PDA

View Full Version : Sound not working whilst in game [PC]

thebeardbrawler
04-15-2016, 10:30 AM
Since the launch of the game i have had no issues with sound either game sound or voice chat.

When i start the game, there is no sound at all. I have checked that the computer is not on mute. I have ALT+TAB to another window and played videos etc and sound is there. I have checked the Audio settings in the game and everything is set to 100 and still there is no sound.

Is there some kind of a flag in a property file somewhere that i can check to see if it is muted some how?

if you need more information please tell me what to provide and how to provide it.

I did try resetting audio settings to default but that did not work either.

Really appreciate your time and help, and thanks for a great game which i am really enjoying.

i am running windows 10

thebeardbrawler
04-16-2016, 03:04 PM
Since the launch of the game i have had no issues with sound either game sound or voice chat.

When i start the game, there is no sound at all. I have checked that the computer is not on mute. I have ALT+TAB to another window and played videos etc and sound is there. I have checked the Audio settings in the game and everything is set to 100 and still there is no sound.

Is there some kind of a flag in a property file somewhere that i can check to see if it is muted some how?

if you need more information please tell me what to provide and how to provide it.

Really appreciate your time and help, and thanks for a great game which i am really enjoying.

i am running windows 10

I am just curious is there any more information that you need, or any processes you want em to try i have had no feed back.

many thanks

guest-g95KvTbM
04-16-2016, 05:16 PM
Will you morons quit complaining about the same ********. Every 5 minutes another topic is created with either the game is broken (Insert mechanic) or it's complaints about people cheating. It's absolutely ****ing ridiculous how you morons just keep on complaining about a game that's broken, and people are cheating in, knowing nothing is getting done about it, and then you continue playing it. So knock off the ********, and JUST STOP PLAYING THE ****ING GAME AND GET A REFUND.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET A MAGIC FIX FOR ANYTHING so stop cluttering the forum with the same ******** over and over as if it's going to change anything.

guest-P0LkIPdy
04-16-2016, 05:21 PM
Will you morons quit complaining about the same ********. Every 5 minutes another topic is created with either the game is broken (Insert mechanic) or it's complaints about people cheating. It's absolutely ****ing ridiculous how you morons just keep on complaining about a game that's broken, and people are cheating in, knowing nothing is getting done about it, and then you continue playing it. So knock off the ********, and JUST STOP PLAYING THE ****ING GAME AND GET A REFUND.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET A MAGIC FIX FOR ANYTHING so stop cluttering the forum with the same ******** over and over as if it's going to change anything.

Another thread with the same message... Are you going through every thread in the Tech support?

Maybe if you knew how to play the game, you would be playing.

Stop acting like an idiot to everyone else because you can't understand the game without a tutorial.

hurjake
04-16-2016, 07:25 PM
Another thread with the same message... Are you going through every thread in the Tech support?

Maybe if you knew how to play the game, you would be playing.

Stop acting like an idiot to everyone else because you can't understand the game without a tutorial.

I bought a game to play. Not a journey in technical pages. If you are so clever, why dont you tell me what is wrong with my game audio???? I just bought both win 10 and gtx980ti with far cry. I can hear music, but no dialogues, footsteps and so on, only music. When I plugged my speaker system, with to front speakers and subwoofer win10 ask me waht I gopt, an I answer correctly. For example Tom Clancys Divison works well......... So maybe Im a idiot, but because youre not, tell me how to fix this...please?

thebeardbrawler
04-18-2016, 11:56 AM

i am running windows 10

So i know you guys are busy but i have no feedback apart from the idiots below who have hijacked every thread to piss and moan about the game.

Can you perhaps tell me where the configuration and properties files are stored for the game. Also where the caches are that can be removed. I think that if i at least try all those things first to prove its not a client side issue that might at least help with resolving this.

Also it would help if we had an idea about how long we should expect to wait for an answer to a ticket. As it stands at the moment i think you need to hire more support staff.

many thanks

thebeardbrawler
04-18-2016, 12:37 PM
So i know you guys are busy but i have no feedback apart from the idiots below who have hijacked every thread to piss and moan about the game.

Can you perhaps tell me where the configuration and properties files are stored for the game. Also where the caches are that can be removed. I think that if i at least try all those things first to prove its not a client side issue that might at least help with resolving this.

Also it would help if we had an idea about how long we should expect to wait for an answer to a ticket. As it stands at the moment i think you need to hire more support staff.

many thanks

I got my problem fixed by raising a chat ticket with Ubisoft which was answer straight away. We went through verifying files, checking audio settings. Eventually it turned out that in the Volume Mixer of Windows 10 the Division app had been muted but nothing else was. This is why soudn was working everywhere else.

Make sue you are using the ticket chat system for quick replies