PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One Game freezing then crashing to Home Screen

MudyRedBeard
03-10-2016, 07:45 PM
I have been having continuous issues with the game freezing during loading screen often and if I make it into a game I get to play for roughly 20 minutes. Yesterday I had received the Delta error code at least 5 times. Is there a major issue with the Server or what? I have done all your troubleshooting and even wired connection I am getting booted from the load screen. I get a NAT of Open and it still freezes mid game. This has been happening to me since alpha and I talked to Microsoft and they explained ya'lls servers are continuously going on and off. I hope ya'll fix the issue with the server maintenance last night. Do yall have any fix to the game freezing during loading and during gameplay when it freezes it sends me back to the Home Screen on my Xbox One. Has any one else been having this issue?

ISP: Comcast
Router model: Netgear R6200v2
Wired/wireless connection: Have tried Wired and Wireless
Campus/Military/Home/Business/School network: HOME Network

Ubi-Houck
03-10-2016, 07:47 PM
Hello, MudyRedBeard,

I am sorry to hear you are getting freezing issues. Can you please try the steps in the article below?

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/games/game-freeze-solution

Thanks

MudyRedBeard
03-10-2016, 07:52 PM
I have done all of those troubleshooting issues and it continuously happens to me. My friends play the same time and they get nothing. This has been happening to me since Alpha.

Ubi-Houck
03-10-2016, 07:58 PM
I have done all of those troubleshooting issues and it continuously happens to me. My friends play the same time and they get nothing. This has been happening to me since Alpha.

Do you have a physical disc or digital download version of the game?

Thanks

MudyRedBeard
03-10-2016, 08:02 PM
Physical disc. I installed on release day and I could get pasted the intro video so I uninstalled and reinstalled and I got pasted the video but I get game freezes when trying to continue or while I play. Very frustrating.

Ubi-Houck
03-10-2016, 08:10 PM
Physical disc. I installed on release day and I could get pasted the intro video so I uninstalled and reinstalled and I got pasted the video but I get game freezes when trying to continue or while I play. Very frustrating.

Can you please try re-linking your Xbox Live account with your Uplay account?

First please turn off your console, then please go to our account management page here: https://account-uplay.ubi.com/

Once logged in, go down to 'Linked Accounts' and click 'UNLINK' next to the Xbox Live account. Once you have done this, please turn on your console and once asked, link your Xbox account back to your Uplay one.

Thanks

MudyRedBeard
03-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Okay I have unlinked the account. I am currently at work do I need to turn my console on to relink my uplay?

Ubi-Houck
03-10-2016, 08:26 PM
Okay I have unlinked the account. I am currently at work do I need to turn my console on to relink my uplay?

Yes. Please re-link it from within the game rather than on the website.

Thanks

MudyRedBeard
03-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Okay. what should happen by unlinking the account and relinking it?

MudyRedBeard
03-10-2016, 10:24 PM
What will relinking the account do for the freezing? can you explain what that does?

AlceonDays
03-11-2016, 05:09 AM
I am having the same issue. Walking around and not doing anything else, the game is fine. Aim down your weapon and look around, the game crashes sometimes. Aim down on an enemy npc and shoot it, after 2-3 enemies the game crashes. 2 out of 10 times, you are able to complete a simple, small mission before the game crashes. It became unplayable.
I did everything suggested by support and other forums. Reset router with new DNS addresses. I've put the XBox's IP address in the routers DMZ zone. Connected Xbox to cable modem only. I changed in game language to my mother language (am German, but prefer English). Deleted and reinstalled the game which took hours. Tried playing with and without clothing DLC's. Nothing seems to help.

Update: Game not only crashes to home screen anymore, but also begins to crash the whole XBox, causing it to reboot.

Update: Crashes don't seem to be related to any in-game action, crashes occur randomly.
I did notice though, that when transfered to another "Instance", like joining others for a big mission, the game didn't crash.

Update: Scratch that, crashes in big missions, too.

stevenisarob0t
03-11-2016, 11:32 AM
I am having the problem too. I have followed all the steps, including un-linking my accounts, and still the same crash after 10 minutes max sometimes within 2 minutes of logging in.

Help.

Update: I played this afternoon for an entire 18 minute window without a crash.....and the boom crashed multiple times in 5 minutes.

AlceonDays
03-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Ubisoft, get your s... together, i didn't pre-order with season pass for 99,- € to have a game that works one week and then becomes unplayable.

Regulary updated:
Legend: "I" and "-" representing crashes to home screen since 10th March
"X" and "*" representing crashes of whole Xbox since 10th March

IIII- IIII- IIII- IIII- IIII- IIII- IIII- IIII- IIII- IIII-
IIII- IIII- IIII- IIII- IIII- IIII- IIII- IIII- IIII- IIII

XXXX* XXXX

linksxdx
03-12-2016, 12:14 AM
I am having the same issue. Walking around and not doing anything else, the game is fine. Aim down your weapon and look around, the game crashes sometimes. Aim down on an enemy npc and shoot it, after 2-3 enemies the game crashes. 2 out of 10 times, you are able to complete a simple, small mission before the game crashes. It became unplayable.
I did everything suggested by support and other forums. Reset router with new DNS addresses. I've put the XBox's IP address in the routers DMZ zone. Connected Xbox to cable modem only. I changed in game language to my mother language (am German, but prefer English). Deleted and reinstalled the game which took hours. Tried playing with and without clothing DLC's. Nothing seems to help.

Update: Game not only crashes to home screen anymore, but also begins to crash the whole XBox, causing it to reboot.

Update: Crashes don't seem to be related to any in-game action, crashes occur randomly.
I did notice though, that when transfered to another "Instance", like joining others for a big mission, the game didn't crash.

Update: Scratch that, crashes in big missions, too.

im getting all the smae problems as this guys and its really ruining the game for me since all my friends are alot higher levelled both main game and in the DZ

AlceonDays
03-12-2016, 02:59 AM
Did anyone here with the problem unlock the Broker outfit on UPlay?
Or have anything unlocked like the Shortbows cap without having participated in the closed Beta?

manwobbler
03-12-2016, 07:08 AM
I am experiencing the same issues as op. I am ready to return the game, while I greatly enjoy it, it's very tough to play it for 3 minutes, crash, restart xbox, catch back up to where I was then crash again. Why is there no support for these issues? I have added port forwarding to my xbox and done other previous recommendations.

I'm ready to collect all my previous ubisoft games and live stream a ubisoft bonfire. Early access alpha games have less problems than this bullsh$@, on a console no less.

AlceonDays
03-12-2016, 09:37 AM
Early access alpha games have less problems than this bullsh$@, on a console no less.

Wholeheartedly agree with you on that. Strange thing is, i had zero issues in the beta, zero issues until 10th March. This gotta be the first in history where a company kicks it's own game back to alpha status after a final release.

AlceonDays
03-12-2016, 11:10 AM
Server restart... i'm stopping counting at:

XXXX* XXXX

99 Crashes to home screen and 9 Xbox crashes.

*hums* I've got 99 problems but my system/connection/router/whatever ain't one.............

Discovteam06
03-12-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm having the exact same crashing issues. I followed all of the steps on Xbox for freezing games including factory resetting my game. I reached out to ubisoft last Tuesday and received no reply at all. It usually crashes before I can even start game play but sometimes I make it 5 minutes before crashing. I'm not a big fan of paying 60 bucks for something that doesn't work, anyone have any solutions?

MudyRedBeard
03-14-2016, 05:35 AM
Okay I am having a serious problem with how this game freezing just continues even after your server maintenance. I have done everything that is suggested for fixing it and nothing works!!!! You have a serious problem and you need to be fixing it immediately!!! I have been patient with yall on this and I am on my very last nerve with this issue i can not play the game for more than a second.

PumaUK7
03-14-2016, 10:39 PM
Never in my life have I encountered a game that just plain doesn't work on console.

This locks up every 5mins without fail.

How can I fix this???

SlM0NSTER
03-15-2016, 03:53 PM
i have been having continuous issues with the game freezing during loading screen often and if i make it into a game i get to play for roughly 20 minutes. Yesterday i had received the delta error code at least 5 times. Is there a major issue with the server or what? I have done all your troubleshooting and even wired connection i am getting booted from the load screen. I get a nat of open and it still freezes mid game. This has been happening to me since alpha and i talked to microsoft and they explained ya'lls servers are continuously going on and off. I hope ya'll fix the issue with the server maintenance last night. Do yall have any fix to the game freezing during loading and during gameplay when it freezes it sends me back to the home screen on my xbox one. Has any one else been having this issue?

Isp: Comcast
router model: Netgear r6200v2
wired/wireless connection: Have tried wired and wireless
campus/military/home/business/school network: Home network

same issue please help

AlceonDays
03-23-2016, 10:21 AM
I had no issues anymore after the server restart on 12th March. Now it started happening again (23th March), right after i joined a group for a mission. My guess is, that during the transaction of one's character from one world to another players world, things get ****ed up and stay ****ed up after. Fix this.

Legend: "I" and "-" representing crashes to home screen from 10th to 12th March
"X" and "*" representing crashes of whole Xbox from 10th to 12th

XXXX* XXXX

Crashes to home screen from 23th March to ?

II
XXX

AlceonDays
03-23-2016, 01:41 PM
Seriously Ubisoft, how big was the bribe to Microsoft to release a game in such a horrible state?

Ubi-gabelikes
01-29-2017, 05:24 PM
Could you please get in contact with support? They can assist you with troubleshooting.

https://support.ubi.com/

/gabelikes

tonyrawls
01-31-2017, 08:11 AM
Thankyou for sharing the post. :o

ennoucas1
02-18-2018, 11:11 PM
So i just lost 45 hours spent on this game... My game won't start anymore. I've created another profile and it works well with it. But mine is corrupted since the game crashed while playing.

I've contacted the support and they could't do anything. Tried unlink and link back my account. Nothing worked. I'm so angry right now. I don't buy this kind of game to be unable to play it at some point. It's just so irritating... Thanks UBISOFT .... !!!!

And yes, when it crashes I need to reboot my entire xbox as it does not respond well after.