PDA

View Full Version : Very disappointed by beta, suggestions

skatedudeguy
03-18-2016, 05:32 PM
Just played through the available tracks on the Xbox One beta, and I am very scared about purchasing this next week.

First of all, a few clarifications. I have been playing Trackmania since Sunrise (I still have my CD of it nearby) and love the series. I was also looking at this for PC.

So my concerns:

First of all, the fact that there is screen tearing on the Xbox One version terrifies me. I can most likely avoid this with the PC version (through the game or Nvidia settings) but it looks very unpolished. That's scary.

As someone suggested on here, the negative voice samples should have a toggle. It's annoying in a game when you are constantly restarting.

The physics feel off. Perhaps I have been playing too much Canyon lately, but I shouldn't bounce so hard off of every surface when I make a jump. There is way too little traction on the sand surface. That track was almost impossible in the beta.

The music is almost all dance. A little more variety would have been well. I did hear a tribal style track at one time, but a little more variety would help a ton. Sunrise and Forever had such a diverse mix.

I will most likely at least get a copy to review on PC for people, but this isn't looking good right now. I can expand more.

What kind of recommended specs are we looking at for PC? Options and settings?

Thanks!

Ubi-Alinoa
03-18-2016, 07:35 PM
You can have information about the specs here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375900/
Please keep in mind that the Open Beta only features some parts of the game.

Gigab0mber
03-19-2016, 12:58 AM
As someone suggested on here, the negative voice samples should have a toggle.

They do. Second option in the menu.

GamingLikeASir
03-19-2016, 01:11 AM
They do. Second option in the menu.

This just turns off all the voice samples. But the positives ones are good. Its just the negatives which gets anoying.

SynGamer
03-20-2016, 10:13 PM
I'm on the PS4 open beta, but I agree with the physics for sand/dirt/mud tracks. The traction immediately turns into ice-like and it's almost impossible to put in competitive times without extreme concentration. Definitely needs to be looked at and tweaked. Currently 50/50 on whether I will pick up my pre-order next week.