PDA

View Full Version : Will there be some kind off homebase/

Reinier-dash
03-13-2016, 08:14 PM
Because i that would be cool if there is one

SuperBiscotCOT
03-13-2016, 10:16 PM
Like in the division with the train station ?
Maybe hideaways when you can resuply or manage your equipment. But the idea of a "Motherbase" is also cool.

TheOnlyDroid
03-14-2016, 12:11 AM
Like in the division with the train station ?
Maybe hideaways when you can resuply or manage your equipment. But the idea of a "Motherbase" is also cool.

Hopefully they'll have "Safe Houses" something that's a little more toward the direction of the game... (FYI: In the division the BOO ( Base of Operations) is a postal office, not a train station; although there are safe-houses near train tracks)

Lolssi
03-14-2016, 07:05 AM
Hopefully we get proper save/load system and not like in Division where it returns you to safehouse everytime you load game.

Reinier-dash
03-14-2016, 12:13 PM
Hopefully we get proper save/load system and not like in Division where it returns you to safe house every time you load game.

loading in the middle off no where is stupid maybe u can only save at safe house? that sounds better

Lolssi
03-14-2016, 01:12 PM
loading in the middle off no where is stupid maybe u can only save at safe house? that sounds better
How is that stupid when that is exact same spot when I stopped playing last time? Also that sounds pretty no buy to me.

SuperBiscotCOT
03-14-2016, 06:08 PM
And yes it's a postal office sorry :D

Cosmic.Tony
03-14-2016, 10:19 PM
I get the feeling they'll be leaning heavily on drops in game (an unfortunate trend which was great for MGS but not authentic for GR).

I am hoping we get to secure, then use, several areas on the map. For me it would make sense to at least have safe-houses to stash and park vehicles. If we have a roster, and not JUST 4 characters, I think it would benefit the game to have bases anyway.

Lolssi
03-15-2016, 09:45 AM
I get the feeling they'll be leaning heavily on drops in game (an unfortunate trend which was great for MGS but not authentic for GR).
I hope there are drops and looting. How ever I hope they are mostly very common and don't have any restrictions to use.
Like you run out of bullets take a gun from dead enemy. Perhaps even take uniform and disguise yourself but that is propably asking too much from a shooter :)

StealthTallyFox
03-15-2016, 10:50 AM
well, how about this, we can carry tent as an item for "makeshift base" to let you save and quit the game and when you come back, you'll spawn in the same spot, but it'll take up space in your inventory/add weight to your character(if GRW uses the weight feature as inventory limit), this will put you at inventory/weight disadvantage, but you'll have distance "advantage", you'll spawn with the same stuff when you left(weapon, ammo count, other equipment, clothing, and vehicles if you use one like bikes and cars, helos are not included in the saved vehicles), but again, because of the tent, you can't carry as much as stuff as people who spawn from safe houses

Cosmic.Tony
03-15-2016, 01:01 PM
I hope there are drops and looting. How ever I hope they are mostly very common and don't have any restrictions to use.
Like you run out of bullets take a gun from dead enemy. Perhaps even take uniform and disguise yourself but that is propably asking too much from a shooter :)

Just to be clear I am talking Air Drops not loot drops - as in calling in a Gun pack or Vehicle palette from a C-130 or something. I am sure there'll be loot and ammo scavenging, I mean, could you imagine an open world game without it? :P

ES-Ulukai
03-15-2016, 03:53 PM
They won't have a mother base like in the division.

Reinier-dash
03-15-2016, 04:30 PM
They won't have a mother base like in the division.

U don't know that...

and lets hope they will add camp fires

Sp--pyBrown
03-15-2016, 06:35 PM
I sure hope the player can save outside safehouses. I would hate it if I had to navigate a nonpermissive environment twice just because I had to run on an errand.

For safe houses to have any effect on anything, they should make sure the game has that feel of being alone "behind enemy lines" by making firefights deadly (and by deadly I mean 15 minutes of near death acrobatics if the team doesn't break contact immediately after getting into one without having the advantage) and the risks of getting caught or attracting enemy attention should be great. For example there could be a QRF standing by if the team doesn't take out the enemy stealthily and if someone fires an unsuppressed firearm, the enemy should be alerted way further than most open world games have done before.

If Ghost Recon had loot drops, I would abandon this whole publisher for good. ;)
Battlefield pick ups is fine tho. If I run out of ammo, it would make sense to pick up the enemies' weapons instead of running around with a pistol and infinite ammo...

ES-Ulukai
03-15-2016, 07:27 PM
The game is a shooter, why would there a be a huge building for our ghost in ennemy territory ?

Loot and drops ? Seriously guys GRW is no rpg, you have you're gear and that it. Sure you'll be able to get new gear can't say how for the moment but not the way of The Division.

Get in mind that The Division it's a new brand, a RPG shooter game that add new things but it doesn't mean that the new games comming will get The Division gameplay.

Ghost Recon keep being Ghost Recon.

Sp--pyBrown
03-15-2016, 07:49 PM
The game is a shooter, why would there a be a huge building for our ghost in ennemy territory ?

Loot and drops ? Seriously guys GRW is no rpg, you have you're gear and that it. Sure you'll be able to get new gear can't say how for the moment but not the way of The Division.

Get in mind that The Division it's a new brand, a RPG shooter game that add new things but it doesn't mean that the new games comming will get The Division gameplay.

If Wildlands had gameplay like that of The Division I would scream something along the lines of "DEUS VULT", grab my greatsword and start a war against Ubisoft and everyone who stands in my way on the quest of wiping that scourge off the face of the Earth.

On a more serious note, I'm pretty sure there will be only smaller "safe house"-type deals. No huge "logistical hubs", since that wouldn't make any sense when we're talking about a 4-man team of operators.

Dieinthedark
03-16-2016, 01:06 AM
Personally I like the idea of safehouses but integrated into the open world. So for instance the game starts with us entering the country and some sort of objective. I think a great way of integrating the open world would be having us explore and find some sort of native structure/building that we think would be fitting. Say for instance there's a specific town we need to observe for a while to get intelligence from. We could determine which civilian building would be useful to us (location/proximity to target, ease of defenses etc) and occupy it. It'd be like pick your own safehouse(s) in the open world. Pick a bad location or frequently show up in broad daylight looking like anything but a local and you'll be drawing attention to yourself and raise the chances of being attack at your safehouse which would act as a hub of storing intelligence and weapons. We don't need a whole base building feature and I don't want some huge looking base or fortification but picking just normal civilian houses could be cool (though admittedly would not make sense for the Ghosts).

TidalSpiral
03-16-2016, 02:31 AM
If Wildlands had gameplay like that of The Division I would scream something along the lines of "DEUS VULT", grab my greatsword and start a war against Ubisoft and everyone who stands in my way on the quest of wiping that scourge off the face of the Earth.

On a more serious note, I'm pretty sure there will be only smaller "safe house"-type deals. No huge "logistical hubs", since that wouldn't make any sense when we're talking about a 4-man team of operators.

I would join you brother...

http://orig05.deviantart.net/d707/f/2007/284/e/9/shu_brothers_dynasty_warriors_by_draconianblade.jp g

Struker1984
03-16-2016, 08:03 AM
Hi, big fan of GR since the first game, first time poster...

IMO being that the Ghosts are a Spe Ops unit I really don't see the point on having Safe Houses inside enemy territory... They're inserted for missions (as we saw on the trailer by parachuting and more options)...

Maybe the "safe houses" will be extraction/insertion points to take you back and forth from their base outside the Area of Operations.

Sp--pyBrown
03-16-2016, 09:31 AM
Hi, big fan of GR since the first game, first time poster...

IMO being that the Ghosts are a Spe Ops unit I really don't see the point on having Safe Houses inside enemy territory... They're inserted for missions (as we saw on the trailer by parachuting and more options)...

Maybe the "safe houses" will be extraction/insertion points to take you back and forth from their base outside the Area of Operations.

This particular team of Ghosts doesn't operate like that. Similar to the special forces that worked in A-land before the invasion, this team will be operating in the AO for a long time (I'm assuming the entire duration if the mission) without leaving the country.

I like the idea of selecting your own safe houses but I'm pretty certain they will be preselected locations that the players will "unlock" by doing missions.

Cosmic.Tony
03-16-2016, 11:33 AM
Thing is Special Forces do actually live behind enemy lines for long periods, hence they have places to sleep/eat/shower, store gear and generally maintain sanity. It is not uncommon for SAS specifically to just operate completely within an A.O. without ever seeing a base or support unit for very long periods. They'd work with local gear, try to blend as much as possible. Many of us would have read the stories of both American and Australian forces living on the Camel Runs (like they were running Salt etc) for extended LUP - OP intelligence gathering.

Ghosts, of all operators in this kind of fictional combat, would probably maintain "tradecraft" more akin to what Intelligence operatives do - with safe houses, drop points and multiple bug-out/fall-back locations. They'd have more in common with DEA/DHS Undercover, or as Army SecOps perhaps effectively more in common with the oft lurking S.A.D./S.O.G. via the CIA. Which is why I find it confusing that 'Ghost Recon' would even be used on Cartels, hence I suspect the story is wider than drugs and more like Terrorist Funding or Nuke Smuggling etc?

Anyways, Safe Houses or Sheds with gear and even local runway hangars with useful aircraft would not exactly be "unrealistic" given their broad movie-fiction style operating parameters.

Lolssi
03-16-2016, 12:37 PM

So what you'd like to have infinite ammo and never ran out of it? Or maybe big bullet icon circling around dead body that would give you universal ammo when you walk over it? :P
Looting corpses and inventory management just makes games better in my opinion be they rpgs or not. Two great examples are Stalker and Hitman games.

Sp--pyBrown
03-16-2016, 05:23 PM
So what you'd like to have infinite ammo and never ran out of it? Or maybe big bullet icon circling around dead body that would give you universal ammo when you walk over it? :P
Looting corpses and inventory management just makes games better in my opinion be they rpgs or not. Two great examples are Stalker and Hitman games.

When you use terms like looting and drops, it sounds like you're talking about something straight out of The Division. I guess you know that most GR fans would not like that.

That said, I hope the intel gathering and such is done immersively (checking the bodies for phones and searching enemy safe houses for PCs and documents) and not "outside" gameplay. (Edit. I hope it has black bag ops/site exploitation where the player has to gather intel from a location and then get it to a safehouse where it could be sent to analysts to "unlock" more missions and/or information about current objectives, like locations of persons of interest etc. That'd be badass:cool:)

They'd have more in common with DEA/DHS Undercover, or as Army SecOps perhaps effectively more in common with the oft lurking S.A.D./S.O.G. via the CIA. Which is why I find it confusing that 'Ghost Recon' would even be used on Cartels, hence I suspect the story is wider than drugs and more like Terrorist Funding or Nuke Smuggling etc?

Although there is no evidence for it, I am certain that CAG and SEALs have been deployed to South America to combat drug cartels.
But yeah, knowing the "Clancy's" games and their plot twists, I'm pretty sure there will be more to the cartel in question later in the story.

Cosmic.Tony
03-17-2016, 12:52 AM
Although there is no evidence for it, I am certain that CAG and SEALs have been deployed to South America to combat drug cartels.
But yeah, knowing the "Clancy's" games and their plot twists, I'm pretty sure there will be more to the cartel in question later in the story.

It's actually official that US Special Forces (from many branches) were used extensively against the Medellin Cartel in Columbia. The one major operation directly related to this game is "Operation Blast Furnace". It wasn't exactly special forces but the 193rd Infantry provided direct support in Bolivia.

Check out stuff like, "Operation Acid Gambit", "Operation Snowcap" and "Operation Hat Trick".

There is also a bunch of stuff in Wikileaks directly related to Special Forces and "Civilian Consultants" (read; PMC and "Private firm" Mercenaries) being used directly against Cartels.

All these operations were mainly directed at destroying production facilities and assisting through Intel gathering. Someone has to sit in the bush for a few weeks watching a drug farm to see who comes and goes. That's exactly what Army Spec Ops is for ;) .

Lolssi
03-17-2016, 01:30 PM
When you use terms like looting and drops, it sounds like you're talking about something straight out of The Division. I guess you know that most GR fans would not like that.

That said, I hope the intel gathering and such is done immersively (checking the bodies for phones and searching enemy safe houses for PCs and documents) and not "outside" gameplay. (Edit. I hope it has black bag ops/site exploitation where the player has to gather intel from a location and then get it to a safehouse where it could be sent to analysts to "unlock" more missions and/or information about current objectives, like locations of persons of interest etc. That'd be badass:cool:)
Sorry haven't seen any research about GR fans likes and like nots :P And I'd consider phone from a body a drop and loot.

Sp--pyBrown
03-17-2016, 05:26 PM
Sorry haven't seen any research about GR fans likes and like nots :P And I'd consider phone from a body a drop and loot.

I guess that's the difference between a GR fan and whatever group you represent:D

Lolssi
03-18-2016, 11:45 AM
I guess that's the difference between a GR fan and whatever group you represent:D
I.. YOU... aah ok that was good one. You win :)

NightJackal1
03-18-2016, 11:59 AM
Just a theory, but I'm willing to bet that the open world is a mix of concepts that Ubi has already implemented with strokes of original ideas and those from other developers.

The first thing that struck me was how similar the map interface was to Far Cry 3 and 4, towards the end of the reveal trailer. I wouldn't doubt it if there were "safehouses" at villages that are friendly. This would be somewhat like the outposts in FC, but are based on building trust through side missions (maybe liberating them from junior cartel leaders?). The Devs already mentioned that villagers will befriend the ghosts and the villagers fate may be decided on the players actions against the Cartel. This would make since for fast travel. Yes, I know this isn't an RPG, but open world maps need a fast travel mechanic because of the time involved. Chances are the devs would stick to common sense and put restrictions on its use so it wouldn't corrupt the experience.

I also believe that a PvP mode could be similar to GTAV. With a good size map with so many different environments, this just seems set up to capitalize on creating unique PvP experiences.

As for a home base? There has to be somewhere that players can customize their weapons, keep/customize vehicles, and overview intelligence to plan the next mission (quasi GTA Heists style). This Op Post (OP) could be in a cavern, in a tent, across the border in a neighboring country (maybe Bolivia's neighbors had enough and host the ghosts), or embedded with indigenous Bolivians like the SF does and has done since it's inception. Who knows, but there has to be something, especially with a open world and coop element.

One thing I'm certain of is the promise of this game. I'm a RPG fan, but I'm so thankful that Ghosts isn't a RPG. I like The Division, but the sponge NPC's just didn't make the game seem like a Clancy game. It's fun, but it's not GR. For those of you sweating it, hoping GR won't be like The Division, don't worry. Wildlands is going to be awesome. We just need to wait for more information to surface.

Lolssi
03-18-2016, 01:06 PM
I hope there isn't vehicle customization because that to me doesn't work with destroyable vehicles. What happens when it gets destroyed, spawns magically back to your base?
I'd rather see lots of vehicles that stay where you leave unless destroyed. Also I'd like to see npcs "stealing" vehicles if they're just left without owner.

Also hoping this open world doesn't include stupid collectibles, landmarks like Inquisition, Assassin's Creed's.

Sp--pyBrown
03-18-2016, 01:06 PM
As for a home base? There has to be somewhere that players can customize their weapons, keep/customize vehicles, and overview intelligence to plan the next mission (quasi GTA Heists style). This Op Post (OP) could be in a cavern, in a tent, across the border in a neighboring country (maybe Bolivia's neighbors had enough and host the ghosts), or embedded with indigenous Bolivians like the SF does and has done since it's inception. Who knows, but there has to be something, especially with a open world and coop element.

Good points there. I think the safe houses will be able to do what you are describing. All they need is a roof, room for their gear/vehicles and a laptop with a satellite modem.

We'll probably have more info on this after E3:)

PS. OP is an abbreviation of Observation Post. A place where you can observe the enemy.

EDIT.

I hope there isn't vehicle customization because that to me doesn't work with destroyable vehicles. What happens when it gets destroyed, spawns magically back to your base?
I'd rather see lots of vehicles that stay where you leave unless destroyed. Also I'd like to see npcs "stealing" vehicles if they're just left without owner.

Also hoping this open world doesn't include stupid collectibles, landmarks like Inquisition, Assassin's Creed's.

The customized vehicle could just get destroyed and the player(s) would have to acquire a new vehicle to work on.
But yeah, no collectibles. They make no sense.

StealthTallyFox
03-18-2016, 02:31 PM
well, they could get the same vehicles with the same customization again from "safe houses" or like in Watch_Dogs, call someone to deliver the vehicles(of course for normal vehicles only like dirt bike, SUV or Jeep rather than raid car in the trailer or even a helo). just sayin'

Sp--pyBrown
03-18-2016, 04:38 PM
well, they could get the same vehicles with the same customization again from "safe houses" or like in Watch_Dogs, call someone to deliver the vehicles(of course for normal vehicles only like dirt bike, SUV or Jeep rather than raid car in the trailer or even a helo). just sayin'

I'd prefer it if the Ghosts had to acquire the vehicles by themselves. I mean they are operating in a nonpermissive enviroment, it doesn't make sense calling some fixer to drop off a helo in the middle of Bolivian wilderness:D

Buying cars with a phone call, enemies not reacting correctly when being attacked (not calling reinforcements, not overrunning the Ghosts by sheer firepower) or just being able to breeze through enemy "patrols"/checkpoints/contacts without a single worry are all things that could break the atmosphere of this game. They're still aiming for authenticity, right? It's a small team operating in a foreign country without support. It shouldn't be easy :confused:

GiveMeTactical
03-19-2016, 06:16 PM
Yes please, don't make this another episode of " I dream of Jeannie" like Metal Gear Solid where you can call or remove a dog/horse/whatever and a helo comes to deliver/remove almost in front of the enemy but miraculously it does not hear it.

ES-Ulukai
03-20-2016, 11:24 PM
Yes please, don't make this another episode of " I dream of Jeannie" like Metal Gear Solid where you can call or remove a dog/horse/whatever and a helo comes to deliver/remove almost in front of the enemy but miraculously it does not hear it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/GDnomdqpSHlIs/giphy.gif

Lolssi
03-21-2016, 11:03 AM
I'd prefer it if the Ghosts had to acquire the vehicles by themselves. I mean they are operating in a nonpermissive enviroment, it doesn't make sense calling some fixer to drop off a helo in the middle of Bolivian wilderness:D

Buying cars with a phone call, enemies not reacting correctly when being attacked (not calling reinforcements, not overrunning the Ghosts by sheer firepower) or just being able to breeze through enemy "patrols"/checkpoints/contacts without a single worry are all things that could break the atmosphere of this game. They're still aiming for authenticity, right? It's a small team operating in a foreign country without support. It shouldn't be easy :confused:
+1

NightJackal1
03-23-2016, 01:10 PM
+1

So, if you commandeer a vehicle in the game you wouldn't want the ability to change or remove a crew served weapon? Customization doesn't have to be like MGSV or GTAV. From the looks of it, the Ghosts will have Blackhawks and ATVs, maybe allow these to be customized through changing CSWs and additional gear. Maybe an additional primary can be carried on the ATV or ammo. There are some uses for some customization.

I do agree it should not be as easy as calling in support to be dropped like MGS. Vehicles should not be respawnable with the exception of the blackhawk (maybe a time penalty? Several in game days?).

Sp--pyBrown
03-23-2016, 04:08 PM
So, if you commandeer a vehicle in the game you wouldn't want the ability to change or remove a crew served weapon? Customization doesn't have to be like MGSV or GTAV. From the looks of it, the Ghosts will have Blackhawks and ATVs, maybe allow these to be customized through changing CSWs and additional gear. Maybe an additional primary can be carried on the ATV or ammo. There are some uses for some customization.

I do agree it should not be as easy as calling in support to be dropped like MGS. Vehicles should not be respawnable with the exception of the blackhawk (maybe a time penalty? Several in game days?).

ATVs haven't been confirmed, but yes, I'd like to have a bunch of AT4/M72 LAWs strapped on my ATV:D And maybe a Barrett M107:D

Vehicles should not be respawnable with the exception of the blackhawk (maybe a time penalty? Several in game days?).

What do you mean? I wouldn't wanna see a blackhawk pop up on command:p However, it'd be cool if the player could call one in as support/transport.

StealthTallyFox
03-24-2016, 10:13 AM
helos are PMC's, if you want it, you gotta steal it first, then fly it like you stol-wait... you did stole it to fly it!

GustyX
03-25-2016, 12:31 AM
helos are PMC's, if you want it, you gotta steal it first, then fly it like you stol-wait... you did stole it to fly it!
Ghost are in Bolivia, in enemy territory, undercover on black ops mission. They dont get any (or much) support from home, and they have to STEAL a helicopter, to o to a mission area. SMU operator STEAL a helicopter to use it for own mission. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Sp--pyBrown
03-25-2016, 10:30 AM

Wouldn't it make sense if the Ghosts/CIA shell company/US gov would contract a PMC to fly missions for them too? I wonder how they would handle bailing out of a helo to parachute on an enemy target if they're not gonna have friendly AI helos in the game. Will the helo crash and explode in a fireball while the Ghosts land stealthily or is it gonna magically fly into the ether and disappear forever?:D

GiveMeTactical
03-27-2016, 10:02 PM
If there will be transport to go from point A to point B and we will have to deal with checkpoints, I only hope they don't use the same crappy methods they had in Far cry 2 where you would clean a checkpoint only to have to deal with them, all over again, 5 minutes later. This is one of the things I am dreading about this open world situation. Walking for 25 minutes until I encounter some sort of resistance is not what I am looking forward to but neither is magically appearing on a homebase 50 clicks from where I started if they set a homebase option... I don't know what to think about this one for sure.

Cortexian
03-28-2016, 04:28 AM
Wouldn't it make sense if the Ghosts/CIA shell company/US gov would contract a PMC to fly missions for them too? I wonder how they would handle bailing out of a helo to parachute on an enemy target if they're not gonna have friendly AI helos in the game. Will the helo crash and explode in a fireball while the Ghosts land stealthily or is it gonna magically fly into the ether and disappear forever?:D
When we played in Paris, when you bailed out the helicopter crashed afterwards. Not sure what the final mechanics will be though, but being Ghost Recon I doubt they'll support auto-pilot on aircraft that wouldn't otherwise have it in real life...

Sp--pyBrown
03-29-2016, 11:16 AM
When we played in Paris, when you bailed out the helicopter crashed afterwards. Not sure what the final mechanics will be though, but being Ghost Recon I doubt they'll support auto-pilot on aircraft that wouldn't otherwise have it in real life...

Interesting. I've said this in a dozen threads already but I'll say this again; we'll see after E3 what they've got in mind :)

Lolssi
03-31-2016, 11:51 AM
If there will be transport to go from point A to point B and we will have to deal with checkpoints, I only hope they don't use the same crappy methods they had in Far cry 2 where you would clean a checkpoint only to have to deal with them, all over again, 5 minutes later. This is one of the things I am dreading about this open world situation. Walking for 25 minutes until I encounter some sort of resistance is not what I am looking forward to but neither is magically appearing on a homebase 50 clicks from where I started if they set a homebase option... I don't know what to think about this one for sure.
Those damn respawns were the reason I couldn't endure Farcry 2 past couple of hours.
I'd prefer if the game didn't have respawns. At least don't make exact same groups spawn exact same places.
I'd prefer something like Two Worlds migrating system where you could clear something like boars from an area but some might wonder there from other area later on. However you could still kill all the boars in the game.
Challenge here is making the living world. Best I've seen to date must be Stalker games.

GiveMeTactical
04-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Best I can describe it would be Original Far Cry... open world in the sense that you could lliterally take any path you want and you would encounter the enemy at some point but if you tried to rush it you would die and if you try again to take the same path, the enemy would not spawn in the same position so you would have to be cautious every time. Yes, it had its quirks but then again, if they would use the technology we have today to remake that game, I can only get a woody thinking about what that game would be like now... sans those freaking demon creatures (they scared the crap out of me more times that I want to acknowledge LOL).