PDA

View Full Version : PC Dark Zone Lag [half-solved]

ErPanza78
03-21-2016, 06:27 PM
Good morning/evening/whatever guys, I suppose I am not the only one who experiences lag in the dark zone, the infamous problem where you can play smoothly for 10-15 seconds, then have a freeze of 2-3 seconds (meaning you "wake up" dead).

I just found out you can make the problem disappear deactivating the ingame VoIP feature. I had the issue using a bluetooth mic, need to check if the same problem will be present with a wired mic. I'll keep you up to date.

DukeMcFishy
03-21-2016, 07:39 PM
Yeah I've experienced this, only in the DZ, but it is rather random. One night all is fine and it doesn't lock up and then the other day it is sometimes unplayable for a period of time.

I don't have an USB mic. I use two different headsets. Wireless Sennheiser without a mic (jack plug in the TV and the PC sends the sound through the HDMI cable to the TV) and normal jack plug in my front panel of the PC for my headset with mic. I switch between the two headsets.

Because the lag/freezing up is rather random I have no clue why the game does it. I'm rather puzzled by it.

I will disable the VoIP (rather not though) to test it out if that solves anything. Cheers for the advice.

ErPanza78
03-22-2016, 07:06 AM
Yeah I've experienced this, only in the DZ, but it is rather random. One night all is fine and it doesn't lock up and then the other day it is sometimes unplayable for a period of time.

I don't have an USB mic. I use two different headsets. Wireless Sennheiser without a mic (jack plug in the TV and the PC sends the sound through the HDMI cable to the TV) and normal jack plug in my front panel of the PC for my headset with mic. I switch between the two headsets.

Because the lag/freezing up is rather random I have no clue why the game does it. I'm rather puzzled by it.

I will disable the VoIP (rather not though) to test it out if that solves anything. Cheers for the advice.

Let me know if it works!