PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Controller not responding correctly

meathead_79
03-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Not sure if this is a Division issue, but it have never happened on Uncharted, which is the old other PS4 game I have played. Randomly I will lose control of the controller, and my guy would walk backwards, or spin in circles (typically getting me killed). However, then I will be able to play 20 minutes just fine. I have two controllers, and it doesn't matter which one I us, which makes me want to blame the game.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Cool-Caution
03-11-2016, 03:01 PM
had this happen to me. when i get low health and panic a bit to heal my self and my guy would spin 180 around when i did not want him to i am not sure if this is something like 2x tap on a button or something as not tested it out and sins this post has reminded me i am going to check it out as it would be good to use if it is.

to me it sounds like your controller is on it way out. try and do a slow but full rotation of your sticks to unstick anything in it.
have seem this happen in other games and ended up being my controller so i gave it a clean and works fine

meathead_79
03-11-2016, 03:35 PM
had this happen to me. when i get low health and panic a bit to heal my self and my guy would spin 180 around when i did not want him to i am not sure if this is something like 2x tap on a button or something as not tested it out and sins this post has reminded me i am going to check it out as it would be good to use if it is.

to me it sounds like your controller is on it way out. try and do a slow but full rotation of your sticks to unstick anything in it.
have seem this happen in other games and ended up being my controller so i gave it a clean and works fine

I bought the PS4 and an extra controller in December, so they are not old. I may buy a new one and send one in for warranty repair. $60 remote should not have issues after 3 months.

Ubi-Houck
03-11-2016, 03:51 PM
I bought the PS4 and an extra controller in December, so they are not old. I may buy a new one and send one in for warranty repair. $60 remote should not have issues after 3 months.

Hello, meathead_79,

Did you notice this occur on a specific button or direction?

Thanks

sinbad1985
03-13-2016, 01:27 AM
I have similar issue but different. When I start up the game in menu to select my character none of my ps4 buttons work but outside the game controller works just fine. When I am in the game my character can't run at all I can move but can't run. When ever I pull up my map invetory climb pick up loot my character fires the gun and I'm not even touching the trigger at all. I just ran into this now and it's getting very annoying can't play the game

ayonbatds
03-13-2016, 04:35 AM
I am also facing the same problem...the controller works fine every where but yesterday suddenly in the game the controller works haphazardly. The gun fire works by itself and gun switching is not possible.

ayonbatds
03-13-2016, 12:52 PM
sinbad1985 the problem is in the controller and not in the game the R2 trigger is broken. Watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBelQ0SKpmE to fix the button if your device is out of warranty otherwise take it to the service center.

meathead_79
03-14-2016, 07:14 PM
Hello, meathead_79,

Thanks

Nothing specific that I can see. Sometimes I am only using the left toggle, and try to change directions, but continues to walk one way. The worst is in battle,m when I am moving around and the character just sits there, does a 180 out fo cover and gets killed. I bought a third remote, and I have had it happen once again.

Would it help to upload a video of it happening? I don't think it would, but I am out of ideas. My wife confirmed she never noticed it on GTAV, which she plays.

Zypho1984
03-15-2016, 12:57 AM
Same issue. It mostly happens to me in the middle of the action...

Then it always turns 180 to the left side.

meathead_79
03-17-2016, 01:51 PM
Same issue. It mostly happens to me in the middle of the action...

Then it always turns 180 to the left side.

After about 30 hours of game time, this is literally the only thing I can complain about.

rawrmir95
03-22-2016, 04:55 AM
Hello, meathead_79,

Thanks

Hi, I just got The Division yesterday and I'm facing a similar problem. L1, R1 and some direction buttons refuse to work on the character selection screen.
Please do let me know of a way to fix this issue.

AgamenonAtreides
03-22-2016, 12:02 PM
I have a similar issue but with arrow keys, sometimes the game gets crazy and the buttons of grenades, emotes and health/buffs get stucks even without touching them (because i dont use it almost never) and can't move or do any action, it gets stuck and nothing more, even restarting the controller it remains, forcing me to restart the game

meathead_79
03-22-2016, 05:56 PM
I noticed last night that it happens at the same time that the chat audio gets "choppy". Almost like the game is overwhelming the PS4? I am running a Turtle Beach PX4 headset. I think I will try a cheapo head set, to see if it was just a coincidence.

Rugbychris77
11-14-2016, 04:50 PM
I noticed last night that it happens at the same time that the chat audio gets "choppy". Almost like the game is overwhelming the PS4? I am running a Turtle Beach PX4 headset. I think I will try a cheapo head set, to see if it was just a coincidence.

I have the same issue been about a week now, my voice chat gets choppy, when i hear my friends say you're cutting out I know i am in trouble, then my guy turns in circles, doesnt shoot or aims up, goes forwards or backwards and then all of a sudden everything comes back and audio is clear again. No clue what it is, thought maybe because i upgraded my hard drive but that doesn't make sense. I have the same headset.

ProgenysEnd
11-14-2016, 05:58 PM
I experience a lot of input lag that could look like this. Sometimes my inputs won't appear on screen for half a second so it looks like it's not doing what I want it to.

Ubi-gabelikes
11-14-2016, 05:58 PM
Hey, that's really strange. Is this something that only recently started?

/gabelikes

TAZ__KID
11-15-2016, 01:23 AM
Same kind of issue I have tried changing directions had my controller going the complete opposite direction than my character was going and sadly this happens all the time. I have turned this in on tickets before and have seen others post about the issue before also.

groff77
11-15-2016, 06:28 PM
I get the consumable or interaction (clapping,help options) that just randomly pop up. For me though this only happens when I'm chasing a rogue player or group in the DZ. I have never had it happen during a mission. Once it happens im stuck in it for 20-30 seconds and I cannot do anything. I also have 2 controllers and it doesnt matter which one I use, its the same problem. Most of the time I die when it happens.

groff77
11-15-2016, 06:31 PM
I have a similar issue but with arrow keys, sometimes the game gets crazy and the buttons of grenades, emotes and health/buffs get stucks even without touching them (because i dont use it almost never) and can't move or do any action, it gets stuck and nothing more, even restarting the controller it remains, forcing me to restart the game

Yes this 100X this, happens to me very often in the DZ

KenIICarter
12-02-2016, 10:14 AM
I have the same issue been about a week now, my voice chat gets choppy, when i hear my friends say you're cutting out I know i am in trouble, then my guy turns in circles, doesnt shoot or aims up, goes forwards or backwards and then all of a sudden everything comes back and audio is clear again. No clue what it is, thought maybe because i upgraded my hard drive but that doesn't make sense. I have the same headset.

Did you ever find the solution to this? this has been happening to me and It is very annoying and i cant find a solution.

groff77
12-02-2016, 05:34 PM
I agree it seems to happen a lot now for me too. I have replaced my controller to see if that was the issue and it didn't solve the problem. I now get it in LZ, DZ and all missions I have played.