PDA

View Full Version : The Assassin's Creed TV Show - Speculation & Discussion

Sorrosyss
04-02-2016, 05:43 PM
In 2017, the Assassin's Creed franchise will celebrate its tenth anniversary. In that time we have seen the brand expand through numerous main game titles, spinoffs, novels, comics, and now a movie. But there is one domain it has not yet ventured into - the arena of television.

With the franchise increasingly adopting a transmedia basis for its storytelling, lets take a look at what a potential TV series could offer the fanbase.

The Connected Universe

http://i.imgur.com/N96sf2y.jpg

When we look at the action and adventure genre, both television and movies are utilising the concept of a shared universe. In this concept, we see multiple seemingly unconnected IPs (Intellectual Properties) being connected together. Marvel have received wide praise for this concept, such as the way that they gradually linked their cinematic universe by introducing each of the Avengers before making a movie with them all together.

That is but one example. Nick Fury appearing in Agents of Shield, along with the fallout from the Winter Soldier movie. The Daredevil and Jessica Jones shows both name dropped and shared characters.

DC comics have also been doing the same with varied TV crossovers between The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow. The Batman Versus Superman movie also sets up the Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Justice League movies.

Its a tried practice, and one which has proven very popular amongst viewers. For me personally, it always make the worlds feel larger and more alive and not only adds to the narrative potential, but can help cross promote series and add to the fanbases of each property.

Game Properties Are Doing It Already

http://i.imgur.com/6OelJcm.jpg

Its not just a superhero properties that are doing this though. Video game properties are already doing this, and by the looks of things there are several more to come. In this respect, Ubisoft could look to some of these examples for their own inspiration.

The TV show Defiance had an intriguing concept in that it had its own massively mulitplayer shooter game released at the same time. When it first launched, they tried to incorporate the storylines from the TV show into the game, by allowing players to experience the same events in the virtual world over the run of the season. Whilst the execution may have been questionable, the concept behind this was a very sound one for incorporating your audience.

Quantum Break is a new Xbox One game that features a live TV series running in parallel. As players complete the digital episodes for themselves, the actions that they take will ultimately decide the events of the next episode of the live series. Having players directly input to the storyline in this way is a fascinating idea, and having the same actors/characters in both media makes for a very compelling connected experience.

A few other notables examples, would be the upcoming Halo TV series from Showtime, and the new Final Fantasy Anime series that feeds into FF15. Game companies are increasingly seeing the benefits to expanding their IPs to other media, and I'm sure Ubisoft are acutely aware of this.

So what form would an Assassin's Creed TV series take?

http://i.imgur.com/XuZsqgm.png

The franchise has already previously toyed with a few different concepts. There was the Embers animated feature of 2011, which was comprised primarily of CGI. There was also the Lineage short film trilogy of 2009, that actually gave us our first glimpse at a live action AC experience.

There are merits and disadvantages to both styles. Traditionally, animation work generally ends up on associated children's television channels, and will sometimes have a stigma about them being only for kids. But then there are some such shows like Star Wars Rebels, which end up having a very large adult audience.

Given that we now have a movie coming, I would personally argue for a live action TV series. Assassin's Creed has long held a love amongst its fans for the varied hand to hand elements of the combat within the franchise. You need only look at Youtube to find varied fanfilm efforts of people performing parkour, or elaborately crafted fight sequences inspired by the games. When a TV show like Daredevil can earn plaudits for its amazing choreography, this has to be the kind of arena that AC wants to inhabit in my mind.

So what about a setting?

The Animus as a Framing Device

http://i.imgur.com/tvI19aE.png

The franchise has always been known for its historical tourism since the start. To a new fan with no knowledge of the concept of the Animus, it would pretty much be presented as a form of time travel. As a TV show, this is not a new concept and you can see varied other IPs with a similar concept such as Doctor Who or Quantum Leap, where the Time Travel device essentially sets up the entire premise of each episode.

With the Animus, this kind of concept is absolutely perfect. For one, as with all of the games, if we start off with characters within the Present Day, they can travel back in time to see their ancestors in action. This means that whomever is cast in the TV show, can represent their ancestor within whatever timeframe they travel back to - we already see this for example within the movie with Michael Fassbender. With the whole of history to play with, a TV series could very much take on the trope of 'story of the week', with each jaunt into the Animus being a different time period or location. The possiblities are literally endless.

Whilst I am sure the movie will be excellent, a sub 2 hour movie does not generally allow for much character development or narrative cycles. With a TV series you usually have a good ten+ hours to work with, and I personally think it would be really exciting to see Ubisoft's own AC writing team such as Darby McDevitt and James Nadiger to be let loose on trying out their own contained episodes. The multi tiered narrative of the Present Day, Isu, and history itself, makes for a complicated subject matter that in my mind will work far better in this kind of medium.

Who should the series be about?

http://i.imgur.com/Wh0HVnW.png

If we go back to the concept of a connected universe, we've already seen this start happening within the franchise. Galina is now appearing in the comics. Alan Rikkin has gone from AC1 to the movie.

To present the concept of the Animus we need the Present Day as the focus. With this in mind, after the demise of Desmond, we know of two other Assassins that are currently using an Animus; Charlotte De La Cruz and Galina Voronina. If these two were to head up the TV series, not only would you have a direct link to the comics, but with the inclusion of a few other Present Day characters you could incorporate the games and the movie universe all into one cohesive shared narrative. As well as the Assassins, we must also ensure that we have a presence of the Templars as the main antagonists, as well as the Isu - mainly with the appearance of Juno.

As such, for a bit of fun, here are a few of my suggested castings to try and give these characters a physical face in the real world. Of course, I am sure there will be many new characters, but I'll stick with existing ones for this. As top line actors command large salaries, I have deliberately tried to use acknowledged television actors rather than mainstream celebrities, and preferably someone with a similar appearance. Certainly those from the movie would only have brief cameos at best. But I'm no casting director! Who would you cast?

http://i.imgur.com/HGrViIl.png
Charlotte de la Cruz = Jessica Lucas

http://i.imgur.com/ochVy9n.png
Galina Voronina = Eliza Taylor

http://i.imgur.com/J7mM1gS.png
Bishop = Cobie Smulders

http://i.imgur.com/z0hf81O.png
Shaun Hastings = Danny Wallace

http://i.imgur.com/Eyv9aHl.png
Rebecca Crane = Willa Holland

http://i.imgur.com/fZqyKBg.png
Otso Berg = Manu Bennett

http://i.imgur.com/SKSKICe.png
Violet De Costa = Cynthia Addai-Robinson

http://i.imgur.com/rQDUQjV.png
William Miles = John De Lancie

http://i.imgur.com/oPxFqWQ.png
Gavin Banks = David Hayter

http://i.imgur.com/lqJKEhw.jpg
Juno = Nadia Verrucci

http://i.imgur.com/nlV1hBK.png
Alan Rikkin = Jeremy Irons

http://i.imgur.com/BPBy7hG.jpg
Callum Lynch = Michael Fassbender

Who would produce such a TV show?

http://i.imgur.com/YIU45o4.png

People will always have their own opinion, and loyalty to a certain network. I am sure Netflix, The CW, AMC, and many more would all make great homes for the AC TV series. Whilst Ubiworkshop produced Embers, for the AC movie Ubisoft used their own Motion Pictures company to help get the project off the ground. I personally believe it is in their best interests to do the same here, as it allows them to maintain creative control and ensure that they can correctly maintain the shared universe centrally across the varied media.

The company is no stranger to TV series either, as they developed the Rabbids Invasion TV series in 2013. I am sure that if the Assassin's Creed TV series were to take off, it would open the door for its other varied IPs, such as Watch Dogs, Far Cry, and the Tom Clancy games. It can only be in Ubisoft's best interests to try and make this alternative revenue stream a reality for all of its franchises.

Conclusion

http://i.imgur.com/rSW18Dp.png

Very few IPs last for ten years, and it is testament to the strength of the franchise that it has made it this far. With the upcoming movie, the expansion of associated comics/novels, a theme park, and numerous collectibles - even outside of the game series, Assassin's Creed is continually expanding. A TV series is just the next logical step in my view. If the games really are to take on multi year release schedules, I cannot think of a better medium to experience the IP whilst we are waiting. With much smaller production times and costs than games or movies, a TV series could continue the narrative on an annual basis with relative ease. As a regular viewer of far too many TV shows, I hold hope that my beloved Assassin's Creed joins their ranks soon, and even more new fans can come on board to this great franchise.

col_96
04-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Love the idea!

A TV show could be awesome if done properly.

Also, Otso Berg = Manu Bennett is a brilliant idea <3

ERICATHERINE
04-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Wow. Great work on that thread, sorrosyss. I only hope the movie like a tv serie be better than ac ascendance. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching it. Thing is it do not follow the game path. What I mean is in the game of ac brotherhood, de Valois die in his own fortress while in ac ascendance he die in some sort of roman ruin in the middle of nowhere.

So, actually, what I mean is I hope they follow the lore. ^-^

ze_topazio
04-02-2016, 10:23 PM
I've always said AC could work better as a tv series than as a movie.

joshoolhorst
04-02-2016, 11:13 PM
As much as I love this, great casting BTW I would like to have a Assassin's Creed Netflix series. But I don't want the Juno plot going on forever.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-03-2016, 02:41 PM
I would love an AC TV show/series, but of course, they have to do it right and remain faithful to the AC series in general/

Theres so many ways they can go about this, and of course, like the previous post, I really just want the Juno plot to hurry up and end, if it can.

Great thread as always, Sorro :)

Black_Widow9
04-04-2016, 12:08 AM
This is so well thought out! Thanks for posting Sorrosyss. :D

phoenix-force411
04-04-2016, 03:05 AM
I think it'd be a great idea, and Ubisoft should do it but the only thing that's holding me back from actually wanting it is the reputation of the franchise. Right now, they don't actually have the best reputation. Almost everything new that is Assassin's Creed is immediately met with backlash, and with how bad the Chronicles' secret ending was it's not going to get any better. However, I think it'd be a great success despite everything, but AC needs to redeem itself after the amount of negativity it has accumulated recently. There's just too much to not like AC. Seriously, 3 years have gone by and the series hasn't gone anywhere yet. Not to mention those new books that are for middle school or whatever that "will" be canon. Oh gosh.

LoyalACFan
04-05-2016, 10:24 AM
Even if I don't agree with the premise, I always have to give you props for incredibly detailed and well-conceived posts, Sorrosyss :)

I mean, I'd be fine with the idea, if the AC brand wasn't already so oversaturated. We've already got over a dozen games, a movie, tie-in products out the ***, and more in the pipeline, so I don't know if a TV series on top of all that would be the right move. I'd rather get a solid bedrock in GAMES first; the last few have been lackluster, and I'd like to see that change before we go expanding the franchise into new frontiers.

dxsxhxcx
04-05-2016, 12:15 PM
AC has a great premise for a TV series but I'll have to agree with Loyal here, they should stop milking this franchise and focus on the games.

Sushiglutton
04-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Should let the people behind Daredevil make it!

Ubi-Banshee
04-05-2016, 02:12 PM
I absolutely LOVE your casting for this, spot on all the way through (Eliza Taylor as Galina Voronina <3 )! Thanks for sharing all your ideas, this is immensely well thought out. :)

Plastinkalian
04-05-2016, 02:35 PM
WOW! I'm excited, I'm interested how did they collect so many actors similar to the main characters! Great work, I can not even imagine how much work were done!:eek:

Sorrosyss
04-09-2016, 02:32 PM
This is so well thought out! Thanks for posting Sorrosyss. :D

Thanks for reading!

I think it'd be a great idea, and Ubisoft should do it but the only thing that's holding me back from actually wanting it is the reputation of the franchise. Right now, they don't actually have the best reputation. Almost everything new that is Assassin's Creed is immediately met with backlash, and with how bad the Chronicles' secret ending was it's not going to get any better. However, I think it'd be a great success despite everything, but AC needs to redeem itself after the amount of negativity it has accumulated recently. There's just too much to not like AC. Seriously, 3 years have gone by and the series hasn't gone anywhere yet. Not to mention those new books that are for middle school or whatever that "will" be canon. Oh gosh.

The obvious answer to this is to make sure the series has a decent budget, and a competent proven cast and crew. Of course, thats easier said than done.

Even if I don't agree with the premise, I always have to give you props for incredibly detailed and well-conceived posts, Sorrosyss :)

I mean, I'd be fine with the idea, if the AC brand wasn't already so oversaturated. We've already got over a dozen games, a movie, tie-in products out the ***, and more in the pipeline, so I don't know if a TV series on top of all that would be the right move. I'd rather get a solid bedrock in GAMES first; the last few have been lackluster, and I'd like to see that change before we go expanding the franchise into new frontiers.

Thanks. Indeed, things would be boring if everyone agreed with each other. Hehe. I do agree that the games need to take the main focus from Ubisoft at the moment. Any long term fan can see that there has been a gradual decline. I like to think that a completely seperate team for the TV show could still do a good job without interfering with the affairs of the game production teams, but that might be me just being optimistic.

AC has a great premise for a TV series but I'll have to agree with Loyal here, they should stop milking this franchise and focus on the games.

With a movie coming, its going to expand its reach beyond the games for sure. Though I suppose that is dependent on the success of the movie. They are already planning a sequel though supposedly.

Should let the people behind Daredevil make it!

Oh, I would love that. I'm a huge fan of the show, and the fight scenes in it are so realistic and brutal. Perfect for AC.

I absolutely LOVE your casting for this, spot on all the way through (Eliza Taylor as Galina Voronina <3 )! Thanks for sharing all your ideas, this is immensely well thought out. :)

Thanks! I can imagine the topic has probably been brought up amongst the halls of Ubisoft before, but I hope this thread at least got staff talking about the possibility once more. :)

RinoTheBouncer
04-13-2016, 10:00 AM
I truly love this thread and the way you dissected every bit of the franchise and the aspects you would like see in the TV show. My favorite part is matching characters with actors, and you've done a great job. I'd be all over a Galina played by Eliza Taylor!

I actually felt like Assassin's Creed is perfect for a T.V. show style, because the games from ACI up until ACIV had that TV Show feeling where everything is connected and every installment is ending with a cliffhanger, leaving you hungry for the next episode. So I think a TV Show would definitely work, if they know how to pick the perfect story, the settings, the characters, the cast and the events.

I think it would be great if we don't stick to one historical setting, but instead, check out multiple ones, each episode (or few episodes) focusing on one setting, and then moving on to the other, while significantly progressing the modern day and Isu plots.

PJ_Hasham308
05-17-2016, 04:47 AM
I love this idea it's very well thought out. I always thought Assassin's Creed would make a great TV series. I really like your casting choices. I think Gavin's team travelling around the world onboard the Altair II, helping out Assassin cells and trying to evade the Templars would make a great modern day story, however if they plan to beef up their roles in the games it might restrict what they can do on the show. So in that case maybe they should create a new modern day team that does their own thing with the possibilities of crossovers with characters from the games, comics and movies.

I think the season should be 10 - 13 episodes. With each season focusing on an Assassin from the past. I feel this would give us enough time to connect to the historical Assassin and give the writers enough time to really flesh them out and make them a unique 3 dimensional character as opposed to a new historical setting each episode. That way instead of spreading the budget trying to realise a number of historical settings it could be used to make the one each season look amazing with real sets and quality costumes and limited TV quality CGI.

If you cast the modern day team as a racially diverse cast you have the possibilities to go to any historical time period in history (or pre history).

It would also be great as we could have settings that might not translate well to the games such as the Wild West or 1800's Australian Colonies etc but they would work great on TV.

Imagine all the fans every year getting hyped to find out which part of history will be explored on the newest season of Assassin's Creed.

ERICATHERINE
05-17-2016, 05:39 AM
I would surely watch each season, if they would be made like you say. Also, welcome to the forum. ^-^

cawatrooper9
05-17-2016, 02:41 PM
As much as I love this, great casting BTW I would like to have a Assassin's Creed Netflix series. But I don't want the Juno plot going on forever.

Yeah, at this point I don't think I would trust anyone with the series except for Netflix (or HBO, but I doubt that would happen).

I think the biggest strength of this idea is that it would allow for a ton of exploring of different eras, and I absolutely love that. However, that may be its biggest weakness, as going to any era would cause production to skyrocket. Being unable to completely cannibalize those assets by sticking to a single era would be even worse on the wallet.

Not that it's not possible. Doctor Who has done past sequences pretty well. Game of Thrones episodes are absolutely film quality these days. I guess I'm just thinking we're going to get less Westeros and more Terra Nova.

To be honest, though, I'm not overly impressed with the hazy version of Spain that we've seen in the trailers so far. Like I've said in previous threads, if there's even any debate over whether the film or the video game looks better, that's a problem.

Abelzorus-Prime
05-25-2016, 02:02 AM
Great thread, I actually made a shorter post about this topic sometime ago on the subreddit but this is much more detailed. I actually think the cast was spot on I can't think of any actors better at the moment.

For a TV series I personally think it would be better for the budget and quality of the series to have one historical setting each season instead of each episode. I wouldn't like the "setting of the week" type show as I would also want the historical characters to be fully fleshed out and not underdeveloped. I also think it would be perfect on Netflix.

ERICATHERINE
07-05-2016, 05:18 AM
With no new ac game this year and with only a movie and some books replacing them, I wondered what ubisoft could make for the fans to make make up with the lack of story.

Then, I thought "what about a tv series". Thing is, I only see good points on that subject.

Each seasons could fill the gap of Assassin's creed, since from now on, it seems we will only get a game for 2 years of waiting.

The idea I have for a tv serie would great.

In the the md, we could see the the life of Desmond's son, reliving the life of Aita, after he has been saved by the Assassins. We could also see his relationship with his grand parents evolve while he learn about his dad saving the world from the solar flare. Then as the seasons pass, we could see him remembering about Aita. After his first memories coming to him, he could think it's the bleeding effect, but soon stat to think it's more than just that. In the lasts seasons, we could see him as he would not be sure if he should continu with the Assassins or lead the instruments of the first will as he would wait for Juno to return. Would he choose Juno or his grand parents. I'll let ubisoft decide.

In the past days, on the other hand, as I said, we would see the life of Aita, in the Isu era. In the first seasons, we would see Aita before he met Juno, eventually meeting her and falling in love with her. Then as the seasons will pass, we will get to see the war humain vs isu. As the war seasons goes on, we could see some easter egg, like Minerva cloth, Evie can use, or Aita pursuing them after having seen them take the apple resulting in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-bibDttnQE

Then, in the last seasons, we could see how what we saw in this video, came to occure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd-wg6WsTmI

...which would also show how Aita actually was able to become multiple sage throughout history.

After Desmond's son would learn about Aita being a sage, he would instantly know, he is one of them.

What do you think about my idea? Do you also have an idea of a great tv serie about ac? ^-^

joshoolhorst
11-10-2016, 10:35 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-in-talks-with-netflix-for-a-series-ceo-say/1100-6445231/

Sweety darling it might become real
http://66.media.tumblr.com/4cb7ce21ec26262363b452e685a2c747/tumblr_mtjq30nGOR1qe6xyeo1_500.gif

But please kill Juno before this becomes a thing with AC which probably will

joshoolhorst
11-10-2016, 11:04 PM
https://dontfeedthegamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Assassins-Creed.jpg

Sorrosyss
03-11-2017, 10:12 PM
So. At Pax East just now, it was confirmed on the AC Movie panel that they are "looking into opportunities for an Assassin's Creed television series". I know its early days, and as stated will be a few years away, but I do believe this is the format that the IP will shine in - even more than the movies. Still, I was really thrilled to hear this!

joshoolhorst
03-11-2017, 11:26 PM
So. At Pax East just now, it was confirmed on the AC Movie panel that they are "looking into opportunities for an Assassin's Creed television series". I know its early days, and as stated will be a few years away, but I do believe this is the format that the IP will shine in - even more than the movies. Still, I was really thrilled to hear this!

Link?

FeakFrost
03-12-2017, 03:52 AM
I mean they can always bring AC into different medium, but the real question is, can they make it good? there's no use if they just did it for a purpose of getting AC being more recognizable and for just marketing to the game, it needs be good and brings it to a wider audience, the movie was already a sign that they didn't really respect the newcomers but to only serve a fan service, and it has gotten low reviews across all critics, and that's not good.

joshoolhorst
03-13-2017, 06:48 PM
Ubisoft was talking with Netflix about a show and they cancelled Marco Polo which cost them 200 million for two seasons

RVSage
03-13-2017, 10:40 PM
Finally :) I always felt it will make a terrific series over a movie. If netflix is backing it, then no question on production value.

Sorrosyss
03-18-2017, 11:09 AM
Link?

Well I saw it live on the Twitch Stream, but it can be seen on this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?a=&v=WmFODOd__Vc&feature=youtu.be

BlueNoctisXIII
03-21-2017, 09:14 PM
I recently got a taste of Netflix watching Daredevil's first 3 episodes, and i have to say........Assassin's Creed, done right, could definitely kill on Netflix (or at least do better than the movie).

joshoolhorst
03-23-2017, 04:51 PM
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-tv-series-is-on-the-way/1100-6448906/
SERIOUSLY NOBODY POSTED THIS?
Assassin's Creed TV Series Is On The Way
Could it be the previously discussed Netflix project?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toUr4KA-bCs

SixKeys
03-23-2017, 10:23 PM
Nothing there we didn't already know. To say they're even "working" on the series yet is misleading, as Aymar only said they're still negotiating.

ERICATHERINE
03-30-2017, 06:02 AM
I just posted this video in another thread, but at the end, there is a "news" about about a ac tv serie with a question Sorrosyss asked.

Oh, Sorrosyss. How could you not tell us such thing. :rolleyes:

Check from 3:41 to the end. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWL_sIEXAYY

Sorrosyss
03-30-2017, 09:33 AM
Mmm yeah. That AMA was really good, we learned alot. I think most of us suspected it to be live action, and it does appear to be going that way. Nothing is certain yet though, as Aymar said. :)

BlueNoctisXIII
03-30-2017, 01:40 PM
Mmm yeah. That AMA was really good, we learned alot. I think most of us suspected it to be live action, and it does appear to be going that way. Nothing is certain yet though, as Aymar said. :)

I seriously hope it is Live Action, i don't know about you but i got hooked up with Daredevil and i really want a Netflix AC series with a similar tone, and they practically guarantee a second season, all the better if it turns out to be good (even if that doesn't seem likely), they need a really good showrunner and Aymar needs to oversee everything so there aren't any continuity errors (looking at you, AC movie).

ERICATHERINE
03-30-2017, 03:35 PM
I seriously hope it is Live Action, i don't know about you but i got hooked up with Daredevil and i really want a Netflix AC series with a similar tone, and they practically guarantee a second season, all the better if it turns out to be good (even if that doesn't seem likely), they need a really good showrunner and Aymar needs to oversee everything so there aren't any continuity errors (looking at you, AC movie).

That is of course IF the ac tv serie will actually about the ac movie. I mean, sure, it could show Callum or some other characters of the ac movie, but maybe it will simply be 1 or more easter eggs with a second movie being the real continuity.

Look at marvel, agent of the Shield. I finnished watching season 2 a while ago and just like season 1, there was barely 1 marvel super hero (apart from the inhumans, of course). The only character we can count as a real marvel super hero that appeared only 2 times in a total of 2 seasons is that woman from the Thor movie which, in this tv serie is more like a Thor easter egg than something else (at least to my eyes). Sure, the title is agent of the Shield, but we don't have a clue about whom story we'll be watch in an ac tv serie. Sure it could be about Callum, but it could be about Galina, Charlotte or another random Assassin like the crew members of the Altair ii, for a quick exemple. It could also be, even if it's less likely, about Templars like Rikkins daugther or Otso Berg or even about Desmond's son. Who knows, it could even be about an all new character that would be introduced to this millennium wars just like Callum was sort of new to it in the ac movie.

After all, it seems they aren't even sure if the movie will be a 3d cartoon like embers or something else. ^-^

BlueNoctisXIII
03-31-2017, 12:11 AM
Being completely honest with you, after re-watching the AC movie today i'd rather not see Callum and Co. unless there's a sequel to the movie or in comics.

I want the TV series to be about a new character, self contained, whether it be an outsider being influenced by both Assassins and/or Templars, or an Assassin struggling to survive (i'd rather have the former), with occasional nods to current events. No need for established characters to appear (except Shaun, since Danny Wallace already looks like Shaun, or rather the inverse), and i think it would be very hard to implement Charlotte and/or Galina into the series. Hopefully they make the character human (Callum wasn't as complex as i would have liked, and the Assassins in the movie look borderline inhuman).

I may be asking too much though.

KevinMurphy
03-31-2017, 04:29 AM
I highly doubt the tv show would have any direct connection with the movie. There is nothing to suggest that, and I don't know why anyone would think that. The show probably won't come out until 2020 at the earliest. By then, who knows where AC will be at. Like Marvel's Universe, all the show's are separate, but connected.

LoyalACFan
03-31-2017, 11:05 AM
Being completely honest with you, after re-watching the AC movie today i'd rather not see Callum and Co. unless there's a sequel to the movie or in comics.

I want the TV series to be about a new character, self contained, whether it be an outsider being influenced by both Assassins and/or Templars, or an Assassin struggling to survive (i'd rather have the former), with occasional nods to current events. No need for established characters to appear (except Shaun, since Danny Wallace already looks like Shaun, or rather the inverse), and i think it would be very hard to implement Charlotte and/or Galina into the series. Hopefully they make the character human (Callum wasn't as complex as i would have liked, and the Assassins in the movie look borderline inhuman).

I may be asking too much though.

Callum definitely won't be in it (unless it's a guest-star thing or whatever) because there's no way Michael Fassbender will want to sign on to a potentially years-long commitment at the peak of his film career.

ERICATHERINE
03-31-2017, 09:58 PM
Callum definitely won't be in it (unless it's a guest-star thing or whatever) because there's no way Michael Fassbender will want to sign on to a potentially years-long commitment at the peak of his film career.

Yea, like I said, if Callum is in the tv serie, it will surely only be as an easter egg. ^-^

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-01-2017, 06:30 PM
A TV series? Hmm, I'm cautious yet curious at the same time.

I wouldn't mind a TV series as long as it stays true to the AC franchise like the movie did.

BlueNoctisXIII
04-02-2017, 02:27 AM
A TV series? Hmm, I'm cautious yet curious at the same time.

I wouldn't mind a TV series as long as it stays true to the AC franchise like the movie did.

I don't want the TV series to be like the movie, i want it to be more grounded on reality, with real drama.

After being burned by the movie after being healthily optimistic, i don't want to risk it again, but i will give it a chance.

joshoolhorst
07-05-2017, 11:47 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/05/assassins-creed-anime-announced-by-castlevania-netflix-producer?abthid=595cb5c5f0e8cb637d000003

ASSASSIN'S CREED ANIME ANNOUNCED BY CASTLEVANIA NETFLIX PRODUCER

Adi Shankar, the producer of Netflix's upcoming Castlevania Netflix show, has revealed that he will be creating an anime set in the Assassin's Creed universe.

Speaking on Facebook, Shankar didn't give any concrete details about a release date, characters or a setting - all we kn ow at this point is that Ubisoft has asked him to create an original story.
https://www.facebook.com/bootleguniverse/photos/a.1595984600635168.1073741829.1425430891023874/1948783532021938/?type=3

cawatrooper9
07-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Seems like an interesting direction to go, but anime has worked for videogames in the past, especially considering the almost stigma of live action game movies now.

Even the Halo anime series was pretty good. I guess we'll see how Castlevania does, might give us a better idea on how AC could be adapted.

Elder-Kalakta
07-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Interesting.

I wonder if they will explore some First Civilisation flashbacks through the anime like how Halo showed us moments of the Forerunner era. They could easily show clips of the war between humans and Isu. Also Pieces of Eden like the swords could work quite well in an anime format.

RVSage
07-05-2017, 09:08 PM
If done right this could be awesome, I am looking forward to this

ze_topazio
07-05-2017, 09:57 PM
Not anime unless is done in Japan, this will be a cartoon.

Sorrosyss
07-05-2017, 11:46 PM
Whilst its not the live action show I was hoping for, this is a positive. I hope it is received well, as it will lead to other TV projects in the franchise hopefully.

Japan seems a ridiculously obvious setting...

joshoolhorst
07-06-2017, 11:05 PM
How long does it take to develop a Anime... Which is canon to the AC universe?

ze_topazio
07-08-2017, 12:40 AM
How long does it take to develop a Anime... Which is canon to the AC universe?

11 months, 10 days, 9 hours, 8 minutes, 7 seconds and 6 milliseconds give it or take it.

joshoolhorst
08-18-2017, 11:35 PM
I don't know if I mentioned this but after watching Castlevania I fully trust this guy to produce the show.
I do give Castlevania a 6,5/10 though most of the humor was plain bad and it was way to short which must be compliment because you want more and I demand a season 2 which I am going to get:)
I have never played a Castlevania game and I could follow it and the fans loved it to which is a good thing.
But it did give me a idea they should like Castlevania make a few Episodes and test it and not 4 Episodes each 20 minutes no I think 8 Episodes and each 40 minutes should be fine and oke and if the season is good give it 13 Episodes each season.

BTW does anyone know one Anime that has 30/40 minutes length time for each Episode?

polaris71
08-22-2017, 06:07 PM
Just a series of different assassins stories would be nice. one per assassin

joshoolhorst
09-26-2017, 12:59 PM
I just watched a video on the most expensive TV shows ever made and alot of them are historical, not really that surprised I understand why they first went with animation it's way cheaper.

cawatrooper9
09-26-2017, 02:25 PM
I just watched a video on the most expensive TV shows ever made and alot of them are historical, not really that surprised I understand why they first went with animation it's way cheaper.

Absolutely. When your setting requires significant special effects, you're gonna see that budget ramp up. That's why shows that put in that extra burst of effort like Game of Thrones (which has budgets similar to feature length films) stand out among smaller budget productions (many of which are just filmed in a wooded area). It's a gamble, but (at least in GOT's case) it's paid off well.

joshoolhorst
12-24-2017, 08:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqxoMcYjI5o

14:11 Assassin's Creed Anime talk
No real news but it's something much more than the movie released in 1 year of it's development:

-He sees AC more as a family legacy thing more like the Belmonths from Castlevania and he uses Game of Thrones as a example because that is the Stark family drama... P ersonally don't like the Game of Thrones reference thing but I do where he is coming from AC has a family theme that has been existing since AC2 untill as of right now.
-He finds the ideology of the Assassin's and Templars really interesting and is one of the main reasons why he is appeaped towards AC.

What we also know according to his older post it is supposed to take place in the AC canon so that is nice to but he hasn't talked about how he feels about the hole lore but ooh well that might spoiler things XD.
There is one article that says he will start on it after Castlevania is done and the article says that is a multi year deal... Dear God if that is true why even annouce it as of right now?
I hope he doesn't make it to... Violent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb8gv8YYs_o
I don't want to see arms, legs and heads rolling of in the series or feel like Game of thrones they are ****ing different people I see the connection with the setting but they are different.