PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Packs question

GeorgiaPeach39
01-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Hey 'all, I've heard of some expansions packs coming soon. Exactly what are they, and when could they be out on the market? Thanks much.

GeorgiaPeach39
01-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Hey 'all, I've heard of some expansions packs coming soon. Exactly what are they, and when could they be out on the market? Thanks much.

LeChuck59
01-05-2004, 12:36 AM
I've lifted the following from Aeronautico's post a couple pages back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
There are three add-ons planned the year to come, plus a possible fourth one (from 1C/UBI):

1. The official Expansion Pack (I doubt it will be called ACE, and surely the cover will be different: can't you read "for display purposes only"?!). It will include the improvements you read about, and a new map should be K√¬∂nigsberg (nowadays' Kaliningrad). I bet 1.22 will be out before that.
2. The "Battle over Europe" add-on by Just Flight and Luthier/Starshoy, endorsed by 1C, that will include new dynamic campaign improvements (including an on-line camapaign system), new AI formation flights (the "boxed" B-17 that are not currently available), new skins, campaigns and missions, and will focus on the Western front. Most of the stuff appeared in 1.2 was actually developed with this add-on in mind.
3. The Luthier's project, an entirely new project scheduled for end of the year which will add new theatres, planes, features to FB, about the same way FB added to IL-2. It is planned to be a stand-alone product apparently, but working with FB the same way EECH worked with EEAH, for the ones in the know.
4. Another official add-on, which may be and may be not for pay. Or exhisting at all. It depends on the first add-on sale figures, obviously.

Then, of course, BoB with expantions and follow-ons (other projects like Luthier's in the while, should BoB be delayed?).... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message was edited by LeChuck59 on Mon January 05 2004 at 01:13 AM.]