PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Open Beta and Suggestions

Karl_Hates_GT5
03-21-2016, 01:36 PM
First off, lets congratulate a very, very smooth release. I only had 1 crash, and drop out from the servers. Lets hope the game release is as silky smooth.

Here is a list of things that certainly need improvement/tweaking:

- The Options menu. Where are all the options? There is nowhere to change the brightness, change the controls, and most importantly. Changing the analog sticks dead zone and sensitivity. I'm not the only person to find the current settings difficult, and would like the option to tweak them.

- The Track Editor. I can't place decorative objects manually? And what about the dirt checkpoint? Where did that go? I just want an option to have the exact same version as the PC, just let me control the cursor with my gamepad. That's not to mention the fact you can't enable allow objects to be inside each other, you can't raise of lower the terrain. It's certainly bare, bare bones in the beta and this needs improving.

- Online. For those of us who are more competitive, we'd like one of two things. Dedicated servers, or a world wide record keeping system (like dedimania) that shows up on every online session and records every time. I'd like to know my previous times on tracks and try and improve, but currently there is nothing.

- Leaderboards. I'd like 2 different types of leaderboards. One showing the worldwide ranks, with the ability to search in regions (like the website that you already have up and running) and a leaderboard for the nadeo maps. If I'm hunting down to be top 10 on a track, it'd be great to know what time I need to get. Rather than just seeing that I'm currently "25th" in the world.

- Custom Skins/Cars etc. I know it might be hard to implement custom cars completely like on PC, but atleast make it so we can make custom paint jobs for the default cars.

- Negative Voices. I like what they did with the postive and negative voices, but it is FAR too obsessive. I understand when I'm 0.5 seconds behind why they would say something, but when I hit a checkpoint .002 seconds slower than my best run and he says "Oh my god....". That is SOOOOO off putting. We need an option to turn it off, or at the very least adjust it so he doesn't say it when I'm literally milliseconds behind my best.

It's just some stuff that I find annoying or features that were missing from my 20+ hours with the Open Beta. If you think I missed something, say something yourself. Hopefully we can get some minor things fixed in a very fun game (so far).

Flonti
03-21-2016, 02:25 PM
- I think the track editor has simply been a bit restricted for the beta (advanced mode not being available). I honestly thinks it feels very natural to use, but i really want the ability to delete single blocks that shouldn't have been placed without deleting everything i built afterwards, which is very annoying.

- It can become a little annoying when the game announces "you're not gonna make it" when you're 0,1 seconds behind after 3 seconds on a 40 second track. So my suggestion would be to split up the voices and let me disable the ones saying i'm doing good/bad at every other checkpoint and then leave the ones saying "checkpoint!" or "3. 2. 1. Go!" It's very quiet at the start of the race when there's no sound of a motor or music.

That's the ones i feel is the most annoying things right now. Oterwise it is a super well-polished game that will make me lose hours of sleep probably. :p

Ubi-Alinoa
03-21-2016, 04:08 PM
You can deactivate voices in the menu "settings" ;)

RabbitZG
03-21-2016, 04:41 PM
- Online. For those of us who are more competitive, we'd like one of two things. Dedicated servers, or a world wide record keeping system (like dedimania) that shows up on every online session and records every time. I'd like to know my previous times on tracks and try and improve, but currently there is nothing.

But the problem is, TM:Turbo is not supposed to be a competitive game. TM2 will still be the main bae with all servers/dedimania/mods.

Fincozmoz
03-22-2016, 03:33 PM
- Online. [/B]For those of us who are more competitive, we'd like one of two things. Dedicated servers, or a world wide record keeping system (like dedimania) that shows up on every online session and records every time. I'd like to know my previous times on tracks and try and improve, but currently there is nothing.

- Leaderboards. I'd like 2 different types of leaderboards. One showing the worldwide ranks, with the ability to search in regions (like the website that you already have up and running) and a leaderboard for the nadeo maps. If I'm hunting down to be top 10 on a track, it'd be great to know what time I need to get. Rather than just seeing that I'm currently "25th" in the world.
[B]

Totally agree!