PDA

View Full Version : A Few Campaign Suggestions

someones_mom1
03-22-2016, 01:47 AM
1. Ghosts & Leaderboards
At the moment there are only four ghost options; Bronze, Silver, Gold, Personal Best and Friend's Record.
When you complete a track, it tells you your map ranking in 4 different leagues, but it feels a bit pointless because you can't actually race any of these ghosts, or even view their times. For example if I wanted to view the #1 time in England, I can't do that.
It'd be great if you added the option to race the ghost of anyone who has completed that track rather than limiting it to your friends.
At the very least I'd like to see a leaderboard for each map as this should be a basic feature!

2. Music
At the moment when you restart the race (which I do a lot in the campaign) it skips to the next song for some reason. This means that I rarely hear more than 10 seconds of each song. I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but if it's intentional I'd like to see an option to have continuous music (I know this was how it was in previous games). Maybe you could have a button to skip to the next song instead.

3. TrackMaster?
This is more of a question rather than a suggestion, but I'd like to know what "TrackMaster" means? I have a couple of TrackMaster medals but it was never explained how or why I got them. After a bit of research I realised there is much confusion over what it means. Some people seem to think it's the best time on that track but I know that's not right as I have TrackMaster medals on tracks that I am nowhere near 1st on. I wondered if it was the fastest developer time (in the campaign) but then why isn't there a ghost for it?

HeavenlyGuy
03-22-2016, 11:38 AM
I agree with everything you said. If theres not leaderboards with all players and a way to race their ghosts there should be, because this is the most basic feature you can ask out of a racing game.

Fincozmoz
03-22-2016, 03:14 PM
Totally agree! The top list globally and in my country per map was the feature I missed the most in the beta.

riolu-tm
03-22-2016, 06:55 PM
Agree with 1 and 2, it'd be more than a shame not to have global leaderboards for each map. Hope it'll be added very soon. Having the music change with every new attempt can become quite obnoxious as well indeed.
About the TrackMaster medal, it is the developer time (or more general: the time the mapper has validated the time with). It is not bound to the fastest times at all.

mobydeux
03-23-2016, 10:08 AM
3/ Trackmaster: No confusion here, just like in the previous opus, it is the "best time" of the creator of the map (the validator).

2/ Fingers crossed they fixed this for tomorrow release =/ probably never going to happen though...

1/ It would be a nice to have feature but I guess that's why you have online mode.