PDA

View Full Version : AI has parking brake?

PBNA-Boosher
05-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Hello, I was testing out one of my coops as a single player and decided to turn on the AI for my He-111 pilot for a bit. When it was my turn to take off, I floored the throttles, but the plane wouldn't budge. I hit the brake key once, and the plane immediately gunned itself foward. I'm just curious, does the AI have its own parking brake?

PBNA-Boosher
05-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Hello, I was testing out one of my coops as a single player and decided to turn on the AI for my He-111 pilot for a bit. When it was my turn to take off, I floored the throttles, but the plane wouldn't budge. I hit the brake key once, and the plane immediately gunned itself foward. I'm just curious, does the AI have its own parking brake?

lil_labbit
05-18-2004, 10:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
Hello, I was testing out one of my coops as a single player and decided to turn on the AI for my He-111 pilot for a bit. When it was my turn to take off, I floored the throttles, but the plane wouldn't budge. I hit the brake key once, and the plane immediately gunned itself foward. I'm just curious, does the AI have its own parking brake?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This should be in "General Forum" ORR is for changes to the game and error reporting...

But anyway - some planes have brakes on for starters... In RL some planes needed the pilot to "pump up" the brakes .... In the game just hit the brakes (if assigned on a button) some times - if assigned on foot-pedal - you lucky git! - pump em http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And oh - general take-off procedure - lol

Line up on runway - STOP
Pump brakes... then hold them - FULL BRAKES
rev up engine (throttle) to max keeping prop pitch at 30% (allmost all planes but NO GERMAN PLANES) then release brakes when plane starts to move... upping prop pitch to 100% slowly...
and take off...

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day