PDA

View Full Version : Uru Problem

MidevilDragon
01-16-2004, 09:21 AM
I was just in URU LIVE but for some reason the just quit and now I can't get back in!

It keeps saying "NOT UPDATED AFTER THREE ATEMPS"

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE!

MidevilDragon
01-16-2004, 09:21 AM
I was just in URU LIVE but for some reason the just quit and now I can't get back in!

It keeps saying "NOT UPDATED AFTER THREE ATEMPS"

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE!

AdricTW
01-16-2004, 09:24 AM
Keep trying, you will eventualy get back in.

Shard: Katran
Ki: 02033182
Neighborhood:

MidevilDragon
01-16-2004, 09:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AdricTW:
Keep trying, you will eventualy get back in.

Shard: Katran
Ki: 02033182
Neighborhood:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many times?

MidevilDragon
01-16-2004, 10:54 AM
I keep trying but it still says

"NOT UPDATED AFTER 3 ATTEMPS"

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE!!!

Dillenger69
01-16-2004, 11:38 AM
1. Go to your Uru directory and find the file "UruSetup.exe"
2. Create a shortcut to it in a convenient place (desktop, first level of start menu, etc.)
3. Run Uru from this icon instead of the normal front end.

UruSetup.exe is the program that bootstraps live. It checks for updates and then kicks up the login dialog. This will let you bypass the flash looking startup menus. If you run from here you can re-run the exe fast enough to usually get in on your second try.

- - - -
http://www.wonderwedge.org/images/banners/milkad2.jpg
An administrator at Clockwork Orange BBS (http://www.clockworkorangebbs.org/) - The censorship free place to be.
Fah tehrthtehs trehahno pahrah ... one of the group at the big water, an Uru neighborhood.
Uru - It's like Daleks playing soccer.

MidevilDragon
01-17-2004, 07:17 AM
IT STILL SAYING THE SAME THING!

Vogelaar
01-17-2004, 08:08 AM
Then it must be extremely busy at the moment. There have been days I couldn't get in at all. Large numbers of new explorers are arriving; this is causing congestion.

Maharet2u
01-17-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm having trouble getting in. Tried 4 times, restarted computer twicw and defragmented hard drive. Does anybody else have trouble? Was a new patch installed?

Quote:
Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you're alive, it isn't.
Richard Bach

Reverend Vader
01-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Remember that there was a clerical error that let EVERYONE in before the good folks at Cyan were ready for ALL of them.

The servers can still get quite a bit overloaded at times. They are quickly trying to ramp them up, but it may take some time to get all the kinks worked out.

You may have occasional trouble getting in. But, over the next few days and weeks, it should continually get better.

MidevilDragon
01-17-2004, 11:00 AM
When will this "NOT UPDATED AFTER 3 ATTEMPS" error go away and let be back in URU LIVE?