PDA

View Full Version : What Ghost Recon Wildlands should look like

BringBackGraw
04-08-2016, 12:23 AM
Take a look at this nasty montage of one of my clan mates on Graw 2, and who's still good friends with me now. This gameplay includes against many Gamebattles players. Tell me that gameplay doesn't scream pure skill based, run n gun, up in personal in your face. This is what GRW should aim for IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3PVZD-OoHc

Best sniper gameplay ever here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TuXHCbzQFQ

Shadow__Hazard
04-08-2016, 02:00 AM
No. Because Wildlands isn't being created as yet another arena-style twitch shooter PvP game.

Also, that video is nothing special, it's no any different to, say, typical Call Of Duty gameplay. We don't need more games with this style of PvP only with a different name. Run and gun twitch shooters don't scream 'skill' to me at all, quite the opposite in fact. I have nothing against COD, or other arena shoot 'em ups, but Wildlands should certainly not resemble that even if they did put PvP into the game.

Lolssi
04-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Way to make Graw 2 look like crap.

he1nz
04-08-2016, 04:00 PM
There is way to many shooters that apeals to run' gun players..

I hope GRWL gets a multiplayer part that rewards teamplay and communication. And weapon physics that prevents running and gunning 👍

SuperBiscotCOT
04-08-2016, 04:48 PM
Yes rewarding teamplay and punishing rushers except in some situations.

BringBackGraw
04-08-2016, 05:01 PM
Good M107 sniper game play here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mDcVLTdFRU

I'm the best M107 run n gunner in Ghost Recon. Sick sniper clips in the video above

he1nz
04-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Good M107 sniper game play here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mDcVLTdFRU

I'm the best M107 run n gunner in Ghost Recon. Sick sniper clips in the video above

👏😂 I know quilte a few self proclaimed legendary beasty MLG epic GRAW 2 snipers that will disagree with that.

BringBackGraw
04-09-2016, 02:04 PM
My boy Ace's video from Gamebattles playoff match on 360. Beast player from London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TuXHCbzQFQ&nohtml5=False

No other game can replicate the sniper battles on GRAW 2..watch that clip. Sick kills, especially Ace starting off with that first kill...that Sniper leaned into a crevice area already preaiming and Ace lights him up

BringBackGraw
04-09-2016, 02:06 PM
You may not have liked faze's vid because they're not the running type, but the vid above can't be hated by any tactical player

GRW should be about tactical gameplay...watch the sniper kill 2 minutes in. Shoot watch the whole clip.No game has replicated that since

GiveMeTactical
04-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Take a look at this nasty montage of one of my clan mates on Graw 2, and who's still good friends with me now. This gameplay includes against many Gamebattles players. Tell me that gameplay doesn't scream pure skill based, run n gun, up in personal in your face. This is what GRW should aim for IMO

Key word here being... Nasty!

Pure Skill Based... perhaps we have different definitions of what Pure Skills mean!

Run & Gun ... exactly what we (or at least I am sure "I") don't want in Wildlands.

I am sorry but it does not take skills to run and gun like in the video, perhaps it takes lots of hours of gameplay to know the terrain, luck and knowing where the controller buttons are (which you will get by playing all those hours) but I rather get stats like 40 kils and 1 death than 40 kills and 39 deaths.

Buy hey... I respect your opinion even if I wholeheartedly disagree with it. To me this is exactly why we lost the basic tactical shooter games. Key word... To Me!

Oh and, wast that an Assault weapon you were shooting dressed as a sniper rifle? This is not the gamer's fault... this I blame on the Devs for allowing it.

BringBackGraw
04-11-2016, 11:29 PM
Not hated, but listen to the speed that the 50 cal is being fired at, whilst standing. It is totally unrealistic.

Headquarters and Shoreline were hardly ever played by the EU clans, by the way, but the NA teams picked the maps for the playoffs so they were always there.

Yeah but the sniping gameplay was the best ever in a game. The tight crevices. The spot on the building on Headquarters where you can lean on side of building and snipe someone on the ramp

BringBackGraw
04-11-2016, 11:30 PM

Pure Skill Based... perhaps we have different definitions of what Pure Skills mean!

Run & Gun ... exactly what we (or at least I am sure "I") don't want in Wildlands.

I am sorry but it does not take skills to run and gun like in the video, perhaps it takes lots of hours of gameplay to know the terrain, luck and knowing where the controller buttons are (which you will get by playing all those hours) but I rather get stats like 40 kils and 1 death than 40 kills and 39 deaths.

Buy hey... I respect your opinion even if I wholeheartedly disagree with it. To me this is exactly why we lost the basic tactical shooter games. Key word... To Me!

Oh and, wast that an Assault weapon you were shooting dressed as a sniper rifle? This is not the gamer's fault... this I blame on the Devs for allowing it.

Sounds like you didn't play GRAW 2 but those stats were possible

lxl H A T E lxl
04-12-2016, 06:27 PM

you're saying camping...err i mean "tactical play" takes more skills than rushing?

I'm not saying that there isn't some skill involved in camping, but to be moving around the map and have constant awareness and the reaction time to kill people who might just pop up out of nowhere is much harder than just staying in a specific spot or area of the map and just looking at the map and listening through ur headset. When you're a good rusher, you're doing all those things a camper does WHILE YOU"RE ON THE MOVE. That to me takes much more skills. That is why you said "I rather get stats like 40 kils and 1 death than 40 kills and 39 deaths". You can be a rusher and still maintain a high K/D if you are skilled enough.

GiveMeTactical
04-13-2016, 01:26 AM
Sounds like you didn't play GRAW 2 but those stats were possible

You are correct... I didn't

Life gets in the way of me neing able to play 20 hrs a day

Perhaps your definition of "Tactical" differs from mine... You rusher's are all Kings. ;)

But I do let my character camp... when my wife tells me its time for dinner and I leave it sitting for a while LOL

BringBackGraw
04-14-2016, 07:08 PM
You are correct... I didn't

Life gets in the way of me neing able to play 20 hrs a day

Perhaps your definition of "Tactical" differs from mine... You rusher's are all Kings. ;)

But I do let my character camp... when my wife tells me its time for dinner and I leave it sitting for a while LOL

If you never played the game it's senseless for you to try to comment on the experience of the game

GiveMeTactical
04-14-2016, 11:49 PM
Oh I played the game, a couple if not more times but I never played MP, that is what I was referring to... sorry if you misunderstood me.

UbiKeeba
04-18-2016, 02:04 PM
Everyone keeps talking about camping, but I think I have a different definition from much of what I am seeing here. To me, camping is hiding in a corner with a shotgun and waiting for people to run past you. Or even hiding in one spot with a sniper in a way that doesn't give others much chance if they come into your line of sight.

Also, hiding so you can AFK for wife reasons is not camping, since you're not killing anyone :P

SuperBiscotCOT
04-18-2016, 08:18 PM
And I think that if you are a really good player there is no sniper campers for you ... you can just come for behind or find an other way ( like a real true ghost ) ... but sometimes it's not really fair even if you are good.

But I have to grant you the fact that I hate people wainting in corners with shotguns ... Keeba are you one of them ? ;)

UbiKeeba
04-18-2016, 08:21 PM
But I have to grant you the fact that I hate people wainting in corners with shotguns ... Keeba are you one of them ? ;)

The only time that I have done it has been when someone else ruined a match due to camping in that manor, and so I'd camp ONLY to keep them out of that spot. I didn't kill anyone else that match... only that one jerk just to make sure that he didn't wreck anyone else due to his shoddy tactics.

SuperBiscotCOT
04-18-2016, 08:23 PM
Oh Keeba my heroine ! :D

BringBackGraw
04-24-2016, 02:17 PM
The only time that I have done it has been when someone else ruined a match due to camping in that manor, and so I'd camp ONLY to keep them out of that spot. I didn't kill anyone else that match... only that one jerk just to make sure that he didn't wreck anyone else due to his shoddy tactics.

Graw 2 Gamebattles would be like that sometimes. Especially on the one life modes like Last Man Standing. Team would get one kill and try to camp, so if we happen to get ahead we'd have to do same thing. Hated when teams did that instead of playing the game

Lolssi
04-25-2016, 08:59 AM
Graw 2 Gamebattles would be like that sometimes. Especially on the one life modes like Last Man Standing. Team would get one kill and try to camp, so if we happen to get ahead we'd have to do same thing. Hated when teams did that instead of playing the game
That is playing the game...

meathead_79
04-25-2016, 04:10 PM
God, I forgot how bad the gun play ion GRAW2 was. I used to love the game too. I used to run the map with the SAW. 100 rounds of fury, with no recoil. The M107 was the worst. Deadly accurate while on the run. Hard to believe i loved that game for so long.

ITK5
04-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Funnily enough I couldn't go back to it after a couple of years on GRFS. I would have in a heartbeat for a clan scene, but it felt so sluggish after GRFS. For casual play I would always pick GRFS or BF4. It was just a few tweaks that GRFS needed particularly around customisation for the gameplay then some better maps.

There is a GRFS night his Friday on Xbox 360 with ITK and the Ghost team I believe. Will have a play, but everything being compared to R6 Siege at moment. Top, top game.

Yes sir!
Currenlty just on the XboX 360..but if we could get ppl on the pS3 & PC i would be willing to do that too.

As far as Camping in simple adversarial games I hate camping, but in competitive
play..sometimes the winner is the one who can camp the best.

example: Get one kill now your ahead by 100 points..get your A$$ back to the spawn point and camp
happens all the time in ESL Tournaments...winner winner chicken dinner.

BringBackGraw
04-27-2016, 12:28 AM
God, I forgot how bad the gun play ion GRAW2 was. I used to love the game too. I used to run the map with the SAW. 100 rounds of fury, with no recoil. The M107 was the worst. Deadly accurate while on the run. Hard to believe i loved that game for so long.

SAW was that gun!!

Funnily enough I couldn't go back to it after a couple of years on GRFS. I would have in a heartbeat for a clan scene, but it felt so sluggish after GRFS. For casual play I would always pick GRFS or BF4. It was just a few tweaks that GRFS needed particularly around customisation for the gameplay then some better maps.

There is a GRFS night his Friday on Xbox 360 with ITK and the Ghost team I believe. Will have a play, but everything being compared to R6 Siege at moment. Top, top game.

I hated GRFS, no lobbies, no ability to turn off garbage, gameplay was wack imo.

BringBackGraw
05-04-2016, 12:27 AM
Yeah, a lot of people felt that way, but I stuck at it and eventually got used to it. I was probably only one of a very few from the GRAW clan scene that did, but I found people still talked more than other games and met some good friends out if it.

Nothing can match up to GRAW 2's nasty gameplay

StealthTallyFox
05-11-2016, 07:05 AM
I hate run and gunners, heck, I stopped 8 people run and gunning in GRP's Tomsk map by "Tactical Camping" with M110/SR-25 and let my teammates flank them, god I love those times

Timberley
05-17-2016, 03:00 PM

Best sniper gameplay ever here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TuXHCbzQFQ

It doesn't. It screams terrible game. Certainly not what I'd expect from the GR franchise.

Tim

AI BLUEFOX
05-17-2016, 07:28 PM
It was mainly that particular weapon, Tim. So over powered with a random bullet placement pattern instead of recoil that just made rapid trigger fire an instant kill and no penalty for using it whilst standing.

Timberley
05-23-2016, 08:40 PM
It was mainly that particular weapon, Tim. So over powered with a random bullet placement pattern instead of recoil that just made rapid trigger fire an instant kill and no penalty for using it whilst standing.

Wow... Well, hopefully the devs won't put in anything like that in GRW! Thanks for the info Bluefox; I wasn't massively into GRAW's MP scene, so I rarely realised stuff like this.

Tim

the_oper8r
05-25-2016, 02:17 AM

You guys enjoyed a Future Soldier? And you play Siege? Honestly as one of the most hardcore GR fans I've seen (you and the rest of the people invited to the Wildlands meeting thing) I would think that you didn't like the most recent entries in the GR an R6 series. I enjoy both games a lot but I've never seen a lot of hardcore fans of the original games that appreciate them.

Cortexian
05-25-2016, 06:13 AM
I appreciate Rainbow Six Siege for what it is, but it certainly isn't much of an homage to the Rainbow Six legacy. It's a decent game itself, but it lacks in the nostalgia department. Same goes for Future Soldier to some degree. I was more bummed that it didn't have as much future-tech as the original trailers and artwork showed off, but it was an interesting take on the GR series.

I'm personally hoping that the devs find a nice balance between the old-school GR's and the newer GRFS style of play.

SuperBiscotCOT
05-25-2016, 11:14 AM
I'm personally hoping that the devs find a nice balance between the old-school GR's and the newer GRFS style of play.

If I remember well after your play session in Paris you found some elements from the original game and other features that are more recent ? And it was well balanced, Am I right ? ( Don't go too much in deep with all the NDA stuff ;) )

Cortexian
05-25-2016, 06:02 PM
Yes, what I experienced with the game last year gave me high hopes. There are definitely elements that reflect back to the original games. Also a lot of newer things that I was super excited about obviously, I'm pretty sure the excitement was shown in the original video Ubisoft put online with little interviews with us.

AI BLUEFOX
05-25-2016, 08:35 PM
You guys enjoyed a Future Soldier? And you play Siege? Honestly as one of the most hardcore GR fans I've seen (you and the rest of the people invited to the Wildlands meeting thing) I would think that you didn't like the most recent entries in the GR an R6 series. I enjoy both games a lot but I've never seen a lot of hardcore fans of the original games that appreciate them.

I didn't enjoy GRFS anything like as much as the predecessors, but after so many years of GRAW2 all you could find in 2012/2013 was some of the old schoolers in a siege room with M107s. And yes there were 60 maps, but every quick shot, angle, approach and tactic was so well played out it was a bit repetitive. Newer players or maps would have freshened it up and the clan ladders were taken down on GB so no real clan scene was viable.

Compared to other shooters, once you were used to it and accepted it for what it was, GRFS was better than CoD and Battlefield so it filled the void for me.

Holotip6
05-25-2016, 08:48 PM
I heard GRW hasn't decided if multiplayer will be apart of game...meaning siege..last man standing, sharpshooter, etc. I hope this is not true. or they just waiting to tell us about the Remastered old GR game to get us to buy.

BringBackGraw
05-28-2016, 03:40 PM
Hopefully we can see some run n gun and snipe gameplay. If this game doesn't have PvP multiplayer it will be a huge disappointment

DanHibikiFanXM
05-28-2016, 04:04 PM

A lot of us old, grumpy, and frustrated TC franchise vets despise those titles so you're not wrong. Personally, I think both games are god awful...but different strokes for different folks as the old cliche goes.

BringBackGraw
06-16-2016, 04:32 PM
A lot of us old, grumpy, and frustrated TC franchise vets despise those titles so you're not wrong. Personally, I think both games are god awful...but different strokes for different folks as the old cliche goes.

FS was awful and by looks of E3 gameplay it does look similar to
Graw 2 more

BringBackGraw
12-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Those two videos in OP post are insane

PinkTac0
12-09-2016, 08:51 PM
They're not and u should feel bad for necroing such garbage tier dribble

UbiKeeba
12-09-2016, 09:17 PM
Closing thread due to it being a necro'd old thread.