their victims. My gear is not brilliant (170K DPS, 445 toughness, 16K skill, 75% armour) and, I HATE the trolls, griefers and gankers in the Dark zone.

BUT, last night, I grouped up with 2 randoms in the DZ, in my quest to try and improve my stats'. As usual, there were loads of total knobbers, trolling and, generally spoliing other people's fun. We were extracting in DZ1 (a mistake, I know), when 2 players appeared and, started doing the usual bouncing around us, doing star jumps by the rope, etc. With a few seconds to go, we attached our loot (one at a time) and, hey presto! Sticky bombs came in from these 2 guys. To my surprise, I didn't even lose a bar of health. It must have surprised the 2 idiots as well, because, they popped survivor link and tried to run away, giving me time to prep and throw a shock grenade and switch to incendiariy rounds. I shot them both as they tried ro run away. This was as big a surprise for me as it doubtless was for them!

What I want to say from all of this, is THANKYOU to those 2 idiots, because, not only did you show me that not all rogues are super geared, professional griefers and, that I can try to take them on sometimes but my biggest "thankyou" to them, is that I finally got the last achievement (that I thought I'd never get!) and, got 100% completion on the game! The DZ credits and keys were also very nice lads, so, thanks again.

Redrum9K
06-09-2016, 10:08 AM
DZ: Freakshow, free entrance.

Hehehe GJ. Personally I stopped caring. If ppl get off on backstabbing other players and stealing candy, I show the other cheek. Lately I got this friend request. So when I accepted and later joined him/her in a dz session he immediately leaves our group and goes rogue on me, cucooo. I did have some fun when a group of four rogues was trying to enter an entrance I spawned into when I was killed by them. I kept engaging them so they had to shoot me and their rogue timer kept refilling. They started begging me to stop ROFL

grahamtheplumbe
06-13-2016, 09:07 PM
ive had enough of the Dark Zone , or as it should be known Rogue tossers zone. cant go in even at the lower level because of groups with sticky bombs and the rope cutting ********.
had a great load of gear to extract for once an of course they were out In force killing and stealing. whoever came up with that idea must be a total sadist.
its just not enjoyable anymore.repetitive missions or rogue hell, not much choice.

Clannicus
06-13-2016, 10:02 PM
I tend to agree but, I was originally pointing out that you can and, do, run into wannabe griefers who are a bit ambitious and, over estimate their "power" sometimes. Since my original post, I've killed a fair few rogues, who had no idea what to do after their sticky bomb and/or zapper turret didn't drop me in one second flat. Always the same result, they panic, pop survivor link and then, try to leg it.

Don't get me wrong, many of the griefers DO have seriously powerful builds but, there are just as many, if not more, who are nowhere as strong as you may think, once they've exhausted their cheap tricks arsenal. I still hate them though.

Lnk003
07-23-2016, 11:11 AM
The worst part is when people goes rogue, everything is fine as long as they kill players but the second you kill them, they're pissed off, start insult you and goes rogues on you over and over.
I think the dz will be a terrible experience as long as they mix players that just want to farm and lvl up with players that wants to do pvp.

BangOnMarathon
07-29-2016, 02:38 AM
First off, let me state that I'm a casual, older gamer, not sme L33T uber ninja and, this is not about bragging or ego stroking, as you'll see. I've been ganked countless times in the past, to the point where I was just running away when I saw the rogues symbols, to deny those d**ks the satisfaction of another cheap kill, where they usually outnumber their victims. My gear is not brilliant (170K DPS, 445 toughness, 16K skill, 75% armour) and, I HATE the trolls, griefers and gankers in the Dark zone.

BUT, last night, I grouped up with 2 randoms in the DZ, in my quest to try and improve my stats'. As usual, there were loads of total knobbers, trolling and, generally spoliing other people's fun. We were extracting in DZ1 (a mistake, I know), when 2 players appeared and, started doing the usual bouncing around us, doing star jumps by the rope, etc. With a few seconds to go, we attached our loot (one at a time) and, hey presto! Sticky bombs came in from these 2 guys. To my surprise, I didn't even lose a bar of health. It must have surprised the 2 idiots as well, because, they popped survivor link and tried to run away, giving me time to prep and throw a shock grenade and switch to incendiariy rounds. I shot them both as they tried ro run away. This was as big a surprise for me as it doubtless was for them!

What I want to say from all of this, is THANKYOU to those 2 idiots, because, not only did you show me that not all rogues are super geared, professional griefers and, that I can try to take them on sometimes but my biggest "thankyou" to them, is that I finally got the last achievement (that I thought I'd never get!) and, got 100% completion on the game! The DZ credits and keys were also very nice lads, so, thanks again.

Great story, I have gotten 21 of them but they have gotten me way more, thing I hate most is when they go off rogue and come back, your left going rogue yourself or getting jumped first again. Not a great system.

Iagolan
12-28-2016, 08:11 PM
As usual, there were loads of total knobbers, trolling and, generally spoliing other people's fun.

This post isn't necessarily directed at you, Clannicus. You have found the fun part, and I'm glad you are turning the tables on the rogues and having fun out there :cool:

But the quote above is an attitude that I never really understood in multiplayer games that have PVP... Isn't the part where you shoot people the fun part? How can they be spoiling it?
Even the true griefers, massively higher level than the people that the terrorize... I have found the most effective way to make them go away is to just not fight back at all. Stand in the open, don't bother even pointing the gun. They are going to win anyway, and what they want is for you to try. So... don't. They are treating you like the AI mobs, so don't act like one and they will lose interest in you. It takes less time, and they don't get what they want, so you are kind of griefing them back.
"Oh no but I lost my gear and wasted my time and" blah blah blah... IT'S A GAME. It is ALL a waste of time.

j-ten4s
03-02-2017, 06:57 PM
So your point, lagolan, is a fair one, and well made.

however, I tend to agree with Clannicus, in that there are chumps and tits out there whose whole ambition is to spoil other's fun. You can recognize them as the groups of 4 who are lurking by the checkpoints, waiting for solos to enter and ambushing them. There is zero reason for this, other than to just be a d**k. Coming in, you have no loot, so all they can gain is a few credits (pre-1.6). The fact that they gather over your fallen carcass and clap and do jumping jacks is proof enough of their intent. They are immature a###oles who I would love to catch in a mall parking lot.

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-09-2017, 10:24 AM
I run a dead eye Bolt action and SVD when i hit a rogue with my bolt action they go o **** he strong and most of them run away from me

PaddyASCUK
11-08-2018, 08:15 PM
Not been playing long, picked up the game free on Gold. Now at DZ level 67. Picked up The House early on - I now have two.
Early on, the Rogues were a pain. Now not so much. Get in to a group during a man hunt and it is quite fun. As long as you get enough hits in, you get a share of the bounty. Once got a good headshot in from 100m an dropped one like a sack of potatoes :)
I have taken to carrying crap in my DZ loot, so the public item drop when I die isn't worth the effort.
If it makes them feel big and clever ganging up on people on a game server, more fool them.

SSOLDMAN2004
03-04-2019, 04:33 PM
You have to remember all the gear regarding if it level one or eight is optimize all the same. I have no problem already making 20 manhunts. When the real game drop your gear will count just like in division one. And yes you will be falling down a lot