PDA

View Full Version : PC Far Cry 1 won't install on Windows 7 64 bit?

GrinningOlive
05-27-2016, 12:44 AM
I have tried everything. I can't install the game because it requires the AMD64 patch and I can't install that because it requires the game to be installed. Any help and feedback will be apreciated. Thank You.

BLaZiNgSPEED
06-02-2016, 01:37 AM
Far Cry 1 works perfectly on Windows 7-64bit!

I have the Retail DVD version. I played it on both 32-bit and when I upgraded my OS to 64-bit 2 years ago. It does not require the AMD64 patch to install. You have to be able to install it normally. And after that you patch the game with the AMD64 patch.

If it's not reading your disk then check that your CD/DVD is being recognized by your CD/DVD drive. If you have it on Steam then Steam will have updated it for you automatically. Try going from Setup.exe instead of the Autorun.exe. Make sure you right click and run as an administrator when trying to install the game. I guess it's to do with lack of admin rights which is why it's not letting you install it.

Try to disable UAC and see if it will let you install the game. Try reinserting your CD/DVD to see if the drive is fully reading it.

R0wdy1978
09-13-2016, 04:45 PM
If worse comes to worse, you can pick up far cry 1 from GOG. It's DRM free and doesn't even require a disc. GOG is safe, in fact it's probably safer than anything associated with DRM. I have over 50 games from GOG, including FC1 and FC2. The GOG community is pretty awesome, They have an 'optional' client called Galaxy, but you don't have to use it.

Edi: I run FC1 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.