PDA

View Full Version : Destroyed online by magic bullets, warping involved.

Ob.Emann
04-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Just a few minutes ago, I joined a dogfight server on Ubi. When I entered the game after selecting my aircraft (Ta152), I could instantly tell that almost everyone was warping, some to a rediculous degree. But I decided to stick around for a few minutes, since almost everyone was piloting a jet and flaming out.

But here comes the crap. After downing an aircraft and crippling another, without any damage to myself, about 6 minutes after entering the game, I flew over a large lake with an ensuing jet/warp battle above, I check my six for a few seconds and when I look at my instrument panel again, ALMOST ALL OF MY INSTRUMENTS WERE SHOT OUT AND I HAD A FUEL LEAK, all this without so much as a tracer wizzing by.

This happened 3 times more over the next 10 minutes, all of them without any aircraft within range to accurately attack me. Like I said, almost everyone was flying a jet, mostly Go229's, warping profusely. I was using MW30 and flying about 450 km/h, diving and spinning defensively whenever someone actually fired upon me, warping or otherwise.

So, has anyone had this problem with invisible bullets online? Is it some sort of cheating or am I just delusional?

Der Oberst von schlechten Piloten

Ob.Emann
04-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Just a few minutes ago, I joined a dogfight server on Ubi. When I entered the game after selecting my aircraft (Ta152), I could instantly tell that almost everyone was warping, some to a rediculous degree. But I decided to stick around for a few minutes, since almost everyone was piloting a jet and flaming out.

But here comes the crap. After downing an aircraft and crippling another, without any damage to myself, about 6 minutes after entering the game, I flew over a large lake with an ensuing jet/warp battle above, I check my six for a few seconds and when I look at my instrument panel again, ALMOST ALL OF MY INSTRUMENTS WERE SHOT OUT AND I HAD A FUEL LEAK, all this without so much as a tracer wizzing by.

This happened 3 times more over the next 10 minutes, all of them without any aircraft within range to accurately attack me. Like I said, almost everyone was flying a jet, mostly Go229's, warping profusely. I was using MW30 and flying about 450 km/h, diving and spinning defensively whenever someone actually fired upon me, warping or otherwise.

So, has anyone had this problem with invisible bullets online? Is it some sort of cheating or am I just delusional?

Chuck_Older
04-04-2004, 06:05 PM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

You're going to have to accept that wacky things can happen online, I think

Punk Rockers in the UK, they won't notice anyway. They're all too busy fighting for a good place under the lighting~ Clash

VF-10_Snacky
04-04-2004, 07:40 PM
That was just a bad laggy server bud. A lot of wierd things can be blamed on lag in some of these servers.

I personally dont like the way the ME109K-4 climbs vertically as if it had JATO bottles, but I know thats how its modelled and not lag. lol http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"Son of a B**ch! That's gonna leave a mark."

Ob.Emann
04-04-2004, 08:10 PM
Thought so.

The server was pretty laggy, and all of the jet contrail didn't help. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/53.gif