PDA

View Full Version : Connection Failure. Connection to game server is lost. [2-0x0000B0005]

PS-RhaineTV
06-01-2016, 01:29 PM
I keep getting the Connection Failure error, while playing ranked, and most of the times I can't even reconnect to the match I was playing in. It then just matches me with new people and tries to start a new game instead of letting me go back into the one I was in.

Sometimes I try to Alt + F4, to see if I can rejoin my last match, sometimes that's the case. If that's the case then 90% of the time it freezes on Joining game session. 10% of the time I do reconnect to the game, but then get another within a couple of minutes.

This way I can't finish any Ranked games and I keep getting ranked penalties and already dropped into Copper.

I tried to see if it was an error on my end, by checking log files in my router, switching my whole network into a straight cable to my PC from the router without anything between it; still got the same problem. I now play with a cmd open pinging to google all the time + task manager prestation tab with ethernet open, all to see if I get a network issue but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Can someone help me debug this problem or give an estimate when this is going to be fixed? Else I just cannot play this game..

PS1: I've got different screenshots with the game + error + cmd + task manager windows open to show it's not a network problem.
PS2: The full error shows this:

Connection Failure
Connection to game server is lost.
Rainbow Six Siege error code: [2-0x0000B005]

Please help.

PS3: My NAT is open. My router is configured to DMZ my PC. Still I forwarded ports just to be sure/safe.
PS4: On my PC I got no Windows Firewall enabled. I got no other Firewall or Anti-Virus program installed/enabled. Still added exceptions in the firewall to be sure/safe.

PS5: I already did everything covered in the support url for connectivity issues in rainbow 6 siege (https://support.ubi.com/nl-NL/Faqs/000023138/Connectivity-issues-in-Rainbow-6-Siege?fallback=en_GB). So no background applications running, a clean host file.

JohnO_
06-02-2016, 08:04 AM
Same issue here.

Since the latest patch on the 31st. Prior to that I was getting 20B errors.

Now this.

Prior to Dustline, game was fine.

diago1337
06-03-2016, 01:53 AM
I'm getting this error aswell. Casual and ranked. Got the game like 3 days ago, for the first two days everything was fine, on the third one (the day I started playing my first ranked games) this error started to happen. At night. Rebooting my router helped for a single game, on the second I've been dropped again. It happens randomly, sometimes at the very begining, sometimes later during the match. This is a huge pain in the ***, since I can't complete a match and still getting penalized for leaving. First game since years by Ubi that I bought, thought something's changed, but as I see you still don't give a f**k about proper servers. Guess I'll just have to go back to CS:GO.

Nice try with going for e-sports. These 60 tickrate servers + these connection issues will surely make your dream come true.