PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Manager FB (v4.0) and IL-2 Mat Manager (v1.1)

CrazyDyck
06-26-2004, 12:51 AM
lt's been a little while since I played FB after discovering movies made using LOMAC. Like a dog after bone, figured I'd get into some jet sim time (my last one was Jane's F-15 - which I couldn't play anymore once I got rid of my 3DFX card and bought ATI's Rage Fury Maxx lo those many years ago), so now having seen a video using AEP, I got back into FB and did some searching to see what utilities and enhancements were out there.

I have gotten the IL-2 Mat manager couple months ago and was using it to enhance the graphics/decals on the aircraft, which was great. Now I discovered the IL-2 Manager, installed, found to have a different orientated interface and thus my question - Do I need to have both these programs running, does one duplicate what the other can do and therefore I can get rid of one, is there any real benefit to having the "manager" over the "mat" program?

It'd be great if someone can clue me in, I'd appreciate it.

Crazydick http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif

CrazyDyck
06-26-2004, 12:51 AM
lt's been a little while since I played FB after discovering movies made using LOMAC. Like a dog after bone, figured I'd get into some jet sim time (my last one was Jane's F-15 - which I couldn't play anymore once I got rid of my 3DFX card and bought ATI's Rage Fury Maxx lo those many years ago), so now having seen a video using AEP, I got back into FB and did some searching to see what utilities and enhancements were out there.

I have gotten the IL-2 Mat manager couple months ago and was using it to enhance the graphics/decals on the aircraft, which was great. Now I discovered the IL-2 Manager, installed, found to have a different orientated interface and thus my question - Do I need to have both these programs running, does one duplicate what the other can do and therefore I can get rid of one, is there any real benefit to having the "manager" over the "mat" program?

It'd be great if someone can clue me in, I'd appreciate it.

Crazydick http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif

zjulik
06-26-2004, 02:20 AM
The two are completely different!
Basically, IL2 Manager gives you a graphical interface to the main conf.ini file of your game. You can enable/disable display of messages, adjust graphical settings, browse your skins folder and delete if you want, access statistics and so on. Also, you can run many game related programs from one interface: Start IL2, start Hyperlobby, Photoshop etc.
MatManager is an advanced program to create all kinds of marking types on your planes. A kind of Photoshop for country markings, connected to a wide knowledge base of how markings could differ depending on rank and squadron.

Note that MatManager has reached 1.6 or something. Get the latest one to be sure the newest game patches are supported. Note also that markings made in MatManager will not be seen by other online players.

<hr>
If you wait until the last minute to do something, it will only take a minute to do it!