PDA

View Full Version : Jade's New Look...

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 12:34 AM
This game is looking great so far! One question: Why did you change the visual style of the main character? Perhaps you wanted a more adult hero, but the old one was great. Now she seems a bit too hard edged and that headband is not doing much for her. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 12:34 AM
This game is looking great so far! One question: Why did you change the visual style of the main character? Perhaps you wanted a more adult hero, but the old one was great. Now she seems a bit too hard edged and that headband is not doing much for her. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 02:44 PM
As you can tell, many of us agree with you. Please email your thoughts on the matter to Ubi, using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Or check the "Jade's new character design is HORRIBLE" thread for detailed instructions on reaching the company.

We're really hoping to turn this one around, though it's looking bleak.

XyZspineZyX
10-04-2003, 05:49 PM
I've been looking forward to this game for a long time, but when I saw the first screens of jade's new look, i was really disappointed. When I first saw the game, I remember thinking what a great looking main character for a game Jade was. Her look was very unique...strong but still feminine. C'mon Ubi Soft...I know you were probably getting tired seeing Jade's appearance after working on the game for 2+ years, but that's not a good reason to change it. It seems obvious that the majority of gamers liked the old character design better. The new look is just not working for her...it's not nearly as attractive as her original look. I can honestly say I won't enjoy the game as much if jade stays the way she looks now. If you don't want to change it back, at least give players the option to choose which design they want when they start a new game. Don't alienate your audience by not listening to our opinions. We liked jade just the way she was !

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Look, it doesn't matter. If you had never seen the old Jade and just saw the game with the new one, you'd like it all just the same. You don't see anyone on here ranting and yelling about how they changed Pey'j's look for the worse.

What Ubisoft and the Game Dev's want is their decision. I think the old character is more aesthetically pleasing, but i also think it was yoinked because it had too much of an oriental look to it. The new Jade is fine the way she is, it won't stop me from loving her all the same.

LM

XyZspineZyX
10-27-2003, 12:20 AM
well put, and i was one of the mega-upset when they first changed the look...but when my jets cooled, i dig the new one now. but come on, asians are hot

Message Edited on 10/26/0311:22PM by rookietoys