PDA

View Full Version : Wildfire/Fear Tactics - Quick Question

rafoca
03-11-2016, 12:20 PM
Hi. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/smile.png

Will these talents give me the ability to burn/shock enemies right off the bat or do I have to have in my possession a weapon that is already capable, by itself, to do burn/shock damage in order to these talents work?? Thanks!

itbagmidgets13
03-11-2016, 03:59 PM
The description implies that those effects are added.. I was wondering the same, since I haven't seen any weapons that have those types of damage modifiers.

Carthalion
03-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Well...the Turret has burn and shock. I had wondered how I would be able to get a bleed effect and I saw the sticky bomb had a bleed effect and the shock turret I noticed was bleeding a target with all the 1's pouring out of him. I can only assume that's bleed. (or he was making it rain)

There are perks on guns that have similar effects. Intensity iirc is a wpn perk that gives a % chance to ignite your target on the 1st bullet of the magazine. I had it in beta on a DMR...and w/a 5 round clip, I was reloading constantly for a chance to fire up a mob and entertainment purposes.

rafoca
03-11-2016, 05:36 PM
The description implies that those effects are added.. I was wondering the same, since I haven't seen any weapons that have those types of damage modifiers.

Exactly. By reading the description I assumed my shots would eletrocute enemies, but they didnt.

Well...the Turret has burn and shock. I had wondered how I would be able to get a bleed effect and I saw the sticky bomb had a bleed effect and the shock turret I noticed was bleeding a target with all the 1's pouring out of him. I can only assume that's bleed. (or he was making it rain)

There are perks on guns that have similar effects. Intensity iirc is a wpn perk that gives a % chance to ignite your target on the 1st bullet of the magazine. I had it in beta on a DMR...and w/a 5 round clip, I was reloading constantly for a chance to fire up a mob and entertainment purposes.

Have you seen a shock perk for weapons?

itbagmidgets13
03-11-2016, 05:41 PM
I have not. Granted, I am not far into the game content, so you may want to wait until someone with a higher level / DZ experience responds.

rafoca
03-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Yeah. This thread has lots of views, but only you two answered. Maybe more people are in doubt.

Carthalion
03-11-2016, 07:30 PM
Exactly. By reading the description I assumed my shots would eletrocute enemies, but they didnt.

Have you seen a shock perk for weapons?

Not yet...but knowing and once having a DMR w/a chance to fire is promising. I have an AR that also vamps atm...but this early in the game 0.5% of your overall damage isn't a lot.

There's likely going to be some legendary guns with perks like these.

itbagmidgets13
03-11-2016, 08:50 PM
I actually read in another thread from a higher level/DZ level that there are weapons that have these damage modifiers, so I guess it is added into this modifier... not added via talent choice. Ubi/Massive should really re-write the description on those talents because they are kind of misleading.

To the poster above.. Even if it is 0.5% chance on your weapon, that perk adds another 30% chance to add that modifier + the chance to spread it to other close by targets, then that 0.5% is not as negligible as it may seem.

Also, consider incendiary rounds + this talent. Incendiary rounds make your whole active weapon clip become fire modified, so it should work with them as well.

Pakana.
03-12-2016, 01:45 AM
To the poster above.. Even if it is 0.5% chance on your weapon, that perk adds another 30% chance to add that modifier + the chance to spread it to other close by targets, then that 0.5% is not as negligible as it may seem.

l think he was talking about the skill that heals you for 0.5% of the damage you inflict with a crit.

l have that on my smg with a high crit chance.