PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry Primal Story/Writing Critique

Syfro
04-07-2016, 06:58 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm Syfro, and I have a tiny little YouTube channel where I look at storytelling techniques and writing in games. I found the way Far Cry Primal presented its story and world to be really interesting, so I made a video talking about it. If that sounds interesting to you, then please give it a look :)

https://youtu.be/CiqmBagXlqo

Ureh
09-12-2016, 03:53 AM
I listened to this vid and your Deus Ex gold filter spotlight. Well done indeed. Good narration.

Can't wait to try this game for myself.

---

p.s. I just realized that both games star Elias in the lead. xD

Lysette88
11-27-2016, 01:52 AM
Very informative video. I just started with the game on friday, but my first experiences in the game - even I have my first permadead character already - were awesome and your story telling review make me even more wanting to play the game. I will stick with survival and 2nd chance permadeath, regardless if I die from being stupid (or better said inexperienced yet) or too careless, this is just an experience I have to make as well. It is a dangerous world at that period in time and if I would just play with normal respawn, this would just not be the same and take away from the experience IMO.

I am not really that much into given missions and story telling overall does not have to be like a novel to me in a game, but your review makes me curious about those characters, I am looking forward to meeting them now. I was thinking about disabling subtitles, but now, after I have seen your video, I guess, I would eventually miss out on understanding characters in the game, if I would do that. Not understanding in just their language, but I might not get what their character is about and what they are up to, if I cannot understand what they are saying and what they are wanting from me.

So thank you for posting your video - I appreciate it.