PDA

View Full Version : PC PC (WINDOWS 10) Controller Disconnect = input freeze

cursed0live
03-20-2016, 06:11 AM
1. What is the issue you're experiencing? (in a few sentences, describe what is happening)

If I disconnect my XBOX ONE controller while or after playing The Division my mouse input is frozen and just beeps and stutters. PC will not complete the restart or shutdown procedure, I have to hard-reset, then do a clean boot to bring PC back to normal operation.

2. What were you doing when this issue occurred? (were you viewing a cut scene? were you playing in the Dark Zone?)

Just play the game, the issue is not local to any zone or area in-game.

3. Are you able to recreate the issue? (if you're able to make this issue appear again, please tell us how you've done it)

Literally all I have to do is play The Division and unplug my XBOX ONE controller. This behavior does not present itself from just the OS (prior to launching The Division) or any other game.

4. What you done in an attempt to correct this issue? (restart your console? open ports?)

I have tried to play the game with just steam and uplay (and my firewall) running.
I have tried to play on a clean-boot
I have rolled back my driver. (I reinstalled the most recent geforce driver after it was apparent that this was not the issue)
I have the most up to day C++ and drivers.
My PC exceeds the recommended specs

Due to this bug my pc has gone through 15+ hard-resets in the past week. This is unacceptable and dangerous to the operation of my PC and I will no longer launch this game until the issue is patched and resolved. My hope is to warn other players of this issue and to alert UBISOFT of this bug. Still love the game though and sad that I can't play it.

fabio13100
03-20-2016, 10:04 AM
1. What is the issue you're experiencing? (in a few sentences, describe what is happening)

If I disconnect my XBOX ONE controller while or after playing The Division my mouse input is frozen and just beeps and stutters. PC will not complete the restart or shutdown procedure, I have to hard-reset, then do a clean boot to bring PC back to normal operation.

2. What were you doing when this issue occurred? (were you viewing a cut scene? were you playing in the Dark Zone?)

Just play the game, the issue is not local to any zone or area in-game.

3. Are you able to recreate the issue? (if you're able to make this issue appear again, please tell us how you've done it)

Literally all I have to do is play The Division and unplug my XBOX ONE controller. This behavior does not present itself from just the OS (prior to launching The Division) or any other game.

4. What you done in an attempt to correct this issue? (restart your console? open ports?)

I have tried to play the game with just steam and uplay (and my firewall) running.
I have tried to play on a clean-boot
I have rolled back my driver. (I reinstalled the most recent geforce driver after it was apparent that this was not the issue)
I have the most up to day C++ and drivers.
My PC exceeds the recommended specs

Due to this bug my pc has gone through 15+ hard-resets in the past week. This is unacceptable and dangerous to the operation of my PC and I will no longer launch this game until the issue is patched and resolved. My hope is to warn other players of this issue and to alert UBISOFT of this bug. Still love the game though and sad that I can't play it.

Same here with the xbox one controller + mouse logitech G600

SIR WOLFIE 87
03-20-2016, 11:10 AM
Known issue on the latest Cumulative update on Windows 10 (since early March).

More info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/?sort=new
(https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/?sort=new)
Try the X360 controller if you can, or just play without controller for now. This can happen anywhere that uses XInput.

cursed0live
03-21-2016, 02:29 AM
Known issue on the latest Cumulative update on Windows 10 (since early March).

More info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/?sort=new
(https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/?sort=new)
Try the X360 controller if you can, or just play without controller for now. This can happen anywhere that uses XInput.

Yup found this out after skiing today, haha... the steps on the reddit board posted by SIR WOLFIE fixes the issue...