PDA

View Full Version : Love this game....never played any Far Cry's before

cimerians
03-29-2016, 04:14 PM
Primal is my first Far Cry game, I bought it because I like Skyrim type "old" historic or fantasy games (RPG's etc). I also like playing FPS games too.

Just wanted to say this game has me hooked completely. I went ahead and picked up Farcry 3 on Steam and tried it and was amazed by the initial storyline and familiar mechanics (red, blue, yellow plants, towers etc). Just played a little bit into it since I'm still working on Primal.

I know the first two games are somewhat different from what I read, but just wondering which ones might be worth playing other than 3?

Also, if Ubisoft reads this, please look into making more Far Cry offshoots like Primal. Its very well done, having a blast.

vic_must_play
04-01-2016, 11:12 AM
I may be wrong but I think the Primal setting may be encouraging some folk to consider Far Cry who never went there before whilst in some instances sadly putting off some of the gun obsessed. I have played all the Far Cry games FC1 on PC, FC2 and 3 on Xbox, FC4 on Xbox and then PS4 and now Primal on PS4. I consider Primal as good a game as any of the others although at first I felt it came in a bit content light. With the addition of the Survival Mode and I am still hoping at least one future paid DLC single player game expansion I think this could become one of my favourites. I say one because I enjoy the gunplay too and think Primal has slightly diffrent merits to say FC3 and 4. A too direct comparision of one game against the other does not completely compute in my head. They are equally good titles within the bounds of when they were made, what they do and where they are set.

omdunor
04-01-2016, 05:43 PM
Primal is my first Far Cry game, I bought it because I like Skyrim type "old" historic or fantasy games (RPG's etc). I also like playing FPS games too.

Just wanted to say this game has me hooked completely. I went ahead and picked up Farcry 3 on Steam and tried it and was amazed by the initial storyline and familiar mechanics (red, blue, yellow plants, towers etc). Just played a little bit into it since I'm still working on Primal.

I know the first two games are somewhat different from what I read, but just wondering which ones might be worth playing other than 3?

Also, if Ubisoft reads this, please look into making more Far Cry offshoots like Primal. Its very well done, having a blast.

Hi,just a few words to tell you that if you like Primal,you are most lkely going to love Farcry 4,exactly the same map but in modern days with today's upgradable weapons and unlike primal,you can manage your pack by selling most of the items you are not using or needing (in primal you can't even drop articles to make room for new finds on missions...Big mistake from the conceptors either voluntary or not )
Oh! And don't be surprise if "vic_must_write" writes a hole bible (extensive meaningless blabering) about my comment or anything else for that matter...
This guy seems to want to see is name stuck to every thread on the forums main page... (just like HorTyS )LOL

Thorbert910
04-02-2016, 04:42 AM
Was the pack more limited in the previous versions, as in you could only carry so many items total, not like Primal's massive bag? I never played any of the previous Far Crys either. What got me to get this one was the "no guns" concept, sometimes when you play several first person shooters I think they start to feel the same after a while. Could just be my limited experience with ones from years ago though.

cimerians
04-02-2016, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the info....I put Farcry 4 on my wish list and will check out the older games on PC. Will look for mods for the older games.

Can't believe I missed out on these all these years. Not sure what didn't pull me in before, think it was "oh thats just another shooter" type of thing.

jeannaq
04-02-2016, 05:36 AM

If you liked what you saw in 3, you will like 4 as well. Personally I liked 4 more than 3 as I preferred the mountainous terrain compared to the islands. Both of them share a very similar formula, and they both have a lot in common with Primal so you shouldn't have any difficulty getting into them. Also you get a bow in both 3 and 4 so you get a very familiar weapon.

Was the pack more limited in the previous versions, as in you could only carry so many items total, not like Primal's massive bag? I never played any of the previous Far Crys either. What got me to get this one was the "no guns" concept, sometimes when you play several first person shooters I think they start to feel the same after a while. Could just be my limited experience with ones from years ago though.

In 3 and 4 the packs start out fairly small, but with a couple animal skins they get progressively larger. So if you don't much like that you don't have to upgrade the size of them.

HorTyS
04-13-2016, 09:59 PM
Hi,just a few words to tell you that if you like Primal,you are most likely going to love Farcry 4,exactly the same map but in modern days with today's upgradable weapons and unlike primal,you can manage your pack by selling most of the items you are not using or needing (in primal you can't even drop articles to make room for new finds on missions...Big mistake from the conceptors either voluntary or not )
Oh! And don't be surprise if "vic_must_write" writes a whole bible (extensive meaningless blabbering) about my comment or anything else for that matter...
This guy seems to want to see is name stuck to every thread on the forums main page...LOL

I agree vic's posts can go on a bit, but unlike yours they're mostly informative and never hostile or written with spite or malice.