PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Syndicate: The Last Maharaja -- Feedback

Utau_Trish
03-10-2016, 05:08 AM
Before I start, my apologies for starting a new thread if something similar to this already exists. I just couldn't find it. Now, since that's all said and done, let's move on to why I'm here, shall we?

I just finished playing The Last Maharaja and, I heard my heart shatter into a million pieces. I love Assassin's Creed Syndicate! Compared to the last few games in the series, this one is a huge step up; you guys really made quite some really noteworthy improvements! I love everything about the main game and what it's brought to the table, going back to basics but with style and drama and humor. From start to finish, everything about Syndicate is just flippin' fantastic! My love for the game increased 10 folds when Jack The Ripper DLC came out. (My only problem with that one was that, I didn't get to play as Jacob, instead I had to beat him up, which hurt...a lot! I am absolutely in love with Mr. Frye right now, haha! But) Fantastic, fantastic pieces of work. I managed to get all the trophies for this game and the DLC, and 100% everything; something I didn't feel like doing for the other Assassin's Creed games.

That being said, understand the amount of high expectations I had with The Last Maharaja. Like I said, my heart shattered into pieces; I'm on the verge of tears right now. The mission pack started out great, with an interesting mission (although it could've been a lot more intriguing. However, it wasn't too bad). The first couple of cutscenes were great, had the same amount of drama and humor as the actual game. Even some of the missions were entertaining and interesting; my favorite was the "Much Ado About Drinking" mission -- I couldn't stop giggling at Jacob's state of affairs. The optional challenges in the missions were pretty good, so I did 100% all the missions. However, it all started going downhill pretty fast in the last couple of missions.

I know the issue of the bugs and glitches have already been mentioned by others on here so I'm not going to repeat those. I will point out all the other things that bothered me a little:
1. I was hoping this would be a stand-alone DLC, like Jack The Ripper was, with its own set of trophies and things.
2. I was hoping to play this entire pack with Jacob. Evie had her turn with Jack The Ripper. Nonetheless, I'm not too bothered about playing a couple of missions with her. What does bother me is
3. The fact that the pack ended with just Evie. If anything, it should've been with both the twins in the end, helping Duleep out; throw in Henry as a bonus. Because when the mission started, it was with all three of them. The starting of the pack was pretty strong, but
4. The ending turned out to be just as much weak. I was hoping for something exciting and/or fun, like the ones for Charles Darwin or Karl Marx or, my favorite, Queen Victoria. But....gaaahhh!! The solution wasn't really a solution and it was brought up pretty abruptly. If that's how it was going to "end", everything that lead to that didn't exactly match that ending, and the transition to it wasn't so great. Like I felt like there was going to be more, but "PSYCH! Nope! This is where it ends!", like I just got slapped in the face.
5. It bothered me, being the Jacob Frye fan girl that I am and having played 90% of the main game with him, that Jacob couldn't handle Duleep's madness. He went on tour with Maxwell Roth, for God's sake! Duleep's madness was nothing compared to that crazy bastard! And this is Jacob Frye we're talking about -- he's roguish, brutish and brash himself! (Which, 20 years later, he realized, doesn't make for a good assassin mentor).

These are the few things that I wanted to point out that bothered me quite a bit. I believe, everything technically wrong with the mission pack has been pointed out by other members before me, so I won't repeat them again. Mind though, it wasn't a complete fail or a disaster -- I did mention the things that I liked or found okay with the pack -- but a lot more could have been done, both gameplay-wise and story-wise. Most unfortunate though is that, overall, the final product does not look very polished; at times, I thought I was playing a beta version.

This is my feedback for The Last Maharaja only, and it does not effect the main game and Jack The Ripper, whatsoever. As mentioned before, I really had a blast playing this game with its first DLC. It's a game I'll keep going back to because all the side activities are an absolute joy to play; I love beating people up, with Jacob, at the fight clubs and try and get all the multi finishers in each round. Heck, I plan on going back to it after I'm done with The Division! I can't remember the last time I had this much fun with an Assassin's Creed game. It's just that The Last Maharaja broke my heart.

Sorry this turned out to be so long, but I really had to get this off my chest, haha! Peace!

Jessigirl2013
03-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Before I start, my apologies for starting a new thread if something similar to this already exists. I just couldn't find it. Now, since that's all said and done, let's move on to why I'm here, shall we?

I just finished playing The Last Maharaja and, I heard my heart shatter into a million pieces. I love Assassin's Creed Syndicate! Compared to the last few games in the series, this one is a huge step up; you guys really made quite some really noteworthy improvements! I love everything about the main game and what it's brought to the table, going back to basics but with style and drama and humor. From start to finish, everything about Syndicate is just flippin' fantastic! My love for the game increased 10 folds when Jack The Ripper DLC came out. (My only problem with that one was that, I didn't get to play as Jacob, instead I had to beat him up, which hurt...a lot! I am absolutely in love with Mr. Frye right now, haha! But) Fantastic, fantastic pieces of work. I managed to get all the trophies for this game and the DLC, and 100% everything; something I didn't feel like doing for the other Assassin's Creed games.

That being said, understand the amount of high expectations I had with The Last Maharaja. Like I said, my heart shattered into pieces; I'm on the verge of tears right now. The mission pack started out great, with an interesting mission (although it could've been a lot more intriguing. However, it wasn't too bad). The first couple of cutscenes were great, had the same amount of drama and humor as the actual game. Even some of the missions were entertaining and interesting; my favorite was the "Much Ado About Drinking" mission -- I couldn't stop giggling at Jacob's state of affairs. The optional challenges in the missions were pretty good, so I did 100% all the missions. However, it all started going downhill pretty fast in the last couple of missions.

I know the issue of the bugs and glitches have already been mentioned by others on here so I'm not going to repeat those. I will point out all the other things that bothered me a little:
1. I was hoping this would be a stand-alone DLC, like Jack The Ripper was, with its own set of trophies and things.
2. I was hoping to play this entire pack with Jacob. Evie had her turn with Jack The Ripper. Nonetheless, I'm not too bothered about playing a couple of missions with her. What does bother me is
3. The fact that the pack ended with just Evie. If anything, it should've been with both the twins in the end, helping Duleep out; throw in Henry as a bonus. Because when the mission started, it was with all three of them. The starting of the pack was pretty strong, but
4. The ending turned out to be just as much weak. I was hoping for something exciting and/or fun, like the ones for Charles Darwin or Karl Marx or, my favorite, Queen Victoria. But....gaaahhh!! The solution wasn't really a solution and it was brought up pretty abruptly. If that's how it was going to "end", everything that lead to that didn't exactly match that ending, and the transition to it wasn't so great. Like I felt like there was going to be more, but "PSYCH! Nope! This is where it ends!", like I just got slapped in the face.
5. It bothered me, being the Jacob Frye fan girl that I am and having played 90% of the main game with him, that Jacob couldn't handle Duleep's madness. He went on tour with Maxwell Roth, for God's sake! Duleep's madness was nothing compared to that crazy bastard! And this is Jacob Frye we're talking about -- he's roguish, brutish and brash himself! (Which, 20 years later, he realized, doesn't make for a good assassin mentor).

These are the few things that I wanted to point out that bothered me quite a bit. I believe, everything technically wrong with the mission pack has been pointed out by other members before me, so I won't repeat them again. Mind though, it wasn't a complete fail or a disaster -- I did mention the things that I liked or found okay with the pack -- but a lot more could have been done, both gameplay-wise and story-wise. Most unfortunate though is that, overall, the final product does not look very polished; at times, I thought I was playing a beta version.

This is my feedback for The Last Maharaja only, and it does not effect the main game and Jack The Ripper, whatsoever. As mentioned before, I really had a blast playing this game with its first DLC. It's a game I'll keep going back to because all the side activities are an absolute joy to play; I love beating people up, with Jacob, at the fight clubs and try and get all the multi finishers in each round. Heck, I plan on going back to it after I'm done with The Division! I can't remember the last time I had this much fun with an Assassin's Creed game. It's just that The Last Maharaja broke my heart.

Sorry this turned out to be so long, but I really had to get this off my chest, haha! Peace!

IMO I prefer it to the JTR DLC as that DLC has the most ridiculous and atrocious plot holes.:mad:

The bugs seriously need to be patched out though, its a disgrace.

The fact that UBI couldn't be bother to do cutscenes for any other mission apart from the starting mission. <--- Which was used in the trailer...
Just shows how little effort was used and how much they cared about the quality of the DLC...

cawatrooper9
03-14-2016, 07:55 PM
Weird, I didn't even know this was out yet.

Syndicate was great, I'll agree with you on that, friend.

I think part of the issue here was high expectations. Maybe I'm a little pessimistic when it comes to DLC, but I think you always have to expect that DLC simply isn't going to be as good as the main game (unless we're talking Bioware). Plus, considering how this pack seems to play second fiddle to the much more publicized JTR content released last year, I just really didn't expect to be blown away by this, even though Syndicate was so good.

Jessigirl2013
03-15-2016, 12:59 PM
Weird, I didn't even know this was out yet.

Syndicate was great, I'll agree with you on that, friend.

I think part of the issue here was high expectations. Maybe I'm a little pessimistic when it comes to DLC, but I think you always have to expect that DLC simply isn't going to be as good as the main game (unless we're talking Bioware). Plus, considering how this pack seems to play second fiddle to the much more publicized JTR content released last year, I just really didn't expect to be blown away by this, even though Syndicate was so good.

I also got into it very late, UBI didn't really advertise it well.
Its weird they didn't add as a widget on the main menu of Syndicate instead of the silly video tutorials that people couldn't care less about.:rolleyes:
JTR DLC is the only DLC they like to shove in peoples faces...

I wish they bothered with proper cutscenes though, if the first one wasn't used in the trailer I doubt they would of even bothered with that...