PDA

View Full Version : Graphics and FPS expectations?

HighlandDragon
05-28-2016, 07:06 PM
Greetings all,

So I decided to install this one again after some time away and was really looking forward to it because of a graphics update on my part. I went from two HD5770's in CF to a R9 380 4GD5T OC. I was looking forward to the updated looks.

I have an Intel i7 920, 12 GB RAM and this new card running Windows 10 x64. I sent the game (Steam version, fully updated) to MAX settings and a res of 1920x1200, my monitor's native resolution. All drivers are up2date.

I get 60 fps if I'm in close and not around the water. This drops to mid 20's if I move around the map, especially if I move over water (which is hard to avoid given the game world :| )

So I guess I'm asking, for a game which is now approx 5 years old, why am I not getting seamless graphics across the board?

I still enjoy the game and can turn down the graphic setting but I was really hoping that I didn't have to do that and that I could start enjoying some of my older games with all the bells and whistles turned on.

Can anyone, Ubisoft included, shed some light on this? Many thanks all.

Cheers,
HD

sheik_92
07-01-2016, 08:49 AM
lower the post effect graphics settings; even my gtx 970 cant sustain solid 60 fps with everything maxed out @1080p when im all zoomed out looking to a big city