PDA

View Full Version : Defeated heroes should be killed (removed)

Gom3R.
05-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Like in one of the older versions of Heroes of Might and Magic the feature where you defeat an enemy and he is killed (removed) from game should be implemented again. There is nothing worse than beating a hard enemy just to have the enemy rebuy him. There is something called retreat from battle. If hero retreat he should be rebuyable and if he is killed/defeated then not.

Also on top of this the artifat "Shackles" should be implemented again too. If your hero got this artifact then enemy hero can not retreat and will have to fight to the end.

Hope this is something you can atleast think off.

Antalyan
05-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Like in one of the older versions of Heroes of Might and Magic the feature where you defeat an enemy and he is killed (removed) from game should be implemented again. There is nothing worse than beating a hard enemy just to have the enemy rebuy him. There is something called retreat from battle. If hero retreat he should be rebuyable and if he is killed/defeated then not.

Also on top of this the artifat "Shackles" should be implemented again too. If your hero got this artifact then enemy hero can not retreat and will have to fight to the end.

Hope this is something you can atleast think off.

This idea sounds interesting. I think in previous Heroes games this problem was much more evident when AI cheated so it was possible that you were attacked by exactly the same hero with exactly the same army every week.

However I am worried about it could make AI even less powerful... Imagine you beat its heroes as usually and then it has to level-up again? Therefore I would not support this idea.

shepherdmoon
05-01-2016, 06:06 PM
I agree--it is annoying to "kill" a hero just to see him show up again next turn. The way it was done in at least some of the old games is that when a hero was defeated he became available for *everyone* to buy from their towns. Whoever got to him first and had the cash got to hire him (higher levels were more expensive).

Antalyan has a good point, though--the game is easy enough as it is without removing yet more challenge. If the difficulty of the AI isn't fixed then at least AI players could have the option to buy a different high level hero for each one they lose, so at least we aren't seeing the exact same guy come back right after he's defeated. This doesn't seem right when we don't have the same luxury of bringing back our defeated heroes.

Antalyan
05-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Antalyan has a good point, though--the game is easy enough as it is without removing yet more challenge. If the difficulty of the AI isn't fixed then at least AI players could have the option to buy a different high level hero for each one they lose, so at least we aren't seeing the exact same guy come back right after he's defeated. This doesn't seem right when we don't have the same luxury of bringing back our defeated heroes.

I think we can do it as well (but our main heroes cannot be defeated ofc in campaigns).

The solution you suggest is quite good but I don't think it can be implemented.

Bongowomabt
05-01-2016, 10:16 PM
This was kinda the idea on heroes 4... but the hero was imprisoned instead the AI is 2 easy as it is and if we take out its only decent hero then even with some AI improvments that may get made in the future you will still be left with a easy AI.... I would say this would not be a bad idea if the AI was like on heroes 6 or heroes 5 but really unless they give the AI cheats to re gain their hero strength then its not worth doing imo