PDA

View Full Version : Stalker news

tejo.hr
04-22-2004, 12:26 PM
1_____________________
On the official German THQ (publisher for stalker) website I found the latest minimum system requirements for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

-Windows 98/ME/XP/2000 computer with DirectX 8.1
-CPU: 1.5 GHz
-512 MB RAM
-GeForce 3 64 MB or ATI Radeon 8500 64 MB graphics card or better as the case may be DirectX 8 compatible graphics card with Pixel-Shader-Technology
-At least DirectX 8.1 (DirectX 9.1 will be available on the data carrier)
-DirectX 8.1 compatible Soundkarte
-Multiplayer: 56 kb-Modem or Broadband

And very interesting thing:
"During start, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. automatically recognizes if the graphics card supports DirectX 8 or 9 and then (as the only game with this feature at the moment) either uses the DirectX 8 renderer or the DirectX 9 renderer. Comparable titles use just one DirectX 8 engine which then also contains DirectX 9 features."

We will see if they will change req.

2______________________
On the presentation of new Geforce 6800 (in case you dont know it is the best video card in this moment. It have 256MB ddr3 and PS 3.0) stalker was presented too. So it will probably support that technology.

http://home.comcast.net/~fisherobsession/Tejo.jpg

tejo.hr
04-22-2004, 12:26 PM
1_____________________
On the official German THQ (publisher for stalker) website I found the latest minimum system requirements for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

-Windows 98/ME/XP/2000 computer with DirectX 8.1
-CPU: 1.5 GHz
-512 MB RAM
-GeForce 3 64 MB or ATI Radeon 8500 64 MB graphics card or better as the case may be DirectX 8 compatible graphics card with Pixel-Shader-Technology
-At least DirectX 8.1 (DirectX 9.1 will be available on the data carrier)
-DirectX 8.1 compatible Soundkarte
-Multiplayer: 56 kb-Modem or Broadband

And very interesting thing:
"During start, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. automatically recognizes if the graphics card supports DirectX 8 or 9 and then (as the only game with this feature at the moment) either uses the DirectX 8 renderer or the DirectX 9 renderer. Comparable titles use just one DirectX 8 engine which then also contains DirectX 9 features."

We will see if they will change req.

2______________________
On the presentation of new Geforce 6800 (in case you dont know it is the best video card in this moment. It have 256MB ddr3 and PS 3.0) stalker was presented too. So it will probably support that technology.

http://home.comcast.net/~fisherobsession/Tejo.jpg