PDA

View Full Version : PC Crashes causing Nvidia drivers to corrupt.

FluxVII
04-15-2016, 02:04 AM
Being trying figure out why my nvidia drivers keep breaking but today I figured it out, everytime the game crashes it causes my card (GTX 970) to become undetected by geforce experience. Everytime this happens I have to reinstall my drivers which fixes it until the game crashes again and it's the game itself crashing not the drivers, this has only been happening since the division was released. It has also being happening on the order versions of the drivers as well.

guest-g95KvTbM
04-15-2016, 03:24 AM
Having the GEforce experience installed to begin with is just bad. It's an all around bad piece of software that Nvidia sneaked in there.

Want to see just how bad it is, go ahead and try to uninstall it.

Overspeed99
04-15-2016, 05:13 AM
This is how it is for me. I install fresh drivers and reboot. If I load Precision X or Afterburners, my GPU is listed. Then I load game. Gets past seizure warning, gets past Ubisoft logo animation, then gets to 'connecting' screen. Loading process hangs and crashes to desktop. If I load Precision X or Afterburners at list point my GPU is no longer listed and the NVidia control panel will not load. A reboot of the PC fixes this but I can still never get in game. I am running GTX980ti by EVGA FTW.

ALL my other games load fine, even the most demanding ones. Stress tests using Furmark all pass. I must believe my GPU is fine and the game is broken. Strange thing is this all happened pre-patch. One day was playing, crashed to desktop and have never been able to get back in. Ubisoft support ignores my support requests.