PDA

View Full Version : PC PC Restarts it self. PLEASE HELP!!!

llAMCll
03-22-2016, 02:43 AM
I just got a EVGA GTX 970 and it came with the game and i got a 650W PSU with a AMD FX 6300 and when i play the game for about 5 minute my whole computer will restart it self. It doesnt do this on any other games. For example GTA 5, CSGO, BO3, Bioshock. it doesnt do this except this game and i love this game <3 and i need help

BiggieFrog
03-22-2016, 02:46 AM
Get a refund if you can. No help here.

Thariir_
03-22-2016, 02:52 AM
I just got a EVGA GTX 970 and it came with the game and i got a 650W PSU with a AMD FX 6300 and when i play the game for about 5 minute my whole computer will restart it self. It doesnt do this on any other games. For example GTA 5, CSGO, BO3, Bioshock. it doesnt do this except this game and i love this game <3 and i need help

It sounds like a typical heating issue. Are all your fans working and are they all dust free?

llAMCll
03-22-2016, 03:31 PM
It sounds like a typical heating issue. Are all your fans working and are they all dust free?

Yes they do. i have 5 fans inside the case plus i got ACX 2.0 cooling and i bought the graphics card on the 3/18/16

FeeRtigger
03-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Try to lower the graphic settings and see if the problems remain, I think I had this issue with an old nvidia card from XFX. Have run AMD since then since XFX was a pain in the butt with their warrenty policys and other lame excuses. I have not bought anythink from them assholse since and advice people not to if anyask me about them.

gtpzxt
03-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Try checking connections to your gfx card from your power supply. That was happening to me on a different game, I changed the connection port into the power supply and that was the problem, haven't had a crash since. Not saying it's your problem but when a pc reboots itself the first thing you want to check is the power connections.

Dark.-.
03-22-2016, 04:31 PM
It could be a few things, the most common of it is overheating, or not enough power. It certainly sounds like an overheating issue. Try using a program like MSI Afterburner, to manually control your fan speed.
The EVGA GTX 970, doesn't do very well at automatically controlling the fans, ( i have this card) And it has overheated on me before. The fans automatically kick in at something like 70c, but only kick on to 20% and then it gets too hot and shuts down. So give MSI Afterburner a try, and set your fan speeds to atleast 50%.
Use Speccy, to watch the temp on your CPU and GPU.

I'm willing to bet it is a cooling issue.

llAMCll
03-22-2016, 04:45 PM
It could be a few things, the most common of it is overheating, or not enough power. It certainly sounds like an overheating issue. Try using a program like MSI Afterburner, to manually control your fan speed.
The EVGA GTX 970, doesn't do very well at automatically controlling the fans, ( i have this card) And it has overheated on me before. The fans automatically kick in at something like 70c, but only kick on to 20% and then it gets too hot and shuts down. So give MSI Afterburner a try, and set your fan speeds to atleast 50%.

Thank you very much i will use this and let you know :p:p

llAMCll
03-22-2016, 09:31 PM
Still no LUCK. now it freezes my whole computer and it makes a Noice from my speakers its like a broken tv

Ironeyes-
03-22-2016, 09:44 PM
it is ubisoft not your hardware. Snowdrop engine is optimised for consoles. Ubisoft coding does not make allowances for different PC setups. The only way I can play any Ubisoft games is to under clock my card to reference clock speeds, although since to day's patch that no longer works, so i''m am stumped at the moment to. Game loads and crashes my PC.

Ironeyes-
03-22-2016, 09:51 PM
Update. Make sure to verify files in Uplay, The patch missed some stuff..

Senpaidrejan
03-22-2016, 09:57 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1391144-Crashing-in-The-Division-Forums/page2 is what you are looking after, or rather it's 48 pages of people having the same problem as you, good luck in getting a fix, no response from Ubisoft at all, hopefully we'll be able to play it in a few months when they fix it.

Dark.-.
03-23-2016, 12:45 AM
Before you write it off as an un-fixable issue. Give this a go. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1402017-Crashing-in-The-Division?
If none of that works, I'm afraid i'm out of ideas. I just find it highly unlikely the game just wrecks the whole computer.

I could give you a dozen different reasons why the game would crash your computer so hard.
The only problem is that with all the reasons, you will typically find that it crashes in other games that stress the CPU/GPU
So, I hope something in that link can fix it, If not. Sorry man.

Ironeyes-
03-23-2016, 01:01 AM
Before you write it off as an un-fixable issue. Give this a go. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1402017-Crashing-in-The-Division?
If none of that works, I'm afraid i'm out of ideas. I just find it highly unlikely the game just wrecks the whole computer.

I could give you a dozen different reasons why the game would crash your computer so hard.
The only problem is that with all the reasons, you will typically find that it crashes in other games that stress the CPU/GPU
So, I hope something in that link can fix it, If not. Sorry man.

This only ever happens with Ubisoft games and I am going to blame bad coding. I can only play RB6 if I fart around with the video settings every time they patch.

Rombibombii
03-23-2016, 01:06 AM
it is ubisoft not your hardware. Snowdrop engine is optimised for consoles. Ubisoft coding does not make allowances for different PC setups. The only way I can play any Ubisoft games is to under clock my card to reference clock speeds, although since to day's patch that no longer works, so i''m am stumped at the moment to. Game loads and crashes my PC.

If you would actually read into the PC version of the Division you would know that console and PC build are separated completely which it has been from the ground. So I wouldn't talk bull if I were you.

Now for OP, it does really sound like a hardware issue. A game causing a reboot is pretty much only possible if it's either a heating issue or that a core driver crashes but then you would've had a BSOD. Since you won't get that and GPU has been eliminated I have to ask about your CPU. Is it stock cooled and if so, is it overclocked? Apart from that, do you have a small tower (case) or a regular size tower (or bigger)? Since if you have a small tower than in general there might be serious issues regarding heat spreading. The inside of the case might get very hot aswell and well, you need fans to get rid of it. Also are the fans placed properly? Do you have an intake fan and outtake fans, do the airflows collide?

Dark.-.
03-23-2016, 03:15 AM
And OP, would you mind posting your CPU and GPU Temperatures while running the division and even R6. Use Speccy to view the temp.

I'm also still willing to bet its a heating issue. Ubisoft games like, R6 and the Division run pretty heavy on CPU.
I have an AMD 8350 4.8ghz CPU, and i HAVE to use liquid cooling to run this stuff, Fans/Heatsinks NEVER seem to be able to keep it cool enough.
I had a aftermarket heatsink on my computer when my last liquid cooler died on me, i had to put a big *** house fan over my computer + 4 internal case fans to even run a game, rust/r6. you name it. lol

I use a Corsair Hydro H50, Cheap little liquid cooler, runs everything no hotter than 45c.

EDIT: Looked around a ltitle bit, seems to be a few posts on ubisoft games about the CPU-AMD FX 8350@4.8GHZ+NOCTUA U14-S+2X150mm fans.
Every time, it seems to be an overheating issue. The point your computer shuts down should be around 75c+, also depending on the bios settings.
But anything hotter than 70c is a bit too warm.

Ironeyes-
03-24-2016, 02:57 AM
If you would actually read into the PC version of the Division you would know that console and PC build are separated completely which it has been from the ground. So I wouldn't talk bull if I were you.

Now for OP, it does really sound like a hardware issue. A game causing a reboot is pretty much only possible if it's either a heating issue or that a core driver crashes but then you would've had a BSOD. Since you won't get that and GPU has been eliminated I have to ask about your CPU. Is it stock cooled and if so, is it overclocked? Apart from that, do you have a small tower (case) or a regular size tower (or bigger)? Since if you have a small tower than in general there might be serious issues regarding heat spreading. The inside of the case might get very hot aswell and well, you need fans to get rid of it. Also are the fans placed properly? Do you have an intake fan and outtake fans, do the airflows collide?

at the end of the day, only Ubisoft games are crashing mine and many others PC's. I blame sloppy coding.

Dark.-.
03-24-2016, 03:17 AM
At the end of the day, if your not going to help us, help you. Your **** gonna crash.

Ironeyes-
03-25-2016, 07:21 PM
These are my temps while playing the game with my card underclocked to reference speeds. I cannot get a temp at my cards factory set clock speeds, because the pc crashes before I can take any notes. I again stress that this is a Ubisoft issue, because they have created game's that over heat the CPU. There should be no requirement to use drastic cooling aids to run a game.

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-8350 61 C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (10-10-10-30)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 R2.0 (Socket 942) 29 C
Graphics
VS278 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (EVGA) 55 C

Ironeyes-
03-28-2016, 01:29 AM
I found I work around for the problem. I turned off the Cool and Quiet tech in the Bios.

ozeanfrau
03-28-2016, 01:46 AM
Glad you fixed it. I did have the same problem but mine was a Xbox one controller issue. Was going to ask you what you use, but no need.

Bigodon
03-28-2016, 04:38 AM
If you would actually read into the PC version of the Division you would know that console and PC build are separated completely which it has been from the ground. So I wouldn't talk bull if I were

do you really believe on this?
look how much topics and repplies the pc technical support have x both consoles combined.

no offense man, but if pc had any special attention from devs we would not see the same problems we pointed on closed and open betas, we had these critical crashes fixed on retail launch and we do not have that much bugs and problems after 3 weeks of the game launch. I just don't belive on a single word from those guys, pc version of this game is a silly console port that just uses high quality assets. :/

Ironeyes-
03-28-2016, 07:38 AM
it has been years since I had to change stuff in the Bios, You only need to go in there if your over clocking. I made a mistake when I said I fixed it, all I did was find a work around for Ubisofts sloppy coding.

cypher_complex
03-28-2016, 09:29 AM

I would agree with heat however, doing a couple of checks you can find out the wattage of the devices..

The processor alone you have is 220W
The Vid card is 201W Depending on how many other devices and drives you have in the box you may be lean on power. 250 extra watts is not much. But you may be fine. If you don't have much. Say 4 hard driver 2 dvd drives + whatever else well you may be light too.

Did the power supply have a separate set of connectors for the vid card or did you have to convert some other plugs? If the latter take it back and get a better PS with a separate 6V rail for the video card.

**** Never mind I see you fixed it, good stuffs ***** :D

cypher_complex
03-28-2016, 08:49 PM
There are a huge number of factors not just options. The case, the airflow to the case, where the case is at. Cool and quiet is all well and good but for power users **** like that is almost useless. If you really want quiet, you end up water cooling. Both of my towers have it, they are starting to sell vid cards with it but I would NOT buy one. The pumps tend to go out after about a year depending on use. Sometimes longer but yeah.

Malarki83
03-28-2016, 09:13 PM
Had this issue in BF3 at release.
Found out my (factory-side) overclocked GPU caused this. Had to downclock it and it was fine.
Another thing could be, that the PSU is kinda weak for the GPU....

Dark.-.
03-28-2016, 09:40 PM
all speak about psu power but noone says to increase few steps the gpu voltage, probably this game is more demanding in that terms. I had no crashes since, so i think i got the right spot

650w is BARE MINIMUM for the 8350 + R9 390/ GTX 970 and everything else equivalent. If you want to overclock your stuff, its a better bet to get a larger powersupply, if you are overclocking and de-clocked the CPU or GPU and it fixed your issue, chances are its getting unstable due to a lack of power because the division will use both heavily.

Neolitejukebox
03-28-2016, 09:49 PM
650w is BARE MINIMUM for the 8350 + R9 390/ GTX 970 and everything else equivalent. If you want to overclock your stuff, its a better bet to get a larger powersupply, if you are overclocking and de-clocked the CPU or GPU and it fixed your issue, chances are its getting unstable due to a lack of power because the division will use both heavily.

Not really.

a i7+ 390x needs about 30Amps on the 12v rail to be stable.

It really depends on the PSU ( and just naming the Wattage on a PSU doesn't really help ) , if Kilyan82 wants he just needs to check how many amps he has on the 12v rail.

For Example , both the Corsair TX650 (http://www.corsair.com/en/tx650w) as the VS650 have 45+ Amps on the 12v rail !

I don't doubt there are 600W PSUs out there without 35+Amps , but they really need to be "dual 12vrail" or really bad quality ones.

an ATI Fury X needs about 32Amps on the 12v rail , an GTX 970 needs aboud 28-29Amps on the 12v rail ( to run full load stock , no OC ).