PDA

View Full Version : Question on Magazines need help!

Sp00kyMulder
03-17-2016, 01:30 PM
I am torn between 2 magazines and I need some help. I run the Liberator Assault Rifle and I have two magazines that I am having issues choosing. I have one that does 85% magazine size and 22.50% rate of fire. The other does 10.50% Weapon Damage and 10% Critical Chance. The DPS on my gun goes down by 20k if I equip the damage increasing mag but I'm not sure if thats correct. The Liberator is a bit uncontrollable with the 55 round magazine and the 1050 rpm.

What would you guys choose? I am leaning towards the damage increase mag but the stats are just bugging me and making me second guess it.

Saeari
03-17-2016, 01:42 PM
I am torn between 2 magazines and I need some help. I run the Liberator Assault Rifle and I have two magazines that I am having issues choosing. I have one that does 85% magazine size and 22.50% rate of fire. The other does 10.50% Weapon Damage and 10% Critical Chance. The DPS on my gun goes down by 20k if I equip the damage increasing mag but I'm not sure if thats correct. The Liberator is a bit uncontrollable with the 55 round magazine and the 1050 rpm.

What would you guys choose? I am leaning towards the damage increase mag but the stats are just bugging me and making me second guess it.

Use whichever you prefer because the DPS stat itself is skewed. It assumes that every single round hits precisely on target, and we're human so we're never going to hit every round. That said, I've got my Liberator modded for maximum stability and at ~1,035 RPM that my magazine mod currently has it's a joke to control. So long as you're on target when you start firing you'll stay on target even if you hold the trigger down for the entire magazine. The only issue is that you'll burn through ammo before you even realize you're using it all up and that's the main reason I enjoy lower RoF weapons like the AK or Scar-L over the Liberator, though the Liberator does a better job of giving other people in the DZ a 'scare factor' to keep them from trying to Rogue me. It's pretty amusing how uncertain of engaging someone that people get when you're mowing things down with an ungodly accurate bullet hose that rarely misses.

DownBeachDynasty
03-17-2016, 01:42 PM
If the recoil isn't great I would go with the weapon damage and crit. The DPS is higher for the increased mag because you're pumping out more bullets per minute. However, more bullets doesn't = hits. If it's hard to stay on target what's the point of a higher mag size? Burst fire that thing with the damage/crit boost.

Sp00kyMulder
03-17-2016, 03:44 PM
Well I am using the Liberator because it boosts your skills quite a bit and my character is skill based. I have some attatchments to it to make the stability a lot better, but its still difficult to use at mid-long range.

luth411
03-17-2016, 04:56 PM
Magazine size and ROF is probably the better choice.

Weapon damage is definitely a great buff to damage, but crit chance on an assault rifle is not that great. Mathematically, almost doubling the magazine size and firing rounds 20% faster translates into a huge DPS increase. The magazine size alone means you're stopping to reload almost half as often. 10% on base weapon damage won't scale the way mag size and ROF will.