PDA

View Full Version : PC Paul Rhodes Not at Base of Operations after Subway Morgue Tech Wing MAIN MISSION

CaptainIronaxe
03-22-2016, 04:45 PM
Completed this mission with 2 friends, one of whom lost connection prior to the final boss room fight in the Subway Morgue. The remaining two of us completed the mission while the third player was still "in group" while reconnecting. He rejoined just after we finished killing the boss and the mission dialogue continued. We proceeded to leave to the surface via the elevators as instructed. Third player caught up and took second elevator to the surface.

At this point we all returned to the Base of Operations to turn in and speak with Paul Rhodes. The third player (who DC'd) was able to complete his mission and unlock the Tech Wing. The other two of us were not and have been unable to proceed. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO UNLOCK ANY TECH WING SKILLS AT ALL MAKING THESE CHARACTERS PRETTY FLAWED.

We attempted to relog (closing The Division to desktop and relaunching) which did not fix the issue.
We attempted to run back through the mission to the end to see if we missed something (prior to mission reset, enemies were still cleared though we're unable to proceed to end due to closed doors), did not fix issue.
We attempted to reset the instance and ran through the entire mission again, completed boss fight, left via elevators with no disconnections this time through, this did not fix the issue.

Unfortunately we don't seem to have other options available to us in-game at this time.

Shebbits <- completed mission, unlocked tech wing (character whom disconnected during original run *this is an alt character*)
CaptainIronaxe (Me, unable to complete mission *this is an alt character*)
Dot****13 (Unable to complete mission *this is account's first character*)

Seems forums "corrected" the above name. Spaced each character apart: *D o t s l a g 1 3*

Are any GMs/Tech Support Reps able to flag our characters for having unlocked the Tech Wing or at least reset our quest state prior to this bugged step in the questline so we can redo the mission and hopefully not get bugged?

As for the "official" workaround of creating a new character is getting more and more out of reach for "Dots l a g13" because they're continuing to level up in other areas and working on other missions so starting from scratch is a pretty lame workaround.

Any help is much appreciated!

Morph2o
03-23-2016, 01:25 PM
took me a while to find this, but paul rhodes is not a character as such
to talk to him you need to find an item on a desk in the tech wing

if i remember right its on the right hand side as you go in to the wing.

Tankler
03-24-2016, 01:19 PM

All of us with this glitch know where he's supposed to be as every other player has informed us of this. There is no glowy keyboard, no line to follow. It just says "talk to paul rhodes" on the tech wing above the lap top and there is nothing.

I don't mean to sound like an *** but there has been 2 patches so far, a ton of twitch streams of which they have random Q&A, and not once, even with a ton of people spamming the chat about it does the dev's even seem to acknowledge that this is a problem. Essentially 1/3 of the game has been locked for us and so far the only official response I've seen (something posted the day it came out when people started complaining) is to create a new character.

Sure, the midas screwed people over, sure going rogue screwed people over, but I hate to tell everyone this but this glitch NEEDS to have priority as it is a big ****ing deal.

/endrant

CaptainIronaxe
03-26-2016, 04:28 PM

Yeah unfortunately this isn't the fix. I'm positive i know how its supposed to work as I have my main character (lvl 30) who I've done this before on... and now I have a lvl 6 alt I've abandoned currently and a friend locked out of 1/3 of his skill tree at lvl 30 with me.

chepiok
03-29-2016, 09:04 AM
a lot of topics around this (and it's multiplaform bug) but not (yet) seen an official answer.

Natchai_Ubisoft
04-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Hey, can you guys please respond to the following thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1423992-Gameplay-Missing-Objectives-Paul-Rhodes-Roy-Benitez