PDA

View Full Version : X1 Multiplayer: Can't join any online game

DelwinJones
03-24-2016, 11:30 PM
Hello,

my friend and me can't join any online game on Xbox One. We already got this problem in the beta. I think that most of the people from this thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1413869-Issue-Multiplayer-Cannot-join-an-online-game got the same problem in the final version of Trackmania Turbo like my friend and me.

Hope that it will be fixed soon so we can enjoy Trackmania Turbo multiplayer too.

underscore76
03-25-2016, 02:21 AM
Again wanted to chime in that I've tried all the port forwarding/DMZ/unlink and relink strategies and still have this problem as well.

Hoping to get a fix, because I love the single player but would like to play with my friends online.

Thanks

Kivi1118
03-25-2016, 10:39 AM
Same here, all ports are open, but still not work. I bought it last night especially for multiplayer. I had no problem with the closed beta.

Ubi-Alinoa
03-25-2016, 11:01 AM
If you restart your console, does it fix your issue?

Kivi1118
03-25-2016, 11:05 AM
No, hardreset, restart of my router and everything from the FAQ doesn't help.

GPLegends
03-25-2016, 02:33 PM
Same problem here. I tried everything recommended but can't join any game room.
The roomlist is shown without any delay but joining not possible.

Kivi1118
03-25-2016, 03:53 PM
If you restart your console, does it fix your issue?

Any news here? I am very disappointed about this. This is the second Ubisoft game after R6|S within four month with multiplayer/online problems - also with more than one beta.

Smabian
03-25-2016, 04:02 PM
Same problem here.
Everything was working yesterday, but I am not able to join any rooms since today.

DPS Lunetikk
03-25-2016, 06:51 PM
Tried all things recommended here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1413869-Issue-Multiplayer-Cannot-join-an-online-game/page3
I still cant play online and like I said in this beta thread, I really dont think it is a network problem caused by my router or xbox...

Tjoddlas
03-25-2016, 08:33 PM
same here. cant join any online room

masterhouse
03-26-2016, 05:23 PM
Same situation here! going on since beta. Paid good money and I cant play this game.

Ojuzu
03-26-2016, 08:35 PM
Same issue as all the others. Can't connect 99 percent of the time. But I have connected a few times.

This needs to be fixed. You buy Trackmania for multiplayer not single-player...

Kivi1118
03-27-2016, 06:22 PM
No answer after 2 days, great Support. If you can't support a game on easter days, then don't release it one day before. 40 EUR for a boring game and a campaign without leaderboards, the game make no sense actually.

MightyPipe
03-27-2016, 08:02 PM
Hi,
I bought this game today and got the same Problem:"Could not create a connection to track mania servers. Please try again later or go to support.ubi.com".
Its kinda pissin me off, I dont pay cash for a Game which isnt working at all.

XSeddon
03-27-2016, 08:34 PM
Get the same here, Manchester UK.
PING is fine. Can connect to 1 in 20 games.
Can't connect to the room I created, just get Waiting Masterserver at about 45%, then it fails to load.

MightyPipe
03-28-2016, 02:12 PM
I think I will return this game, I tryed everything but nothing seems to help.
-Opening Ports
-Restart Router
-Switched between WLAN and LAN
-Reinstalled Game

40€ are too much for a Game which works to 50%

magnetik.org
03-28-2016, 03:04 PM
Do you have any settings on your firewall/router that may lead to not allowing to connect to port 2350-2400 ?

Moreover, could you give some detail like:
- Your country
- Your ISP
- Your router reference

MightyPipe
03-28-2016, 08:41 PM
I looked all over, didnt look like it has a Firewall.

Germany
O2
my router is a FRITZ!Box 7490

Ojuzu
03-29-2016, 05:36 AM
Still can't connect to any online games. Made sure all the standard Xbox ports are open and NAT is open

USA
Xfinity/Comcast
Technicolor TC8305C modem/router

indieslaw
03-29-2016, 07:18 AM
Same here, for what it's worth.

meta7155
03-29-2016, 09:59 AM
Same Problem here location Germany. Sadly I had not tested the functionality in the Demo I would have not bought this game.

magnetik.org
03-30-2016, 08:34 AM
Hi,

On your Xone when you run the detailed network statistics, what's your MTU, and do you experience any packet loss ?

In your router configuration, I would advise you to try to lower your MTU to values like 1472, 1450 or even 1400.
Also DISABLE any configuration regarding "QOS"

Thanks

Jense82
03-30-2016, 07:36 PM
Hey I finally got the solution for me!!!Im from Germany and my ISP is O2.Seems like the DNS Services on my Router were not working correctly.I changed my DNS Server in the X1 Settings to 8.8.8.8 and the Alternative to 8.8.4.4.(Google due to the massive of Webpages) Then i did a Hard reset on the X1...started the Game and Online Multiplayer is WORKING;-) Hope I can help anyone with the same Problem.
Greetings and have Fun on the Game!!!!!!!!

Kivi1118
03-30-2016, 08:10 PM
Hey I finally got the solution for me!!!Im from Germany and my ISP is O2.Seems like the DNS Services on my Router were not working correctly.I changed my DNS Server in the X1 Settings to 8.8.8.8 and the Alternative to 8.8.4.4.(Google due to the massive of Webpages) Then i did a Hard reset on the X1...started the Game and Online Multiplayer is WORKING;-) Hope I can help anyone with the same Problem.
Greetings and have Fun on the Game!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much, I can't believe that this works.

Edit: After last night, it was broken again, after another hardreset, it works again.

d0n hureTTe
03-31-2016, 05:50 PM
@ Jense82 :
UNBELIEVABLE !!!
It works fine...
Thank you very much !!! :D

SK doKtor
04-01-2016, 11:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JEC22ZZEIE

Hi, if you can’t join any online game on XBOX ONE, PS4 or PC,
you need to do the following 2 things to enjoy the multiplayer:

XBOX ONE:
Go to: Settings - Network - Advanced settings - DNS settings - Primary DNS: 208 67 222 222
- Secondary DNS: 4 2 2 4

Now you're using the google DNS, this can also make your ping better for every online game

Then go to Alternate MAC address - delete

This will delete your cache and restart your console

After this start Trackmania Turbo and enjoy the game!!!

This also work for PC and PS4, check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4p2oYdlxXU

meta7155
04-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Sorry Guy, but I can join and host any other game. My NAT is open and I have zero problems regarding other games. Now a Game for 40 Euros comes along and wants me to fiddle with my Networksetting to play online?

Well no, I am not fiddling again with my Network Settings! It is not my task to do that! It is the task of the programmers to make it work in a closed environment like Xbox-Live. I am now trying to get a refund

joyrider3774
04-05-2016, 09:46 AM
Sorry Guy, but I can join and host any other game. My NAT is open and I have zero problems regarding other games. Now a Game for 40 Euros comes along and wants me to fiddle with my Networksetting to play online?

Well no, I am not fiddling again with my Network Settings! It is not my task to do that! It is the task of the programmers to make it work in a closed environment like Xbox-Live. I am now trying to get a refund

No it actually is not, they can't account for anything you do with your own network. If you block some ports or mess up some settings or your router by default does something fishy they can't account for that and you do have to try to do this on your own

Also sometimes it's not even your network but your isp's fault (the dns server changing fix is due to your isp or you specifying some other dns server that's fishy).

For example i'm from Belgium, i have a bbox2 working as a dumb (dsl) modem connected to my tplink router (doing the pppoe) where my ps4 is connected to. If i connect my ps4 using lan and dhcp to my tplink router everything seems to work for my ps4 yet syncing trophies Always fails nomatter what i try. If i omit my tplink router and connect directly to the modem and set my ps4 to do pppoe itselve everything works.This is while everything else on my network just works. This is probably my routers fault.

It's not about this game, but does illustrate that just some some router or network setup does have an impact on consoles / games.

Isp can have dns servers with caches that are not updated for example and specifying a dns like google's or opendns on the console itselve quickly checks if that's a problem

meta7155
04-05-2016, 02:16 PM
No it actually is not, they can't account for anything you do with your own network. If you block some ports or mess up some settings or your router by default does something fishy they can't account for that and you do have to try to do this on your own

My friend, I like to put it as friendly as I can :-)

My Network has my Xbox One in the DMZ, so all ports are open, it also can be pinged from the outside. So every port is as open as it can be. Every game, even the crappy CoD Series runs without any Problems. Xbox Live is a closed Environment, and that environment tells me, that everything is open and I am good to go.

Now a litte company, distributed by Ubisoft is comming along and tells me "Meeeh, you have to set your DNS to Google DNS Servers or you cannot play the game online" and that is BS!

The point is, that I am in the limits of a closed environment and the producer of the game has to be in these limits as well and it isn´t. Even Castle Crashers works fine and that is a Indiegame!

The Problem is, that my router is working as a DHCP-Server, so when I hack in the DNS Servers in the XBOX nothing will happen except my NAT will be screwed up bad. The Game itself is not worth it to go through all these troubles to get it to work.

For me the Devs simply screwed up!

But the good thing is, Microsoft just refunded me for the Game :-)

But greets towards Belgium (I love your Waffles) ;-)

joyrider3774
04-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Ah well no point then, but still dmz has nothing todo with dns servers, and even when you use dhcp you can change the dns servers without screwing up anything. (you can even change dns servers locally on clients so on the xbox itselve without having to modify anything from the closed environment). And changing dns servers is no hack that are just normal plain settings :) But still it's good you got your refund :)

meta7155
04-05-2016, 03:07 PM
"hack in" like put in, not "hacking".........:-D

To bad, because i like the game itself

SK doKtor
04-06-2016, 01:55 PM
If you have o2 as a provider you definitely need to change your DNS! I don't know wich else.

Try this discription here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JEC22ZZEIE

MAXxCHILLER
04-09-2016, 01:02 PM
So I am from germany and my provider is Kabel Deutschland. My NAT is open, i tried to change the DNS doesn't work for me don't no why. I hope that they fix it. Its just annoying this game lives from online play!!!

btw. the beta had the same problem

mfg Max

Andr4lphus
04-09-2016, 06:43 PM
So I am from germany and my provider is Kabel Deutschland. My NAT is open, i tried to change the DNS doesn't work for me don't no why. I hope that they fix it. Its just annoying this game lives from online play!!!

btw. the beta had the same problem

mfg Max

Bin auch bei Kabeldeutschland. Bei mir war das Problem, das der Router im IPv6 Modus war. Somit konnte ich in der Xbox den DNS Server nicht ändern, da die Xbox immer die IPv6 IP vom Router genommen hatte. Also bei Kabeldeutschland die Technischer Support Hotline anrufen. Dort einfach bitten den Router in IPv4 Modus einzustellen. Hatte bei mir keine halbe Stunde gedauert, bis der Router umgestellt wurde.

Ich hoffe ich konnte dir helfen ;)

MAXxCHILLER
04-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Bin auch bei Kabeldeutschland. Bei mir war das Problem, das der Router im IPv6 Modus war. Somit konnte ich in der Xbox den DNS Server nicht ändern, da die Xbox immer die IPv6 IP vom Router genommen hatte. Also bei Kabeldeutschland die Technischer Support Hotline anrufen. Dort einfach bitten den Router in IPv4 Modus einzustellen. Hatte bei mir keine halbe Stunde gedauert, bis der Router umgestellt wurde.

Ich hoffe ich konnte dir helfen ;)

Hi, hab den Technischen Service angerufen, leider konnten die nicht umstellen (hab eine FritzBox 6360) aber es ist möglich. Ich soll avm anrufen und die können das wohl irgendwie umstellen, muss leider bis Montag warten.

danke nochmal

Andr4lphus
04-09-2016, 10:01 PM
versuch mal den DNS Server direkt in der Fritz Box zu ändern. Hier mal ne Anleitung für deine Fritz Box https://www.kdgforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=26941

nen Versuch wert :D

notier dir aber vorsichtshalber den aktuellen DNS Server

MAXxCHILLER
04-09-2016, 10:56 PM
versuch mal den DNS Server direkt in der Fritz Box zu ändern. Hier mal ne Anleitung für deine Fritz Box https://www.kdgforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=26941

nen Versuch wert :D

notier dir aber vorsichtshalber den aktuellen DNS Server

Danke Andr4lphus!! Hat wunderbar geklappt, jetzt kann ich endlich opnline das Spiel zocken.

danke nochmal
mfg Max

Andralphus
04-09-2016, 11:51 PM
So habs auch endlich mal geschafft mich mit meinem Xbox Account hier anzumelden :D

Max bitteschön, man sieht sich online ;)

R0B1NR0CK
04-14-2016, 07:15 AM
Same problem here om Xbox one! :mad:
Google DNS works sometimes, if it doesn't work I switch to OpenDNS and then it works again....
NAT is open and Xbox One is set in DMZ btw.
Trackmania is the only game i am experiencing problems with, fix it!

leej00
04-14-2016, 10:19 PM
Same problem. It's random. I spend more time trying to connect to the servers than playing online. Please fix.

SK doKtor
04-26-2016, 10:10 AM
Try this: Settings - Network - Advanced settings - DNS settings - Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
- Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

leej00
05-22-2016, 04:29 AM
How is this still not fixed????

supermetalhea
06-05-2016, 05:57 PM
I have the same Issue.
During the first few days since the launch I had no trouble getting into online Lobbies but now I can't seem to join any lobby anymore.
I tried switching my DNS settings on my console but it didn't work. I disabled IPV6 on my Computer, afterwards I could join an online game but only once so I don't know if this was just luck.

Is there any chance this will get fixed properly ?
You should not have to mess around with your network settings to be able to play in multiplayer.