PDA

View Full Version : Cam change in track editor??

Captain.Flint
04-11-2016, 12:14 PM
I am surprised I was unable to find my answer on google so that why I ended up here..

Is there a way to create forced cam chages in track editor on pc? I have scanned the ui and so far have not discovered any option to do so. Nor does any tutorial tell you about it. Soms custom maps and campaign maps however, do you the forced cam change and I really think some maps can benefit of the option?

Anyone has any idea where and how I can do this?

e.g. forced cam chage to first person when you want to build a complicated wallride, or a different intro to your track, or even put text on the screen of the rider?? These are things that I have seen but cant seem to find in any mode of the track editor.

D.Va-Main-btw
04-11-2016, 12:47 PM
I am surprised I was unable to find my answer on google so that why I ended up here..

Is there a way to create forced cam chages in track editor on pc? I have scanned the ui and so far have not discovered any option to do so. Nor does any tutorial tell you about it. Soms custom maps and campaign maps however, do you the forced cam change and I really think some maps can benefit of the option?

Anyone has any idea where and how I can do this?

e.g. forced cam chage to first person when you want to build a complicated wallride, or a different intro to your track, or even put text on the screen of the rider?? These are things that I have seen but cant seem to find in any mode of the track editor.

Okay so:

1- Move your mouse to the top right of the screen and click on the gear icon

2- Select "Classic Trackbuilder" (Or something along those lines)

3- Convert the track

4- Now, on the bottom right, you should see a symbol next to a flag, that when you click on it, brings up a Media Tracker menu, where you can choose what you want to edit. Ingame, and something else, but I don't use that so meh.

5- If you know how to create cam-changes, then you can just do that there, it's just like in TMē

6- If you don't, then here's how: These transparent blocks you can place are Triggers, driving through them activates a set of blocks that you add to these triggers, cam changes, FX Colors, etc.

7- Bottom left of the mediatracker, you can see the Trigger-group (left box) and the Block-group of the selected Trigger-group (right box). Click on the + above the Block-group to add a block.

8- Cam changes should be Camera Race, if I remember right. Anyways, just add that.

9- Now if nothing shows up on the left side, click on either the end or the start of the block in the timeline on the bottom.

10- Where it says something along the lines of "default", select Internal.

11- Now, create a new Trigger-group by pressing the + above the left box mentioned under 7.

12- Place the triggers of it where you want the camera to switch back to your default camera, and leave the trigger empty.

Some of it might be a bit different ingame, this is completly out of memory right now x)

But anyways, this is how it's done, hope I explained it well enough ;)

Captain.Flint
04-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Okay so:

1- Move your mouse to the top right of the screen and click on the gear icon

2- Select "Classic Trackbuilder" (Or something along those lines)

3- Convert the track

4- Now, on the bottom right, you should see a symbol next to a flag, that when you click on it, brings up a Media Tracker menu, where you can choose what you want to edit. Ingame, and something else, but I don't use that so meh.

5- If you know how to create cam-changes, then you can just do that there, it's just like in TMē

6- If you don't, then here's how: These transparent blocks you can place are Triggers, driving through them activates a set of blocks that you add to these triggers, cam changes, FX Colors, etc.

7- Bottom left of the mediatracker, you can see the Trigger-group (left box) and the Block-group of the selected Trigger-group (right box). Click on the + above the Block-group to add a block.

8- Cam changes should be Camera Race, if I remember right. Anyways, just add that.

9- Now if nothing shows up on the left side, click on either the end or the start of the block in the timeline on the bottom.

10- Where it says something along the lines of "default", select Internal.

11- Now, create a new Trigger-group by pressing the + above the left box mentioned under 7.

12- Place the triggers of it where you want the camera to switch back to your default camera, and leave the trigger empty.

Some of it might be a bit different ingame, this is completly out of memory right now x)

But anyways, this is how it's done, hope I explained it well enough ;)

Big thanks!! As far as i am concerned this whole 'move your mouse to the top of the screen' has been the weirdest and hidden UI-component in modern games. Most games for example already give options choice if you press Esc.

Anyhow big thanks! Let's hope this does go to Google so people won't bother you again :D. (or maybe it's just a dumb question)

D.Va-Main-btw
04-11-2016, 12:59 PM
Big thanks!! As far as i am concerned this whole 'move your mouse to the top of the screen' has been the weirdest and hidden UI-component in modern games. Most games for example already give options choice if you press Esc.

Anyhow big thanks! Let's hope this does go to Google so people won't bother you again :D. (or maybe it's just a dumb question)

Well it's the same system as in TMNF, TMUF, TMē, just with the interface of TMē, so if you know how to do it there, then you know how to do it here, as long as you find the old TMē Editor ;) Although this at the top of the screen thing has been a thing even in TMNF.

Ubi-Alinoa
04-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Nice and shared in the FAQ: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1421358-FAQ-Have-a-question-Look-here!-Forums :D