PDA

View Full Version : Is Bliss Really Dead?

PyroPaul
03-22-2016, 05:28 PM
I've noticed - there is nothing to imply Bliss is IN that helicopter that we down at the UN.

The glass is tinted so we can't see the pilot, there is no Audio as if over a loud speaker as if he was taunting us, in fact we are not given a general description of the helicopter he escapes on - only that he got on his personal helicopter and was heading south... and next thing we know, we're being attacked by a Blackhawk, and Benitez is screaming in my ear 'That's Bliss, Take him down!'

So, is there something i've missed? some missing audio file, or something which says Bliss was in that bird?

Carthalion
03-22-2016, 06:44 PM
nice spoiler title.

PhunkyMunky
03-22-2016, 08:57 PM
It's Keener that we need to be wary of... That dude's a snake. Bliss was stupid. Attacking in that Blackhawk, thinking he was going to do something. Any halfway competent general would have done a tactical withdawl and regrouped with his men, but not Bliss. He was in there and now he's gone. I'm sure of it.

But Keener... That's a dangerous man. He's cunning and he has a serious ax to grind. We've not seen the last of him, I think. He's got all of the Green Poison notes, it's digital DNA, and a plan to use it.

PyroPaul
03-22-2016, 10:09 PM
But that's the thing - Bliss Could of done exactly that - there was nothing to imply that the LMB's Main Base of Operations was in Mid-town... In fact, quiet the opposite, as their initial deployment was at the behest of Big Wall Street Companies to protect their Assets during the chaos that engulfed NYC. Which would of put their main forces smack dab in the middle of the Financial District - which is the Burroughs directly South of the playable area. Which is the last known direction Bliss was seen heading in his helicopter...

Not to mention that the LMB has access to Multiple Helicopters - as you often see a Bell 407, not the UH-60 Blackhawk, being used in dropping off or extracting LMB personal during missions.

It seems possible that he did simply withdraw to his Main Base of Operations on Wall Street while tasking a Blackhawk to engage ground targets to cover his withdrawal.

PhunkyMunky
03-22-2016, 11:58 PM
Gotta admit, you do make a good case. Maybe it was misdirection and Bliss is chugging beers to the South and planning his revenge....

Cadillac-Jack
03-24-2016, 03:03 PM
It's Keener that we need to be wary of... That dude's a snake. Bliss was stupid. Attacking in that Blackhawk, thinking he was going to do something. Any halfway competent general would have done a tactical withdawl and regrouped with his men, but not Bliss. He was in there and now he's gone. I'm sure of it.

But Keener... That's a dangerous man. He's cunning and he has a serious ax to grind. We've not seen the last of him, I think. He's got all of the Green Poison notes, it's digital DNA, and a plan to use it.

This all over I think there is more to come regarding this character plus the fact he's a Division First wave agent (all be it Rogue)

I personally think there will be a new outbreak Virus that infects what's left or a certain group making NPC's more dangerous.

PyroPaul
03-25-2016, 03:40 AM
The problem is that the game basically tells us to be wary of him... and what with his cold-blooded execution methods against those that disagree with him coupled with him having his thumb on a theoretical 'Biological Bomb' button - of course he's going to be dangerous - he is made to be dangerous.

but Bliss is the one Organized Military Threat on the Island. And while we did tap his comms, raid his armory, and capture his Supposed 'Base of Operations' in the UN... as far as we know - we could of just been assaulting a Forward Operating Base which was only being held for it's symbolic nature.

And looking through the LMB 'Found Footage' again - i would say with out a doubt Bliss Escaped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp5Yl-eLLRk

That is the USS Intrepid, an Essex-Class Carrier turned Museum, permanently anchored in the New York City Harbor. Designed to sustain naval combat, it is a veritable fortress in the city of New York, and given the Troop Density and activity, it probably is the Main Base of Operations for the LMB. Further more - if you look closely - there is a Blackhawk that lands on the carrier - which implies that the LMB has access to at least 2 Black Hack helicopters.

EdgarHighman
03-25-2016, 05:42 AM
Only if Bliss was in the heli. Also protip dont complete general assembly til lvl 30... or your weapon blueprint will be low *** useless level (mines 15 sigh...) Does that apply to all mission/sidequest blueprints?

Keener is dangerous. Always playing all the parties... Rikers, LMB, SHD, First wave and even us... Now he's doing w/e he wants with the virus... this is gonna be interesting. I hope he's not a tanky lame boss fight because he's one tricky dude. Russian consolate on Challenging introduces Agent on Agent-ish gameplay. Would like to see what keener can do besides "tanky hp" or "staged hp loss over different series of boss battle"

Fighting The End in MGS3 Snake Eater was so fun and epic to ACTUALLY hunt him down on european hardcore mode as compared to cheap ways (letting him die of old age or etc.). Fighting Quiet in MGSV not so much. What can massive bring to the table?

JayMadIV
03-25-2016, 03:37 PM
no body, no death.

when we killed Joe Ferro, we shot him and stood over his body.

when we killed Larae Barrett, we shot her and stood over her body.

when we "killed" Bliss, a helicopter blew up off in the distance.

just sayin'.

Alessential
03-25-2016, 03:54 PM
Its implied he's in there, and it makes sense character-wise. Part of the LMB's reason for turning bad was that they were left behind. Bliss wouldn't want to do this to his own men.

DarkMyste
03-29-2016, 06:17 PM

Actually keener is dead in one the echos he in shoot out with the lLMB and dies later i not going to spoil which echo it is in but you will see that he dies and its even one of the missing agents files that show where he has died

DarkMyste
03-29-2016, 06:19 PM
there incident file has a lot information as to when bliss went rogue and why as he talks to someone

jjoe4560
04-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Bliss is definitely dead. Hamish Bode confirmed it in the Incursions Twitch stream.

Sl1ckTh13f
04-05-2016, 08:40 AM
Actually keener is dead in one the echos he in shoot out with the lLMB and dies later i not going to spoil which echo it is in but you will see that he dies and its even one of the missing agents files that show where he has died

I have collected Everything, Keener is NOT dead. He Leaves you an Echo that you can't get until you complete all of the Missions.