PDA

View Full Version : How about you fix sticky bomb please?

Kri1eon
03-15-2016, 09:56 PM
I'm so sick and tired of hitting rogues and AI with it and it doing ZERO damage. A 145k damage sticky bomb wasted. FIX THIS.

Hornswoggl
03-16-2016, 05:05 PM
Improve your skill stat?

Maybe you should read his comment, he said "A 145k damage sticky bomb wasted"
I have the same bug, but with the blind grenade. Most of the time it apply the blind effect, but sometimes the AI just ignores the whole bomb ( not like 4 ppl get hit, 2 are blind 2 not, they all ignore it and get no damage. Same goes with the damaging sticky grenade, sometimes they just deal no damage.
( i have 24k electronics, so more than enough that the bomb should do at least some damage, but sometimes it wont work.

Kri1eon
03-17-2016, 03:51 AM
Improve your skill stat?
Even if you improve your skill it has been confirmed the sticky bomb caps out at 250k damage. That's pretty pitiful. It's a hardcap too. This means damage bonuses from gear, talents, etc.. do nothing. To hit 250k you need 40k skill power.

Regardless skill power has nothing to do with it actually hitting something.

Imp-C-Bravo
03-17-2016, 04:59 AM
Maybe you should read his comment, he said "A 145k damage sticky bomb wasted"
I have the same bug, but with the blind grenade. Most of the time it apply the blind effect, but sometimes the AI just ignores the whole bomb ( not like 4 ppl get hit, 2 are blind 2 not, they all ignore it and get no damage. Same goes with the damaging sticky grenade, sometimes they just deal no damage.
( i have 24k electronics, so more than enough that the bomb should do at least some damage, but sometimes it wont work.

LOS folks. Sticky bomb (including the flash effect) is affected by LOS. And LOS in the game is interesting. Lots of times a box may block 80 percent of a stick bomb flash, but the head is still in direct LOS of the Sticky bomb. But, even though that would blind someone in Real life, it doesn't in the game because the point of the body that counts is blocked.

So yeah. LOS is a bit strange. How many times has a chain linked fence blocked your sniper rifle shot? Think of it like that.

steve2651
03-17-2016, 08:49 PM
Adjust your aim. Hell I hit an enemy and he ran around HELP GET IT OFF and than BOOOM;)

Kri1eon
03-18-2016, 01:36 PM
Its been bugged since closed beta. Commonly happens when it's stuck to a wall or object like a road block. It'll explode and do zero damage. This does not affect the flashbang mod. No matter what the secondary affects work fine, always. It's the DAMAGE that fails to be applied. Sticking it directly to an enemy OR on the ground always works. You can't stick it to players so it has to be on the ground near them. Wall sticks, etc.. often fail to do damage. As mentioned above it's likely wonky LOS.