PDA

View Full Version : Skill Power Tech Build

DanDrachenberg
03-17-2016, 07:04 PM
So, is there actually any sense in Speccing High Skill Power for End-Game except to be a healer?
I mostly wanted to use the cool tech stuff, but Sticky Bomb and Seeker Mine feel very underwhelming in Challenging Content...
250k from Sticky Bomb is really like nothing, especially considering the Cooldown.

So, is there any viability in non-healer Skill Power Builds?

Qubi8666
03-18-2016, 12:08 AM
sticky bomb is a pvp skill not a pve. If your fully on electronics, stamina and firepower depends on your gear. Any build can be good if you roll the right gear. Me personally Im fully firepower + stamina with some perks to boost heal and I can;t get a good challenge in darkzone pvp and pve. But sometimes when I have fun on rogue I do meet very annoying electronic builds where sticky bomb takes 3/4 of my hp and they overheal at the same time. DMG dealing skills will always be useless in pve but in pvp they rock. Use smth like pulse which is insanely underrated if your looking for pve only. PS I use pulse everywhere

Ghlain
03-18-2016, 05:29 AM
I went this route to be a dedicated healer for teams during challenge mode. My ammo cache support station ticks for 2300hp and keeps the group pretty happy. The rez grenades are also pretty handy. Those are hitting for 52.9k and with the mastery they stay on the ground for 6-7 secs giving guys time to run into it. So far im really liking the build just cant do strong dps. But overall it is a very viable class/build.

Sawoszao
03-18-2016, 09:11 AM
sticky bomb is a pvp skill not a pve. If your fully on electronics, stamina and firepower depends on your gear. Any build can be good if you roll the right gear. Me personally Im fully firepower + stamina with some perks to boost heal and I can;t get a good challenge in darkzone pvp and pve. But sometimes when I have fun on rogue I do meet very annoying electronic builds where sticky bomb takes 3/4 of my hp and they overheal at the same time. DMG dealing skills will always be useless in pve but in pvp they rock. Use smth like pulse which is insanely underrated if your looking for pve only. PS I use pulse everywhere

Nope. Sticky bomb flashbang mod is realy good for challenges. Stops rushers realy well. Its just not that good for damage ;)

Aliens4ever117
03-18-2016, 12:53 PM
agree'd. Sticky bomb as DPS is terrible.. but that flashbang has such a massive radius its unreal. Compared to any skill its by far the most OP stunning ability. Seeker Mine with Gas mod is good if targets are spread out behind walls as it will track them but the flashbang hits 1 enemy or 50 as its radius based.

Aliens4ever117
03-18-2016, 12:57 PM
So, is there actually any sense in Speccing High Skill Power for End-Game except to be a healer?
I mostly wanted to use the cool tech stuff, but Sticky Bomb and Seeker Mine feel very underwhelming in Challenging Content...
250k from Sticky Bomb is really like nothing, especially considering the Cooldown.

For sure. just a few that come to mind, skill powers increases all abilities. pule adds more crit damage, smart cover is even more OP. It all adds up. a skill power build is meant for support role. Depends on if you want a healing support or buff support. Either way if you have a constant 4 man group you can run with having a full SP build for support and/or healing is amazing. This game gets a lot more fun when you spec for a very nice build rather than putting on any gear with good stats.
Adding % Ccrit chance wont do much if you still only have 12% crit chance. But stakcing crit chance with gear rolls and weapon mods aswell as abilities you can do an easy 45-60%.
Keep in mind your talents. Very few people actually use their talents constantly. Getting damage resistance and stability for entering cover, you just pop in and back out and you get buffed and can be done anywere. just sit on a wall and pop back off and you got an instant buff.

immatoll
03-18-2016, 03:52 PM

1. Sticky Bomb and Seeker Mine are important in challenging Mode but only as crowd control. If you have a dedicated group: This skills should be used by Pure DPS Players.

2. If you want to be a viable tech besides a healer, then go for "Tactical Scanner" and "Smart Cover". As tech you provide +40% Critchance, +80% Critdamage, -67% Damage-Income and +50% Damage with an uptime of 100%. Most stupid Pure-DPS think that they should use it with 10k Skill-Power because they read it in the guide but that is ********.

Here I got a presentation how much it boosts even a pure support player with only medic gear. It's not a representation for MY max dps but you can imagine this can be for a group especially the dps players. The perfect group setup: should be 2 Pure-DPS with CC (~50% Critchance), 1 Support with Tactical/Scanner and 1 Medic with Ammo/CD-Box and Heal. If you have group that is designed this way you will blast everything away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CtFe3Unuvw