PDA

View Full Version : Battleship Damage

TheKingofStyle
01-11-2004, 02:04 PM
My friend and I have a dogfight map he set up that we use for playing around. There is a discrepancy between the damage battleships take in the dogfight game versus the Quick Mission builder.

If we take an IL-2T with the torpedo, it takes around 6-8 torpedo hits to sink a battleship. However, in the QMB, it only takes 2 hits to sink them.

Any ideas why this is the case?
Thanks!

TheKingofStyle
01-11-2004, 02:04 PM
My friend and I have a dogfight map he set up that we use for playing around. There is a discrepancy between the damage battleships take in the dogfight game versus the Quick Mission builder.

If we take an IL-2T with the torpedo, it takes around 6-8 torpedo hits to sink a battleship. However, in the QMB, it only takes 2 hits to sink them.

Any ideas why this is the case?
Thanks!

Fennec_P
01-11-2004, 08:22 PM
There is a bug that causes ships in multiplayer to sometimes not take damage when struck by a torpedoes or bombs.

I've seen transport ships online being hit with as many as 7 or 8 torpedoes, and still float.

ElAurens
01-11-2004, 08:33 PM
This is truely frustrating. One torpedo amidships should sink any freighter in FB. If you look at one after a torpedo hit it clearly has a huge hole in both sides of the vessel, yet it will not sink....

http://www.blitzpigs.com/forum/images/avatars/Curtiss_logo.gif

BlitzPig_EL

TheKingofStyle
01-11-2004, 09:10 PM
I guess it's the latest "super-buoyancy" technology. Haven't you heard of it? :-)

Thanks!