PDA

View Full Version : Trial by Fire: new release date

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-19-2016, 05:30 PM
Dear Heroes,

A few weeks ago we had the pleasure to announce the upcoming release of Might & Magic Heroes VII: Trial by Fire.

We’d like to thank you all for your support and for the exciting feedback you’ve shared about both the Fortress line-up and the content included in the upcoming patch. We are really looking forward to unveiling some hidden chapters of the Dwarves’ history and for you to lead this fierce faction to a glorious destiny!

Trial by Fire will be a great addition to the series. In order to provide you with the best experience, we‘ve made the decision to postpone the release until August 4th. We know you have been eagerly awaiting for this add-on and we are sorry about this delay. Please be assured that we’ll have more to share soon.

Thank you for your support,
The M&M Team.

IMMORTAL_999
05-19-2016, 05:39 PM
Hi Ubi-MoshiMoshi!
I am always with you and I understand you!
Perhaps it's all for the better.

Doing something late is better than not doing it.

Kind Regards!
Your the best of the best - The Immortal :cool:

http://saveimg.ru/pictures/19-05-16/dffa7079f8e8fdad16b792a45609b11c.jpg (http://saveimg.ru)

RobvD84
05-19-2016, 05:41 PM
I really hope this will bring this series onto the right tracks again. Atleast it's good to see that you guys are working hard.

Dark-Whisperer
05-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Good news. Just please keep streams and information flowing. This game desperately needs some visibility and hype building.

Antalyan
05-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Wise decision (and quite expected thanks to lack of news in several past days), fortunatelly the release will be smooth, fixing most of the bugs and many other things.

Maybe you could bring us even more stuff, finally fix AI and update Shadow Council website? :cool:

DenisTheGreat
05-19-2016, 05:49 PM
I agree that it is a wise decision.

I am interested to know if there would be any patches for the vanilla game before August 04?

Antalyan
05-19-2016, 05:56 PM
I agree that it is a wise decision.

I am interested to know if there would be any patches for the vanilla game before August 04?

It would be nice to know it. We have been waiting for a big update for many months...

Marblethrone
05-19-2016, 06:14 PM
Delaying things has been Ubisoft/Dev policy for H7, so this is no surprise. Still, it is good news for it means you can invest more time into getting everything in working order. Hopefully the release will have everything that the vanilla game should have had when it was released last year. H7 was rushed and the scars will be hard to erase.

Now, give us a release worthy of the franchise! :)

ChiefOfHonour
05-19-2016, 06:59 PM
Well, that was not very surprising, was it? A release in the beginning of June would have been a surprise. So, use the time well and give (or sell) us a solid expansion in August.
So, summer is coming, and I am sure a lot of us would do good not sitting glued to the screen with a new release. So, at least for those of us who live north of the equator: Let's hope for a great summer, and a great new game release for the autumn.

IMMORTAL_999
05-19-2016, 07:05 PM
... Let's hope for a great summer, and a great new game release for the autumn.

Dude, you're done!
You read my mind and said the golden words!
Thank you !!!

ChiefOfHonour
05-19-2016, 07:39 PM
Dude, you're done!
You read my mind and said the golden words!
Thank you !!!

Пожалуйста

VincLord
05-19-2016, 07:56 PM
The thing i'm scare about is gigantic amount of time that devs need do things, so inferno will be released next year?? More than a year after whole game release!

Bongowomabt
05-19-2016, 09:17 PM
This is great news we may get a good smooth release which would be wonderfull :) thought some info on price would be good

utopis
05-19-2016, 09:58 PM
Great news
This is the one piece of news i really wanted to hear.
With more time a better expansion can be released.

Snoopster85
05-19-2016, 10:08 PM
Glad to hear this Will be busy with Witcher 3 exp soon and still got Age of Wonders 3 on my plate which is an awesome game after 2 exp and several patches I hope H7 will match it one day:)

ChiefOfHonour
05-20-2016, 03:47 PM
I'm not sure which is the best thread for this request, so I'm putting in one of the newest threads - then it will more likely be read.
What I find most valuable with HoMM and MMH games are the skirmish maps. A lot of the campaign maps would be great to play with in skirmish. Of course, it would require a certain amount of work to remove campaign events triggered by certain actions, and towns must start from level 1, but it could be done with many maps, and we could have a lot more fun for a relative low investment (for Ubi).
It's a long time until the winter holidays (some call it christmas - I call it Jol), but my 52nd birthday is in august, so I make this my birthday wish.

LimoLauser
05-20-2016, 06:52 PM
I am with you guys !!!

For me it has the advantage, bringing all the missions to an end at first ;)

shepherdmoon
05-21-2016, 08:15 PM
A lot of bug fixes were promised to come with this expansion. Does this mean we're not getting those bug fixes until August? They're sorely needed, so I hope not.

firassassass
05-22-2016, 11:40 PM
I wonder what surprise they have for us since they delayed it! I bet you guys got an idea of some sort so delayed the release to implement it! Good luck guys!

GMnemonic
05-23-2016, 09:18 AM
Make more trees
Adjust scale everything adventure map esp building and trees in relation to player character
Redo every creatures abbilities with unique ones for EVERY faction

GMnemonic
05-23-2016, 09:20 AM
seriously, use the homm VI trees instead of this monotonous crap. You dont even need to make them

lotoreo1
05-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Okay, I only read the first post of that thread. And I must say I am amazed!

Did UbiSoft really learn? You really postponed the date, instead of releasing an unfinished product?

I admit to being somewhat like a troll on this forum, after the initial release. With this post, I will leave this forum. I found my inner peace, after hearing that Ubisoft finally made at least one good decision... Well done!

Kozokus
05-24-2016, 09:28 AM
Okay, I only read the first post of that thread. And I must say I am amazed!

Did UbiSoft really learn? You really postponed the date, instead of releasing an unfinished product?

I admit to being somewhat like a troll on this forum, after the initial release. With this post, I will leave this forum. I found my inner peace, after hearing that Ubisoft finally made at least one good decision... Well done!

Ahem...
If i remember correctly MMH6 was postponed twice for an enormous +6 month more or less from initial release...

Should i remind you what it was at release? :/

Kozokus

mErEnEfErEee
05-24-2016, 10:43 AM
Funny comments, I must say.

Yeah, they learned how to make hamsters, lol.

IMMORTAL_999
05-24-2016, 11:49 AM
Funny comments, I must say.

Yeah, they learned how to make hamsters, lol.

But overall not so bad, if you compare the creatures of Heroes 5 and 7.
Almost all the creatures of the Heroes 5 it sucks, except of the necropolis creatures.
Especially these iron guys )

http://saveimg.ru/pictures/24-05-16/1ac2f01ba1cb6aef784eba7581a4ecaf.jpg (http://saveimg.ru)

Nice job!

Antalyan
05-24-2016, 04:08 PM
Ahem...
If i remember correctly MMH6 was postponed twice for an enormous +6 month more or less from initial release...

Should i remind you what it was at release? :/

Kozokus

1) Delaying the whole game is different than delaying datadisc. Working on game means to finish/do many features for the game to work. Datadisc only does some improvements and brings new content.
2) H6's terrible release was partly caused by Ubisoft causing Black Hole's bankrupt I believe.

Kozokus
05-25-2016, 09:25 AM
1) Delaying the whole game is different than delaying datadisc. Working on game means to finish/do many features for the game to work. Datadisc only does some improvements and brings new content.
2) H6's terrible release was partly caused by Ubisoft causing Black Hole's bankrupt I believe.

I know what you mean.
What i see is that since heroes6, every release we get was in an alpha state.
Vanilla = cappy balance, bugz everywhere and CONFLUX!
pirates of the savage sea = same
Danse macabre = same
Shades of darkness = same

I dont talk about gamedesign where things are more an affair of personnal tastes (which for my part i like most of them except what was related to skills and units roles)
I am just talking about infamous dynasty weapons bugs, healings, the horrible hero number limit on your dynasty page, crashs, offline play...
the list is too long and with each releases things where corrected and new ones where added...
The game was in an ok state when the developpement stopped.

Lets see what we got.
vanilla homm7 = bad release, the amount of bugs is batman arkham level.
We are eight patches further.
I am a huge fanboy i keep trying but this time i take a paper and noted things : I haven't made a SINGLE game without a game-breaking bug since the begining.
I could have forgotten the townscreen with shuffled clicable zone.
but inventory, missing skills, missing spells, effectless ability, centaure that get out of the arena (and become untargetable)....

The point of my argumentation is that each time we got a postpone we get a disastrous release.
The shema here and things sounds bad.
Sorry to be the guy that screams for doomsday but since 2011 we got unfinished work. For one time i feel pretty confident in my prediction.

Compare with Triumph with AOW3 which is more or less the same kind of game...

Kozokus.

IMMORTAL_999
05-25-2016, 11:35 AM
Kozokus. :(

I feel sorry for you, you've seen a lot of nightmares during this time.
Are you a huge fanboy-sufferer.
You have accumulated a lot of negativity in the shower.
I hope that at this moment you feel relieved, because your complaint has been heard.
You did not try to play another game, so as not to injure your nerves and health in this game?

The Immortal.

IMMORTAL_999
05-25-2016, 11:56 AM
Kozokus. :(

I am genuinely sorry for you, you are a huge fanboy-sufferer, who has seen a lot of nightmares.
You did not try to play another game, so as not to injure your nerves and health in this game?

The Immortal.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-25-2016, 01:39 PM
Hi Guys, a couple of posts have been removed.

Please do not insult each other.

Thanks for your understanding

Bane501
05-25-2016, 05:21 PM
you mean soon or "Soon" trademark from blizzard that mean 6 months ?

KoLiRi0
05-26-2016, 07:04 PM
I'll copy-paste the last communicate from bugysoft:

TRIAL BY FIRE: NEW RELEASE DATE
05/19/2016
Dear Heroes,

A few weeks ago we had the pleasure to announce the upcoming release of Might & Magic Heroes VII: Trial by Fire.

We’d like to thank you all for your support and for the exciting feedback you’ve shared about both the Fortress line-up and the content included in the upcoming patch. We are really looking forward to unveiling some hidden chapters of the Dwarves’ history and for you to lead this fierce faction to a glorious destiny!

Trial by Fire will be a great addition to the series. In order to provide you with the best experience, we‘ve made the decision to postpone the release until August 4th. We know you have been eagerly awaiting for this add-on and we are sorry about this delay. Please be assured that we’ll have more to share soon.

Thank you for your support,
The M&M Team.

HOW THE **** CAN YOU HAVE THE BALLS FOR THIS?!?!?! ARE YOU ALREADY RELEASING A STUPID EXPANSION?? WHEN HoMM 7 its STILL unplayable?!?!?

FIX YOUR GAME, WE PAID FOR IT AND WE CAN'T EVEN PLAY IT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE STATE OF THE GAME? IS THIS WHAT YOUR EFFORTS ARE GOING TO? THIS IS TOTALLY INADMISSIBLE!

DO YOU REALLY FEEL WAY THAT MUCH IMPUNE BECAUSE YOU PAY THE PRESS TO GIVE GOOD REVIEWS AND THINK THE USERS ARE MORONS? How long will you be trying to scam people? Haven't got enough disapointment from Rainbow Six? But their not the only ones, its everyone who trusted your ****.

This is really scandalous.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-26-2016, 09:45 PM
Hi KoLiRi0, please have a read here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1281433-I-can-t-connect-to-online-games?p=11731831&viewfull=1#post11731831

Thank you for your patience and apologies for the inconvenience whilst we investigate your issue.

Antalyan
05-27-2016, 04:15 PM
@ KoLiRi0

All respect and understanding to you as I personally spent about 50+ hours to make H6 Conflux work (finally, it was some account problem but it is not important now) & 10+ hours to make H7 run better/smoother. Even know I have some performance issues...

But the August patch will bring many improvements for the vanilla game as well so hopefully it will help you at least a bit too...

HolyBulmor
05-29-2016, 11:41 PM
I don't believe that Heroes VII will arise from the dead. I play "Endless Legend", the devs know how to deal with community and patches come regularly. Will be the last time to look for Heroes VII (Vanilla) with upcoming patch on 04.08.2016... and never touch any other Ubisoft games no more...

SOSolacex
05-30-2016, 11:13 AM
You guys are actually fine with waiting till the 4th of August for the new patch? That's more than 3 months after the 1.8 patch. Like, why!?? After the game is THIS buggy. Honestly, if patch 1.9 doesn't come soon and/or doesn't fix much, I am really going to flip a table.

ChiefOfHonour
05-30-2016, 01:53 PM
You guys are actually fine with waiting till the 4th of August for the new patch? That's more than 3 months after the 1.8 patch. Like, why!?? After the game is THIS buggy. Honestly, if patch 1.9 doesn't come soon and/or doesn't fix much, I am really going to flip a table.

Yes, I am actually fine with waiting until the 4th of August. Why? First of all, I don't play multiplayer. Second, this is a game, not anything important. The bugs are not that much trouble, and I do have a life away from the screen. It is summer, and time is better spent on other things. So, August is fine by me. Should there be a further delay, September is fine too. As long as the result proves worth waiting for.

shepherdmoon
05-30-2016, 08:59 PM
Yes, I am actually fine with waiting until the 4th of August. Why? First of all, I don't play multiplayer. Second, this is a game, not anything important. The bugs are not that much trouble, and I do have a life away from the screen. It is summer, and time is better spent on other things. So, August is fine by me. Should there be a further delay, September is fine too. As long as the result proves worth waiting for.

I'm not so OK with it. I am playing the game NOW. Three months from now I may have gotten bored with it, finished it, or moved on to something else. I want good gameplay now, while I'm actually playing it, and I know for a fact that they have already solved many bugs internally: they often say in the bug reporting document that a bug can't be reproduced by them because they've already fixed it on their version. I want to play with the version the developers are using right now when they keep telling the bug reporters that the bugs are fixed on their end. Instead, we keep seeing the same bugs appear over and over again when the solution has been figured out--it's just being kept away from us. For some reason I don't understand we have to wait for the expansion to come out to get the fixes that already exist for the vanilla game. It is very frustrating: it's as if the old players don't matter and they just want to make sure that the new players that are brought in with the stand-alone expansion are happy.

SOSolacex
05-31-2016, 03:25 PM

Congratualations about having a life. You are one of the few and you are o so special. Anyway, if I pay for something, it has to work. That is the standard with anything. If you work in a project, you can't just say: "Yo the deadline is finished, here have an unfinished product."

Things must be usable if you pay for it.

And about the fact that you don't play multiplayer; good for you. Some people do, some people don't. Doesn't take away the fact there are bugs in singleplayer either.

Kozokus
05-31-2016, 03:36 PM

I do not play multiplayer too fortunately.
However i do play singleplayer a lot and singleplayer is not ok at all. I defy you to play at least two 4+player game from the beining to the end without encountering a single bug.

Kozokus.

ChiefOfHonour
05-31-2016, 04:08 PM
@shepherdmoon, DarkEnmity, Kozokus
A question was ask: You guys are actually fine with waiting till the 4th of August for the new patch? I answered that question with "Yes", and explained why.
Of course, a product should be as perfect as possible. That, however, doesn't happen very often. Of course, there are bugs, but not so that it prevents me from playing 4+player games from beginning to end. Of course, it would be great to have all bug fixed right now, but that is not how software engineering works.
But obviously my answer and explaination seemed to touch a nerve in some people,
What I am saying is that this is not critical. It is a game! Years and years have shown that buying a game upon release is, to a certain degree, a gamble. No matter what company you buy it from. It is not the end of the world. Yelling and flipping tables, and screaming "I want it now!" is overkill. Find something else to do in the meantime. If these issues rattles your existence so much, I really think you need to take a real good and hard look at your life. As far as I am concerned; Nuff said.

shepherdmoon
05-31-2016, 11:40 PM
A question was ask: You guys are actually fine with waiting till the 4th of August for the new patch? I answered that question with "Yes", and explained why.
Of course, a product should be as perfect as possible. That, however, doesn't happen very often. Of course, there are bugs, but not so that it prevents me from playing 4+player games from beginning to end. Of course, it would be great to have all bug fixed right now, but that is not how software engineering works.
But obviously my answer and explaination seemed to touch a nerve in some people,
What I am saying is that this is not critical. It is a game! Years and years have shown that buying a game upon release is, to a certain degree, a gamble. No matter what company you buy it from. It is not the end of the world. Yelling and flipping tables, and screaming "I want it now!" is overkill. Find something else to do in the meantime. If these issues rattles your existence so much, I really think you need to take a real good and hard look at your life. As far as I am concerned; Nuff said.

I have no problem with your laid back attitude. It's fine with me if you are fine with playing with bugs for months even though the bugs already have fixes available, or not playing the game at all until we are finally graced with a patch to fix bugs months after they have already found a solution to them. My only problem with you is that you have a problem with me expecting the same level of service I have seen with other game companies, where bug fixes are released as soon as they are available, so people that want to play the game now can enjoy it to the fullest extent. Just because others would prefer timely bug patches doesn't mean there is something wrong with them and you should take it upon yourself to insult them.

My problem with this company is that I don't understand why these fixes that already exist are not being made available to us at the earliest opportunity. We were suppose to get a patch in early June, and now that has been pushed back *not because the bugs aren't fixed*, but because the expansion pack isn't ready and they, for some unknown reason, refuse to release the patch separately from the expansion pack. This is nonsensical to me. I don't understand why they don't understand that it's OK to release several small patches rather than wait for one gigantic patch that is required to come with new gameplay. I am in the mood to play Heroes now, but the bugs I commonly encounter that the developers say are fixed on their end is making it less enjoyable than it should be. I don't think I should have to take a break from the game until August. I don't think that is a reasonable thing to ask, especially of someone that paid $60 for a game that was unplayable for a long time due to the game-breaking skill/spell loss bug (which is not completely gone, by the way).

RobvD84
06-01-2016, 06:20 AM
Yes i agree completely with shepherdmoon. I never understood this aproach either. And they want to have more positive reputation too, right? Well this is not helping, even tho the latest patch (with all the fixes) and the expac might do them a lot of good. Why should we have to wait when they can give it to us now? That indeed doesn't make any sense, and the reason behind even less. Ppl have been waiting since the release of this game for it to be fixed. So yeah ppl are just tired of waiting.

Kozokus
06-01-2016, 08:25 AM

Hello again!

Bug i talk about are thoses that change the rules and makes the game unfair or frustrating. the last one that i encountered is an ennemy centaur archer that went outside the arena and became untargetable by any mean. Then, it began to pewpew my army unpunished and then, 21 centaurs destroyed 5 angels 21 knight, and 900 basic troops ! nice game.

You seems to be very forgetable with the state of the game at release and consider that bugs are part of the show.
I do not as i see other games released with almost perfect state.
I like to quote Age of Wonders 3 because it is a very similar game and is almost flawless.
More recently there was Battlefleetgothic, tons of important bugs where detected in the beta and when the game came out, none of them existed anymore. Now they concentrate on balance and content.
Again, look at warhammer total war, the game was released and there was two major bugs at launch that where corrected day 1. DAY 1! and now i fail to see another one.

The state of MMH7 is not a common thing and is far below the average.

While i do agree, it is only a game, big deal, go play in the garden when the sun shine, the point where the game join the Real Life™ is the hefty price i paid for it. 50€ is something significant for me (100€ because i bought da big box) and not getting what i paid for is unacceptable. If i had knew i wouldn't have bought the game and bought a box of Khorne berzerkers instead. :/

Kozokus.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Hi Guys,

Regarding the delay with the patch, we should have more news soon.

Heart; one of the developers has replied here with his explanation http://steamcommunity.com/app/321960/discussions/0/364042063117356130/#c364042262872414311

As soon as we have news I will of course let you know.

Regards

Antalyan
06-01-2016, 03:22 PM
It is totally ok if Trial by Fire release will fix almost all the vanilla issues and bring many improvements.

But if not... then the future of the game as well as fan's reactions will not be positive I guess.

RobvD84
06-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Antalyan ofcourse it's ok if the xpac fixes a lot of bugs. But It's not ok if we have to wait for at least 6 months and longer to be even be able to proberly play the game. The only good thing about all this is that Ubi is still trying to fix things. That was different with H6.

SOSolacex
06-02-2016, 12:59 AM
Hi Guys,

Regarding the delay with the patch, we should have more news soon.

Heart; one of the developers has replied here with his explanation http://steamcommunity.com/app/321960/discussions/0/364042063117356130/#c364042262872414311

As soon as we have news I will of course let you know.

Regards

Great, so I will have to wait till my holiday is almost over in order to finally play this game, with the new bugs your patch/add on may bring.
*insert table flips here*

warcraft1325
06-02-2016, 04:33 AM
I am so happy to hear the story is continuing. I hope for Inferno someday as it is my favorite faction.

mErEnEfErEee
06-02-2016, 09:27 AM
It is totally ok if Trial by Fire release will fix almost all the vanilla issues and bring many improvements.

But if not... then the future of the game as well as fan's reactions will not be positive I guess.

What fans? Have you ever seen big fans of this game except you? There used to be fans of H3 or H5 mostly, not H6 or H7.

What are you talking about? I do not know. Reactions couldn't be worse, so... they couldn't care less at this moment...

RobvD84
06-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Well it does seem they do care a bit about reputation. Otherwise i don't know why they are trying so hard with this game.It's not like ppl have any faith in them.

mErEnEfErEee
06-03-2016, 11:50 AM
Well it does seem they do care a bit about reputation. Otherwise i don't know why they are trying so hard with this game.It's not like ppl have any faith in them.

People who played the game or tried to play it with big disappointment. I mean, those decisions to release this title in that condition was made by a novice. H7 has no real support. One guy working on the AI? Come on....

RobvD84
06-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Well they don't really have to try so hard for H7. I rather want them to think hard for the future of this franchise. Start from scratch, but take H2, H3 and H5 for inspiration (in regard of gameplay) and "advice". Also i think they need an other engine, i don't think Unreal Engine 3 (don't know about 4) is a good engine for games like this. So yes i want them to make H8. But they have to aproach it differently then they did with the last 2 games. Take thier time and do a lot of research before deciding on anything added in the game. This hold most true towards the game mechanics. Atleast this is what i think if they are going to make a H8.

Mirage_dragonet
06-06-2016, 09:46 PM
All the same, nothing changes. I'll be waiting " H 8 ".////// It's sad, but true. I think in "Heroes 7" everything is already clear.
@ Rob , 06.03.16 , Just sounded main comment about "Heroes 7". This comment is necessary to make the main title to the sites of the heroes of 7. +++

IMMORTAL_999
06-07-2016, 12:55 PM
All the same, nothing changes. I'll be waiting " H 8 ".//////

A wonderful statement!
If I understand correctly now all your negative comments and criticism I will see only on the forum Ubisoft_M&M: Heroes 8 :D

Mirage_dragonet
06-07-2016, 01:10 PM
Haha, do not be sad! It's nice that you remember me and read ))

IMMORTAL_999
06-07-2016, 01:20 PM
Haha, maybe we'll meet in a live_Uncle Dim 66 ))

Excuse ... Who is it Uncle Dim 66?
And why you want to meet me :confused: ))

DenisTheGreat
06-08-2016, 11:28 AM
As far as I know form this (http://steamcommunity.com/app/321960/discussions/0/357287935560436451/#c357288572113805515) post by Heart on steam forum -
"...there will also be a Twitch stream with me BEFORE addon, for sure. Dates are TBC but it's defo happening and everyone will have ample warning before hand so they can catch it if they like."

So my question is how and from where can people know about this Twitch stream ?
And what is the channel on Twitch to watch ?
Where can I get more information regarding this ?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-08-2016, 11:39 AM
Hi DenisTheGreat, we will announce this with information how to and where to watch before it happens.

Kind Regards

Limbic_Dan
06-08-2016, 11:49 AM
As far as I know form this (http://steamcommunity.com/app/321960/discussions/0/357287935560436451/#c357288572113805515) post by Heart on steam forum -

So my question is how and from where can people know about this Twitch stream ?
And what is the channel on Twitch to watch ?
Where can I get more information regarding this ?

Hey Denis.

So I will ensure there is a Shadow council announcement. We will have a post here and on Steam. We will put it on Twitter and Facebook and any other Social media and forum it should be on, so you certainly wont miss it.

You'll be able to find the stream here https://www.twitch.tv/limbic_entertainment and i'll make sure to upload it to Youtube after.

DenisTheGreat
06-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Thank you, Limbic_Dan for information!
Now it is more clear!

If possible - one more question:

In this (http://steamcommunity.com/app/321960/discussions/0/357287935560436451/#c357287935564452994) post by Heart on steam forum I read the following:

...patch will include In game RMG, change to sim turns, Skill wheel change, new neutrals, new skirmish and scenario maps, balance changes, the largest amount of bug fixes, AI calculation tweaks and a myriad of other things.

Can you share with us a small secret - what does it mean "change to sim turns" ?
I am very excited if the development team has in plans to change the sim turns in multiplayer in such a way that the player will have an opportunity to do something while his opponent is having a battle, like it was in H5.
Expecting the patch and addon news with great enthusiasm! :p

DarkElf6464
06-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Can you share with us a small secret - what does it mean "change to sim turns" ?

Maybe they finally learned "sim" stands for "simultaneous" who knows.

RobvD84
06-09-2016, 10:38 PM
Maybe they finally learned "sim" stands for "simultaneous" who knows.

Nah it probably stands for the mode Sims, where you can control multiple characters who can interact with eachother and do funny and crazy stuff. Even sleep with eachother. Man that would be something to see Sandro kiss someone.

Eventually they will make a whole new spin-off game series based of this and call it Sims of Might and Magic or something in this direction.

ChiefOfHonour
06-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Nah it probably stands for the mode Sims, where you can control multiple characters who can interact with eachother and do funny and crazy stuff. Even sleep with eachother. Man that would be something to see Sandro kiss someone.

Eventually they will make a whole new spin-off game series based of this and call it Sims of Might and Magic or something in this direction.

Haha. Maybe even an R-rated spin-of. That's why so many new female characters were introduced in HHM7.

EynMarcSenn
06-14-2016, 07:28 AM
Haha. Maybe even an R-rated spin-of. That's why so many new female characters were introduced in HHM7.

Nute Mod please lol
The sweet Naked Dwarf Lady with a beard hehe

Dark-Whisperer
06-19-2016, 01:17 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

to UBISoft community managers, forum moderators and developers!

You have unlocked new achievements:

"Drown Hype" achievement for 1 month without ANY news on official blog,
"We don't care" achievement for no official presence on any fan forum,
"Abandon ship" achievement for not saying one word about upcoming expansion on E3 presentation,
"Swim upstream " achievement for not one twitch stream showing new expansion features,
"Grab and run" achievement for not seting the price for expansion so close to release and not opening preorders,
"CTRL + V" achievement for giving same generic answer on official forum when asked about lack of news,
"Sift through the rubble" achievement for making occasional post only on steam forums.

By unlocking these seven achievements you have unlocked ultimate achievement "Franchise destroyer".

I know it takes extreme dedication and effort to show absolutely no interest for game, franchise and fans. Congratulations again!!!

RobvD84
06-19-2016, 02:49 PM
I can understand why they choose to do it like this, even tho i am not happy with it and preffer them to act differently.
They choose to let as few info out as possible, because they don't want the backlash, like what happenend on SC/official site. Ofcourse i know that a lot of ppl won't like it if they come with something that pisses ppl off and it can't be changed (happened at SC too tho). I think it's that they are afraid of our reaction. Atleast that is what i think.
Also when they released info on SC, a lot of times things would get out of hand and it would be hard for them to stay focussed on thier work. Atleast i think it would be for me if ppl were trying to attack you personally (over the internet).

Antalyan
06-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Although I really dislike this type of silence as well, after reading his post, I changed my view a bit and I admit Rob might be right.

Shadow council already showed us what this fanbase is like. There are certain people (I will not name any, but you can go looking for them to HC), who criticise every single thing UbiLimbic does. Sure, their words are sometimes right, but they are against almost everything, ignoring the positive steps. Just because this game is not like H3, it is in the different world, etc. If there is a lot of time before release, these complainers can create a chain effect. And this is definitely what Ubilimbic cannot afford to be done. As usually, there are dissatisfied people, maybe in the case of this game much more than usually because of bad alfa state release. But it is a huge difference between those people. Some of them would like to play H7 and they would like to get the improvements, the rest of them is usually trolling, they would like UbiLimb to stop working on H7 and probably never do any other Heroes game. "If I do not like the game, let them rather do no game at all" ...

So I hope this lack of information is caused by the fact they want to surprise us with the good release of the great expansion with various fixes and not by their lack of interest

Dark-Whisperer
06-20-2016, 04:00 PM
No.
If they have faith in their product and their hard work they shouldn't keep silent.
Strong presence everywhere and always, reassuring and explaining what is going on, explaining their way of thinking and engaging in constructive dialogue is the way to bring back faith that is lost. Community managers should be omnipresent, always and everywhere.
This cowardly way telegraphs nothing but that they gave up and want just to get over with everything, ship this unfortunate expansion and close this chapter.
I'm among few people that stuck around to give support to this game, franchise and developers but they did nothing to deserve my support. Ive been asking, begging, explaining and arguing for this game and it seams to me that I care more about it than developers themselves.
Few of us have written ten times more about expansion then official community managers. Game and franchise is in sorry, sorry state and nobody but fans is fighting for it.
Why should few of us fight someone else's battle, especially when those people doesn't seem to care at all.

http://www.stephaniedray.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/shamenun.jpg

RobvD84
06-20-2016, 05:29 PM
I don't know if they do care or not. But i do believe that there have been many bad choices made, that in the end made it turn out like this. This xpac may show that they do care and that they starting to understand what needs to be done. Ofcourse it can also be the opposite and the end of this franchise. But deep inside of me i want it to be the ressurection of this franchise. That they will put this into the right track. I really hope they have learned enough so that things go for the better. But my feelings say that this is probably the end.

If i look at it on it's whole, i think selling this franchise is the better option. Selling it to someone who WILL put time, effort and resources into it.

And about communication. I think it's the after efffect of what happend at SC in the comment section when they released info. They probably are more cautious of it happening again. And i know it was really bad at SC back then. And yes it's partly thier own fault that it happend. But i can kind of understand why they do this, altho i do not agree with this method.

Dark-Whisperer
06-20-2016, 06:17 PM
That logic is like not going to the doctor because he might find you have something. Features that are implemented are there no matter what people think. Not wanting to talk about it is just delaying, and in many cases just amplifying, inevitable $hitstorm.
What does this practice say about creators of the game if they are afraid what they consumers will say about it? What does it say about their faith in their product?

Antalyan
06-20-2016, 06:40 PM
If I were a community manager, I would not do the same. I would try to convince people that this game can still be fixed.

But the things above offer a possible explanation why they behave how they behave. The other possibility is that they want to have nothing in common with H7 any longer, and it is the possibility I do not want to believe in.

RobvD84
06-20-2016, 07:21 PM
If it is true that they want to drop this then it's all the more the reason to let us know as soon as possible and not let us in the dark (i mean ppl are already waiting for news for while now). If you want ppl to start a movement against you, then you have to do sh.it like this.

DenisTheGreat
06-20-2016, 10:54 PM
There are certain people (I will not name any, but you can go looking for them to HC), who criticise every single thing UbiLimbic does. Sure, their words are sometimes right, but they are against almost everything, ignoring the positive steps. Just because this game is not like H3, it is in the different world, etc. If there is a lot of time before release, these complainers can create a chain effect. And this is definitely what Ubilimbic cannot afford to be done. As usually, there are dissatisfied people, maybe in the case of this game much more than usually because of bad alfa state release. But it is a huge difference between those people. Some of them would like to play H7 and they would like to get the improvements, the rest of them is usually trolling, they would like UbiLimb to stop working on H7 and probably never do any other Heroes game. "If I do not like the game, let them rather do no game at all" ...

Very good statement. Fully agree.

DenisTheGreat
06-20-2016, 10:56 PM
No.
If they have faith in their product and their hard work they shouldn't keep silent.
Strong presence everywhere and always, reassuring and explaining what is going on, explaining their way of thinking and engaging in constructive dialogue is the way to bring back faith that is lost. Community managers should be omnipresent, always and everywhere.

Fully agree with stated above.

DenisTheGreat
06-20-2016, 11:01 PM
Probably they have some big issues somewhere on top of their management.
Most probably - commercial issues. Something serious, so that for now all operations regarding H7 are put on hold.
Including all communication.

It is a pity :(((((

DarkElf6464
06-21-2016, 12:05 AM
...Very good statement. Fully agree.

Complete bullcrap.

Varnoc
06-21-2016, 01:21 AM
Complete bullcrap.

How so?

I've never developed a game (and I'd venture to guess 99% of the people here haven't either), but if the community of said game was as consistently toxic and negative as this one appears to be, I wouldn't want to hang around the forums either.

Additionally, the more time they spend updating us on what they're doing the less they can focus on doing, and the more ammo you're giving those very same people should something fall through. "Ubilimbic promised X and we didn't get it! Burn the witches!".

Does the lack of news suck? Yea.

But for me I can understand the radio silence, and I'm content to wait for August and see what's up, and offer my opinion then.

DarkElf6464
06-21-2016, 01:58 AM
but if the community of said game was as consistently toxic and negative

This is precisely what is complete BS.

RobvD84
06-21-2016, 06:04 AM
Why is it BS? I mean you have seen what happenend at SC right? And yes maybe the ppl in command have left and after that they decided that they do it like this. There is nothing wrong with this aproach, i mean a lot of companies do it like this. I understand ppl don't like it this way, since Ubilols gave us a lot of info before. But they don't own us anything at all (that is just something we the fans made up because we felt cheated by them).

Dark-Whisperer
06-21-2016, 08:01 AM
Additionally, the more time they spend updating us on what they're doing the less they can focus on doing, and the more ammo you're giving those very same people should something fall through. "Ubilimbic promised X and we didn't get it! Burn the witches!".

Why is this straw man argument constantly popping up? Its not like ten developers during work day hang out on forums, tweeting or streaming instead of coding. There are community managers whose job is to do such thing. Giving us information, answering questions, making teasers and reveals is actually their job.

https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/discover-the-m-m-heroes-vii-team

https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/meet-the-team-shadow-council-actors-part-1

There we have two community developers that are actually doing absolutely nothing.

And the other thing. If Ubilimbic promises something then they should be held accountable if they dont deliver. I know I do on my job and in RL.

DarkElf6464
06-21-2016, 12:11 PM
Why is it BS? I mean you have seen what happenend at SC right?

Yes I saw the fanrage, I also saw why it happened and how Ubisoft asked for it, turning deaf ears into anything community said, and it's not like it's Ubi first try either with this series.

Antalyan
06-21-2016, 02:09 PM
There we have two community developers that are actually doing absolutely nothing.

And the other thing. If Ubilimbic promises something then they should be held accountable if they dont deliver. I know I do on my job and in RL.

Actually, I am really not sure if these two men are still working on MMH7 project as community developers.

Varnoc
06-21-2016, 02:50 PM
Why is this straw man argument constantly popping up? Its not like ten developers during work day hang out on forums, tweeting or streaming instead of coding. There are community managers whose job is to do such thing. Giving us information, answering questions, making teasers and reveals is actually their job.

Strawman indeed.

I suppose a better argument is that nothing is really ever nailed down in game development when it comes to specifics. So the answer to a question may change in a week or two depending on what happens internally. Once you answer a question, all subsequent questions of that nature MUST be answered with similar responses (as it is now considered a "promise"), and if it happens to change for whatever reason, they'll get crap for it later, especially with the way the community is right now.

And the other thing. If Ubilimbic promises something then they should be held accountable if they don't deliver. I know I do on my job and in RL.

Which is my point. Any decent company will do it's best to follow through on the promises they make, but right now they need to be 100% sure that something is going to happen before they confirm it, or it will add fuel to the fire. As many people have pointed out, the franchise is at a kind of tipping point currently, and I think they may be avoiding further damage by enacting this "radio silence" we've been experiencing.

---

I'd predict more presence from them as we near the release date. Roughly a week before launch most everything should be nailed down. I'm content to wait, though most people here obviously want their cake now.

It'll be hard to tell if they're quiet because they don't care, or quiet because they do, and that will mostly be determined by personal opinion of Ubi/Limbic. It's simply impossible to definitively say one way or the other before the expansion releases.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what are the questions people have been asking? I've not really seen any questions anywhere, it's mostly bug reports, suggestions, or whining. Maybe a dedicated questions thread is in order?

ChiefOfHonour
06-21-2016, 03:45 PM
I'd predict more presence from them as we near the release date. Roughly a week before launch most everything should be nailed down. I'm content to wait, though most people here obviously want their cake now.....

Most people are, like you and me, content to wait I think. It is some few people how are impatient. People who are content with the situation will not keep announcing it in the forum.

Out of curiosity, what are the questions people have been asking? I've not really seen any questions anywhere, it's mostly bug reports, suggestions, or whining. Maybe a dedicated questions thread is in order?
The repeated question that doesn't get answered is more or less: "What more is there????". That, and a consistent demand for Ubi to show and tell more and more and more and more and.....

Dark-Whisperer
06-21-2016, 03:59 PM
How about:
Fortress townscreen,
Fortress music,
Fortress racial,
Fortress classes,
Fortress hero specializations,
Fortress warmachines,
Fortress units in 3D and their abilities,
Twitch stream to show fortress and new random skilling system in action,
Info about number and size of new skirmish maps,
Show reworked council scene,
Show how ingame RMG works.

Show where is all this time since patch 1.6 they have been and what are they doing to improve the game.

I can go on....

Varnoc
06-21-2016, 05:01 PM
Previews for anything Fortress should not be expected. Tidbits are great, yes. But giving away all of your content before the expansion ships is ridiculous to expect. For a faction that's under development, anything could change at any time at this point. This falls under the "being 100% sure of what's shipping" thing I mentioned earlier, and is why we have the lineup for the Fortress right now, they've nailed it down. Classes, abilities, music, townscreen, etc. are apparently still in the works, given that they've delayed the expansion.

Info about the number and size of new skrims is reasonable to request.

While the Council Scene is a major source of annoyance for me, I really don't see it as a priority when compared to the gameplay, and I think that's why it hasn't been fixed yet. As for where the Fortress ambassador is going to sit at said table, I'd rather be surprised.

In-game RMG is an important feature that I would also like to know more about, however that does kinda fall under the "straw-man" that we discussed earlier a bit, as I doubt the Community Managers would have much knowledge about the subject without poking the team.

Given that we are on patch 1.8, they've obviously been doing work on the game. Weather or not they've been improving it is up for debate, but that answer depends on your perspective on the subject.

---

Most people are, like you and me, content to wait I think. It is some few people how are impatient. People who are content with the situation will not keep announcing it in the forum.

This makes sense I suppose. The way I see it, no amount of noise-making on forum or elsewhere will make them release content to us any faster.

The repeated question that doesn't get answered is more or less: "What more is there????". That, and a consistent demand for Ubi to show and tell more and more and more and more and.....

This is mostly what I see as well. Repeated requests for unreasonable things, and childlike behavior when the requested material is not presented to them immediately. Some questions are valid, but they seem to become drowned out quickly by the whining for more.

DarkElf6464
06-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Repeated requests for unreasonable things, and childlike behavior when the requested material is not presented to them immediately. Some questions are valid, but they seem to become drowned out quickly by the whining for more.

My main requests were (and still are)

- Working game
- Decent AI
- Decent loading times
- Deep gameplay
- Good art
- No recycling

Does that seem unreasonable? I could have more but these are really basics, and they weren't fulfilled.

Is it childish to complain when you paid 60$ for pre-alpha state and when promises made by the team beforehand were not honored?

Keep in mind the only things community could push in order to improve the game was by bringing pitchforks at the front gate, and folks like you are then happy for its benefits BTW, things would go differently if Ubi and Limbic gave a damn.

Varnoc
06-21-2016, 08:18 PM
My main requests were (and still are)

- Working game
- Decent AI
- Decent loading times
- Deep gameplay
- Good art
- No recycling

Does that seem unreasonable? I could have more but these are really basics, and they weren't fulfilled.

Is it childish to complain when you paid 60$ for pre-alpha state and when promises made by the team beforehand were not honored?.

The only thing on that list that may be unreasonable is the "No recycling" part, many of the assets in HoMM6 were pretty good (Upgraded Sentinels in particular I was more than happy with, but meh). There is a line to that thought, blatant copy pasting of units while calling them something else is bad (hello "Medusa"), but we're getting to the point with graphics in the game industry that it's simply silly not to reuse some content a little.

Everything else on that list is pretty subjective towards "fulfilled". The game works, the AI sucks donkey, the loading times are ok (for me anyway), but the gameplay is lacking IMO. The art is fairly good as well.

I think we can all agree that paying 60$ for a "AAA" alpha is wrong, I never said otherwise. But repeating that complaint (which EVERYONE is on board with, I've never seen someone state otherwise) over and over a solid year afterwards is childish in the extreme. We get it, release was unacceptable. If you want to beat that drum some more, go for it. I apologize for wanting a productive discussion, I won't bother you with it any longer.

DarkElf6464
06-22-2016, 11:38 AM
but we're getting to the point with graphics in the game industry that it's simply silly not to reuse some content a little.

Or greedy, it's not like Ubi has no money. This is what they tell you "doing what they can with what they have", but you can see MANY games NOT doing that in the industry so duh. Also, reusing "a little" you say? Lol!!

Everything else on that list is pretty subjective towards "fulfilled". The game works, the AI sucks donkey, the loading times are ok (for me anyway), but the gameplay is lacking IMO. The art is fairly good as well.

Glad to see you at least agree the gameplay is lacking. The game doesn't work for me, and I find loading times unacceptable.

I think we can all agree that paying 60$ for a "AAA" alpha is wrong, I never said otherwise. But repeating that complaint (which EVERYONE is on board with, I've never seen someone state otherwise) over and over a solid year afterwards is childish in the extreme. We get it, release was unacceptable. If you want to beat that drum some more, go for it. I apologize for wanting a productive discussion, I won't bother you with it any longer.

The thing you are missing is this isn't the first time.This is the third time, and it's the 7TH title of the brand. H5 was released in awful condition, then H6, now H7, I have had enough, especially when H6 never was fixed and probably so will H7. I've been playing this game for two decades and I always see the same when it comes to Ubi, the same mistakes over and over and basically showing the middle finger to its fanbase, constantly. So what, keep being obedient in the hope they might get it at some point? Please, talk about being naive. They get the feedback they deserve, no more no less.

Free of you to find my posts childish or whatever, but be aware people keeping buying crappy products won't make companies stop current practices, because they are supporting those who are, IMO killing this franchise. After H6, it's no surprise H7 sold so low.

DarkElf6464
06-22-2016, 11:55 AM
Besides, blaming angry customers for lack of news is pure nonsense, Dark-Whisperer is right in the sense this shows not only lack of interest in the franchise but also shouts unprofessionalism.

RobvD84
06-22-2016, 12:41 PM
Yes i agree, and these things have already been said many times in here and on SC. It's a shame they decided to do it like this. I really hope that those who were leading this "project" since H5 get's replaced, they clearly lack a good vision and only know how to deal with media and not the fans.

About the community managers. These ppl are only responsible for the forum and making sure it works, help ppl with problems ingam and on this forum and they give us info that they get from the devs. They are not the ones who control the info we get (i think), it's those who lead this i guess.

Antalyan
06-23-2016, 04:15 PM
Besides, blaming angry customers for lack of news is pure nonsense, Dark-Whisperer is right in the sense this shows not only lack of interest in the franchise but also shouts unprofessionalism.

Can you understand the difference between blaming fans for the situation and trying to understand why things happen?

I think all the people who are somehow interested in H7 would like to have many news. And that the things promised on SC have never got realised shows the professionality of these people from Ubisoft wery well, as well as the managers', who decided to sell H7 in autumn and not to postpone the release, although they had had to know that the work on it hadn't been finished and that the quality and ratings of the game would have been terrible.

But we are here and we have no news. Criticism is everywhere. And although I do not support their behaviour, I am trying to find some logics in it.

r4www
06-26-2016, 10:14 PM
I hope the game is in better order when it launches. Would be nice to play a MP game with buddies, without it going haywire after a couple ingame months.

Jacktorh
06-29-2016, 09:27 AM
I bought the game. Will I have to pay for this DLC?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-29-2016, 09:54 AM
Hi Jacktorh, Might & Magic Heroes VII: Trial by Fire is a standalone expansion and as such you will need to purchase separately.

However, gameplay improvements will be available for everyone as a global update.

Kind Regards

Jacktorh
06-29-2016, 02:12 PM
I see, thx. €50 again?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-29-2016, 02:14 PM
We have not announced the price as yet.

Dark-Whisperer
06-29-2016, 05:54 PM

Yes, one of many things you are keeping secret for months.

vl.koryavov
06-29-2016, 06:47 PM

Greetings from Russia Ubi. When we get the global update? Together with Trial by Fire? Thank you in advance.

RobvD84
06-29-2016, 09:08 PM
Atleast do a stream somewhere in july. Give us a reason to be positive again.

oldschoolchicke
06-30-2016, 12:02 AM
Really curious to see how they price this, and what is included exactly, seeing as it is stand alone...

Expansions are self explanatory, but I wonder if players who already own the game will get a lower price than those who only buy the stand alone? It seems to me that players who already own MMH7 have far less to gain from the purchase than those who don't own it, but then again, I don't know the specifics so I could be wrong.

Ubisoft would have to have a compelling reason for me to pay $30 or more if all I got was one more faction to play and some scenarios, while others got what amounted to a whole new game

RobvD84
06-30-2016, 06:19 AM
Well they said a lot of things will get included (some were not revealed i think) and there would be a lot of fixes. But then again if the game still is broken after the x-pac this is going to be a waste.
So yeah i understand if ppl are asking from Ubilols to show us why we should buy the x-pac. For now only 1 new faction, random map generatior, skill system rework and a few more aren't enough to make me buy the x-pac. They need to show that they really changed the game for the better, especially the fixes. That's why i think a stream is the best way to do this. And to give us a demo a few weeks before release wich shows all changes and fixes. If they do this, there will be chance for this to actually do some good.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-30-2016, 09:43 AM
and what is included exactly, seeing as it is stand alone...

Hi oldschoolchicke,Trial by Fire includes two original campaigns starring the recently crowned emperor Ivan and legendary Dwarven heroes.

NEW FORTRESS FACTION: DWARVES - Lead the fierce warriors, industrious blacksmiths, and masters of Rune Magic on a path to define their destiny.

Improved mechanics and extra content including six additional Skirmish maps and two bonus original Scenario maps written by Terry B. Ray, Heroes IV’s celebrated writer.

Gameplay improvements will be available for everyone as a global update.

As mentioned above we have not announced the price as yet.

RobvD84, an official stream is being planned, as mentioned here by Heart http://steamcommunity.com/app/321960/discussions/0/364039785168837708/?ctp=3#c364040166667763449

As soon as I have some information to share I will do.

We understand your frustration and need to have more information about Trial by Fire.

Kind Regards

RobvD84
06-30-2016, 11:31 AM
You know i don't go to steam forums because i don't like it in there for some reason.

Also why doesn't this get shared earlier? I mean this is the official forum for H7. I really don't get this aproach. Why is it so hard to communicate with us both devs and Ubi employee alike?
I know the reasons why the devs don't come here have been stated, but i just don't understand why this can't be resolved. You know ppl are complaining about lack of info.

And yes i will try my hardest to be patient, but you do understand that i want a reason to "come back" to this game. But so far there isn't. You (Ubilols and Limbic) should do so much more to give ppl a reason. That's why i suggested in doing a blog or vlog to show us what you are working on. To show how commited you are, to show that you really try your best to change this game for the better.
How else are you going to sell this game and x-pac if you don't "reel" in the fans of this franchise.
All i am saying is that you should show us your effort. Give us a reason to "like" Ubisoft again.

Anyway i really hope from the bottom of my hart that this will be the turn around/ come back for this game and franchise.

VincLord
06-30-2016, 12:01 PM
So more than a year ago, when pre purchases were start, you say that deluxe pre order will give all dlc for free, is that still right Ubi?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-30-2016, 12:10 PM
So more than a year ago, when pre purchases were start, you say that deluxe pre order will give all dlc for free, is that still right Ubi?

Hi VincLord, the Digital Deluxe Edition included;

The full game
The official soundtrack in digital format
Heroes of Might & Magic III - HD Edition
Additional digital contents including a new Hero (Solmyr) and an extra scenario-map

Here is the original link to the pre-order article https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/heroes-vii-now-available-for-pre-orders

Kind Regards

vl.koryavov
06-30-2016, 01:17 PM
No answer for the Russian fans, Ubi? Thank you....

Antalyan
06-30-2016, 01:51 PM
I wonder who is responsible for this marketing silence but I think he makes a huge mistake.

Antalyan
06-30-2016, 01:52 PM
Greetings from Russia Ubi. When we get the global update? Together with Trial by Fire? Thank you in advance.

Yes.

Dark-Whisperer
06-30-2016, 02:58 PM
RobvD84, an official stream is being planned, as mentioned here by Heart http://steamcommunity.com/app/321960/discussions/0/364039785168837708/?ctp=3#c364040166667763449

You do understand that post was made on April 27th. More than two months ago. Somehow I doubt that promise made that long ago is still valid.

*EDIT*

About the pricing:

Trial by Fire includes two original campaigns starring the recently crowned emperor Ivan and legendary Dwarven heroes, Fortress faction and six additional Skirmish maps and two bonus original Scenario maps written by Terry B. Ray, Heroes IV’s celebrated writer.

Can you compare that to vanilla:

Six + two campaigns, six factions, more than 20 skirmish+scenario maps. That's currently priced 30eu or on summer sale 15eu. What owner of vanilla game will gain is just fraction of original game and price for those people should be fraction of original cost.
What I assume is that price for expansion is not yet announced because people will stop buying vanilla and wait for xpac.

Antalyan
06-30-2016, 03:37 PM
You do understand that post was made on April 27th. More than two months ago. Somehow I doubt that promise made that long ago is still valid.

*EDIT*

About the pricing:

Trial by Fire includes two original campaigns starring the recently crowned emperor Ivan and legendary Dwarven heroes, Fortress faction and six additional Skirmish maps and two bonus original Scenario maps written by Terry B. Ray, Heroes IV’s celebrated writer.

Can you compare that to vanilla:

Six + two campaigns, six factions, more than 20 skirmish+scenario maps. That's currently priced 30eu or on summer sale 15eu. What owner of vanilla game will gain is just fraction of original game and price for those people should be fraction of original cost.
What I assume is that price for expansion is not yet announced because people will stop buying vanilla and wait for xpac.

Heroes expansions always include much less than the original game :D
The biggest advantage is adding new features to vanila game for everyone and fixing the things.

Dark-Whisperer
06-30-2016, 03:43 PM
Yes, that biggest advantage we will get for free. Ingame RMG, random skilling and bug fixes will be included in free patch. So if they plan to charge over 30eu for one faction, two campaigns and few maps thy shouldn't be surprised by tsunami of outrage.

Antalyan
06-30-2016, 04:52 PM
I would definitely still buy it ;)

I really want this game to be more successful. But I cannot do it alone...

RobvD84
06-30-2016, 06:30 PM
Uh i only buy it if they really fix the game and if they actually change the game enough that it is actually good. And i think the only way to find this out is to have a demo i can play.

GMnemonic
07-01-2016, 02:43 PM
I would definitely still buy it ;)

I really want this game to be more successful. But I cannot do it alone...

Although i'm on the same front and I admire all your effort, you are right.

If you are somewhat aware of the processes underneath this development and can see through you can see why this game is not going to be good.
It's the mentality of the developer and publisher and it shows everywhere everything is rushed and based on the easies descisions.

Even the expansion is the first ever to release in such a shortt timespan. Guess why?

Then they are done with it. HOMM used to be a great imaginary series and its over.

I really Hope UBisoft will get bought by Vivendi cause the only thing they do nowadays is milk and ruin every series.

LichArch
07-02-2016, 03:55 PM
LOL they put a hamster in the lineup, and they dared name him "Kobold", truly pathetic.

r4www
07-02-2016, 04:35 PM
Will this be like only standalone, or also a dlc that can be merged with my base h7 somehow? Annoyed with the h6 exp, came with duplicates in my library as well. Know i can hide them but still don't like it

RobvD84
07-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Standalone. And it's an x-pac not dlc. They actually do this ever since H5 i believe. I don't know if H4 was standalone, but i believe not, but that wasn't released by Ubilols.

Antalyan
07-03-2016, 01:50 PM
But I think it will be connected with H7 vanilla (the same as H6 expansions), everything in only one app.

GMnemonic
07-04-2016, 03:58 AM
There's no real effort put into this game. Same for marketing. aswell as everything else done in its design graphics maps gameplay design etc.

r4www
07-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Ok, thank you guys. Not under any bandthwidth restrictions so I'll be fine, hopefully all is in that standalone, so i can uninstall base. Im buying it unless it's a complete mess. Played and enjoyed heroes since the 2nd. Hope for this series to reach its high again

RobvD84
07-04-2016, 06:03 PM
I doubt that will ever happen. They need a miracle for that to happen.

Antalyan
07-05-2016, 02:32 PM
They need a miracle for that to happen.

Or new people working in who would really care about fans and quality and who would drastically change the way of treating with this franchise.

RobvD84
07-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Lol if they wanted quality then they should have aproached this differently. It's not like Ubilols doesn't have the money or time. Why was there ever a need to rush this? They should have learned from H6, but they didn't. And like i said many times now. This is thier last chance. If they blow this, ppl won't ever come back unless it's another company and developer who wants to work on this. And they will know that they have to work hard to please the fanbase.

So yeah they need a miracle. If that is in the form of someone who can fix all the problems i am ok with it. In the end that doesn't really matters, but it does matter that they have a lot to do to bring ppl back to this game.

mErEnEfErEee
07-06-2016, 01:03 PM
This is thier last chance. If they blow this, ppl won't ever come back unless it's another company and developer who wants to work on this. And they will know that they have to work hard to please the fanbase.

So yeah they need a miracle. If that is in the form of someone who can fix all the problems i am ok with it. In the end that doesn't really matters, but it does matter that they have a lot to do to bring ppl back to this game.

They have as many chances and possibilities as they want. They didn't lose money on H7 for sure. They can also make another game for a few years. If the game and marketing is good enough, people will come themselves.

But they do not seem to care about this franchise or fans - the company does not need them to make money; they have a lot more beneficial franchises. Some people at Limbic might care, but this project overwhelmed them. They should start with smaller projects to gain some more experience instead of breaking a well known franchise.

RobvD84
07-06-2016, 02:38 PM
Trust me this is thier last chance with this franchise. Nobody will ever buy these games from this franchise from them again if they screw this up again (let alone buying any Ubilols games). How many ppl do you think already left after H7? Also i don't see where you get the confidence that there are still enough ppl to make this a "succes"? Yes i hope that this x-pac will be the turn around for this franchise. But this is the 3rd time they created a game in this franchis and in all 3 they screwed up. Yes they fixed a lot in H5, but vanilla game was a disaster, not as a big one as H6 and H7. But ppl are tired of this crap. They are tired of these practices.
Before they bring even ppl back they have to change a lot. And this time marketing isn't going to help. Ppl already fell for that trick. A trailer or a stream isn't a guarantee that the game will "work".

So yeah it's thier last chance. There are only a few ppl left, only to see how this is going to end up, positive or negative.

If anything is an indication of how things are going to turn out, it's this forum. Look how almost dead it is (yes i know there are ppl lurking in here, i do the same). I haven't really seen that much ppl who are "that" excited for this x-pac. And like me there are many ppl who only want to know if the game will change for the better (game mechanics and such) and if most bugs will be fixed. And then there is still a big chance ppl won't buy it, even after the stream that might be good. I mean the last stream they did showed the game working just fine, but when game got released it was such a mess and full with bugs. So ppl do want to test the game itself before buying. And that is why i think a demo is a very good option to do.

mErEnEfErEee
07-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Trust me this is thier last chance with this franchise. Nobody will ever buy these games from this franchise from them again if they screw this up again (let alone buying any Ubilols games). How many ppl do you think already left after H7? Also i don't see where you get the confidence that there are still enough ppl to make this a "succes"? Yes i hope that this x-pac will be the turn around for this franchise. But this is the 3rd time they created a game in this franchis and in all 3 they screwed up. Yes they fixed a lot in H5, but vanilla game was a disaster, not as a big one as H6 and H7. But ppl are tired of this crap. They are tired of these practices.
Before they bring even ppl back they have to change a lot. And this time marketing isn't going to help. Ppl already fell for that trick. A trailer or a stream isn't a guarantee that the game will "work".

If anything is an indication of how things are going to turn out, it's this forum. Look how almost dead it is (yes i know there are ppl lurking in here, i do the same). I haven't really seen that much ppl who are "that" excited for this x-pac. And like me there are many ppl who only want to know if the game will change for the better (game mechanics and such) and if most bugs will be fixed. And then there is still a big chance ppl won't buy it, even after the stream that might be good. I mean the last stream they did showed the game working just fine, but when game got released it was such a mess and full with bugs. So ppl do want to test the game itself before buying. And that is why i think a demo is a very good option to do.

Believe me. If they give people what they want and expect, they will have a chance, especially if people are hungry for an old good Heroes game.

The thing is this franchise is not that popular, so UBIsoft may not invest in it as much money as they should to make a good and quality game. The costs cannot exceed the revenue after all.

RobvD84
07-06-2016, 08:11 PM
But they have to change the whole game to give ppl what they want. Yes ppl are waiting for that itch to be scratched. The biggest problem in my eyes is that there are too few games like this (i mean Age of Wonders is a great franchise, but it doesn't give me what H2-H5 gives me). Bad marketing doesn't help either.
Even tho i hope this is going to be the turn around, i think there is too much to fix that it is almost impossible for them to make H7 good. Only time will tell.

But what makes them think For Honor is going to have more sold then any Heroes game? What about WD2? I really don't understand why they think that spending as minimal as possible is going to have a positve outcome? Especially with the rushing. And selling it as a AAA title, while it is more closely towards a indie game.

mErEnEfErEee
07-06-2016, 09:33 PM
But they have to change the whole game to give ppl what they want. Yes ppl are waiting for that itch to be scratched. The biggest problem in my eyes is that there are too few games like this (i mean Age of Wonders is a great franchise, but it doesn't give me what H2-H5 gives me). Bad marketing doesn't help either.
Even tho i hope this is going to be the turn around, i think there is too much to fix that it is almost impossible for them to make H7 good. Only time will tell.

But what makes them think For Honor is going to have more sold then any Heroes game? What about WD2? I really don't understand why they think that spending as minimal as possible is going to have a positve outcome? Especially with the rushing. And selling it as a AAA title, while it is more closely towards a indie game.

Other game genres have become more popular to play nowdays, especially in the US, which is one of the biggest market out there. Over 150 milions of people who play/buy games there. The data from 2014 shows that in the US only 4.1% of console gamers buy strategy games compared to action 28.2%, and sport games 13.3%. On PC it's 37.7% of gamers who buy strategies. Even though there are more PC gamers than console ones, the US gamers usually want to buy action or social games. Of course, these numbers do not concern Europe or other parts of the world.

They just know what sells better or worse. The demographic will tell them. They also know how Heroes games sold, so they have a comparison.

It doesn't mean few people play strategy games. It means more people play action/social games etc.

Just look at Civ 5. One of the most popular strategy games (a 25 year old franchise) sold around 8 milion copies - one of the most frequent games played on Steam.

And compare it to GTA V, which sold 65 milion copies. How much more money is that?

So UBIsoft wants to establish their own Skyrim = For Honor or GTA = Watch Dogs etc. They want to have big games that are alike to those best sellers.

RobvD84
07-07-2016, 07:06 AM
I understood from the beginning what you wanted to say. But if you create something with minimal effort and minimal support you can't expect it to end up a good product. Almost everyone knows that it has a high chance for it to fail if you do it this way. That is what ppl are asking from Ubilols all the time. Why they can't treat this just the same as all thier other games? Why does this get the sh*tty treatment? I can come up with some answers.
But these practices will always turn ppl away. You can't expect ppl to stay quiet. Especially not after screwing up 2 times already. And end up screwing it up for the 3rd time (yes H5 ended up beeing good after the x-pacs, but they still screwed up initially).

But For Honor and WD2 are still uncertain if it will be any good or that it will last. This has risks too. But to me it looks like they just don't want to take risks with the Might & Magic franchise. And this is what bothers ppl the most. I mean Ubilols has a lot of money. It shouldn't really matter for them if they lose a bit of money. And it's a unwritten rule that if you create a product with minimal effort, it will fail if you sell it for "full" price. Ofcourse it beeing broken won't help either. And i never seen them marketing a Heroes game like they do with most of thier other games. There are a few other franchises that suffer an even worse fate then this franchise atm.

And yes i agree with your statement about action games. This is the same for movies too. Ppl grow up with action and high graphics (. I see so many ppl demanding the best and highest quality regarding action and graphics. While i just want a playable game, with good game mechanics and a high replayability value. Heroes was never about graphics, never about fast paced action (altho fast and smooth gameplay animation is always a plus).

I know i am beeing negative lately. It's just that i hope this will eventually turn out good, but everytime i hear something from Ubilols it's something negative. So when i try to be positive they somehow get me to become angry. It's the way they say things and the way they do things. There have been no information, no patches that fixes the game. There is nothing to talk about (especially positive things). The official site is a disgrace and is dead. The devs only go to Steam forums wich they give info and forget to give this info on official forum (feels like there is no communication with Ubilols). So yeah a lot of negativity. A lot of things to be upset about.

mErEnEfErEee
07-07-2016, 08:48 AM
Why they can't treat this just the same as all thier other games? Why does this get the sh*tty treatment?

For the simple reason. Most of their AAA games cost huge money. Heroes games would probably not cover the costs, I presume. Maybe they also wish to outdo Rockstar, Bethesda etc.? They will not achieve that with Heroes games, especially not in the US.

But For Honor and WD2 are still uncertain if it will be any good or that it will last. This has risks too.

If you had watched E2015 and E2016 UBI shows, you'd have known that there is no such risk as in the case of Heroes. It's the same analogical rule to yours. If you create something with maximal effort and resources, you can expect it to end up with a good outcome.

It shouldn't really matter for them if they lose a bit of money.

Those games do not cost "a bit of money". This is a lot of money, in fact, so it does matter.

Heroes was never about graphics

I have made a post about the graphics here in other thread. But let me add a word.

In the past there was no "beautiful" graphics, so it did not matter that much. Games need to follow with the current standards, so they cannot look like a game from 2005 or something. Many people do care about the graphics if this was the case. Of course, I know what you mean - strategy games rely on gameplay mechanics etc., which is true. This is what those games are about, but the graphics, which can cost a lot of money, cannot be ignored. This would be equally bad treatment of the franchise.

There are also people that lack creativity, experience or skills. And they miss the point with their own "vision" argument. It's because they do not have a better one, but they need one.

Dark-Whisperer
07-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Meanwhile on official blog:

https://media.giphy.com/media/Az1CJ2MEjmsp2/giphy.gif

RobvD84
07-07-2016, 02:42 PM
You can almost say the same in here. The only difference is that ppl do lurk in here.

Marblethrone
07-08-2016, 05:48 PM
They killed the only place where people would actually come on regular basis. I personally barely come here at all, mostly I drop by at HC to check up on things. Not that anything happens that really interests me, though. Trial by Fire is coming, and I'm just wainting for it to go online. The SC days are done, my involvement in this whole series is no longer needed I guess.